“Best Holiday Inn Express in the country”

Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I now use this hotel every time I'm working near Birmingham. The hotel is very new and the rooms are simple but stylish. The beds are very comfy and the shower's are great (if you stay in hotels a lot like me, you'll know what I mean). None of the rooms I've stayed in here have baths, though.

The hotel is situated next to the Snowdome and so there's plenty of parking. There's a cinema nearby and a few restaurants to choose from in the city centre (including a good Indian restaurant). Although the hotel restaurant is OK, it's a bit souless. Fine for breakfast, though.

In short, it;s a good location to get to and from if you're travelling to the Birmingham area, modern, clean and good value for money. Ideal for business travellers.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tamworth

Reviewed 28 March 2011

On arrival at the hotel i knew we had made the right choice as the location is excellent. Close to drayton within walking distance of snowdome and bowling alley and only a short drive to town centre and cinema. Also a couple of good places to eat close by and the lake is nice even if a bit untidy (lots of litter and a few groups of teenagers hanging about). Our welcome could have been better but she was okay no waiting checked in straight away. Room as requested and really modern loved the shower, lighing system and nice flat screen tv. Small quibble was quite alot of dust about and marks on the walls but overall nothing to moan too much about. Breakfast was really nice better the first morning as on the second morning they seemed to have run out of orange juice and fresh fruit but again only a small quibble. You have to pay a pound per exit out the car park unless you are a priority club member - if your not one you can sign up while your there we did its free and meant we didnt have to worry about the cost of the car park. Overally really liked it and will be returning particlary as we only paid 59 pound for 2 nights.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The bed was terrible and the staff missed delivering our wake up call when we had an early train to catch. We made it anyway since we couldn't sleep because the bed was so uncomfortable, so we were up. The business center was inadequate as well. The staff delivered extra pillows and blankets when asked but didn't give adequate directions to local restaurants. The hotel location is great though- sharing a parking lot with the Snowdome (very fun!) and a walking path to the Town Center which was delightful. Ate at the Beefeaters Grill and had a great meal and service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Stayed for two nights and cannot find a fault with this hotel, staff and facilities were excellent a modern hotel that is being well maintained. Even the free breakfast had a good range.
Having never heard of teh snowdome until checking out trip advisor before we booked, we took our 2 year old for swimming and it was great to have such a good facility within walking distance. Fancy taking him on the snow when he is a bit older. Ideal for Thomas land which was the reason for our trip, easy to get into Birmingham for shopping as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank andlaur
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Booked the hotel for myself and four collegues as we were visiting Birmingham the next day. Found the hotel straight away and parking the cars was no problem. The hotel is new and very modern, receptionis was helpful, quick and knew the local area well.The rooms were very good, very clean and had everything you would need.The bar area was small however we went out to a local restaurant that reception had recommended and it was a short taxi ride away.
This hotel is superior to many holiday inns that i have stayed in and i would certainly recommend

Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express Tamworth each week on business. I’m greeted with a friendly smile with many of the staff remembering my name. The great service makes this weekly stay much more enjoyable. The staff are always willing to help with any problems.
Rooms are large, Modern and clean. Food is good and also you are able to order take-way form many local restaurants to be delivered to the hotel. Snowdome and its leisure facilities are great for families.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

I was a little apprehensive about this hotel when I read the reviews on Trip Advisor but I was pleasantly suprised on arrival, the hotel was in a great location for everything we wanted, it shares the same car park as Tamworth snowdome which was brilliant ( we had a 4 yr old with us), she loved the snowdome, we went swimming, ice skating for drinks and food and I must say the value for money in the snowdome was fantastic, kids meals £3.95 albeit only about 5 choices bit I wld say something for everyone. The hotel was spotless the rooms were a little small but we cld cope with that for 2 nights however the bathroom was lovely and a great size with a lovely shower, I really do not have many qualms about this hotel the only thing I cld say is if we stayed again which we will be doing I would request a lakeview rather than a road view as was slightly noisy but only because I am a light sleeper. We had fresh towels in our room daily and the staff were lovely, breakfast was great and free what more could you ask, the 2nd day new yrs day it was a little busy we came down at 9.30 however still managed to eat and have coffee and juice etc everything was fully stocked, I asked for a fork as there was no cutlery it was with me in 5 seconds. The whole experience I can honestly say was worth every penny and more, I will most definatly be returning this year we loved it, we went to Frankie and Bennys on New Yrs eve and that was 5 mins walk away - brilliant. The hotel gave us a menu for 1st night for an indian called Champagne, got to say one of the nicest Indians we have ever had and it arrived with us in about 40 mins stright to the hotel, good value for money very reasonable and very,very tasty. There is a great childrens play area over the bridge behind the hotel, fantastic, a short drive away literally 5 mins is Sainsburys and Asda, cld walk in about 10 mins. Nothing was a problem for any member of staff and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Drayton Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
The Gungate
The Gungate
#9 of 11 in Tamworth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tamworth? Share your experiences!