“Freezing”

Ranked #4 of 6 Tamworth B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Freezing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed in December, I got given a broken ironing board and iron with the wires coming out.
If that wasn't bad enough the room was freezing cold. I tried to get an extra blanket from someone about 12pm but they lock up and go home after the pub is closed. Would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight fri 26 dec
Whilst visiting friends . Nice staff
Nice food nice warm clean room
And decent price .
Only fault was room was really
Small and so was toilet / shower
But as we were only there one night
It wasn't a big deal .
Thanks to staff for all your help
And would defiantly return

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I'm almost lost for words. I tried to cancel my booking due to my father just passing away. Admittedly this was a last minute booking but being told by the manager that "I find it very hard to believe that you'd be calling if your father had actually died". She was so rude and continued by calling me a liar.

It was shocked that anyone in the hotel industry would speak to someone like that.

I have used the hotel before and said I would continue using them as my girlfriends family live in Tamworth. She confirmed the only way that they "might" be able to give me a refund is if a bring in an original birth certificate. They would not even accept a scanned copy.

The manager was obnoxious and rude and I would urge anyone reading this not to give her the satisfaction of getting your custom.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank Daymonkey81

Travellers are raving about these Tamworth hotels

Wokingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed overnight last Friday for first time, and highly recommend this establishment. Friendly & welcoming staff, great food, sky sports, good beer, and a decent room. England were playing a world cup qualifier that night, and the staff were still really good, and the food was freshly cooked.There is a car aprk at the rear which is a bit hard to find, so best to pull up out the front and pop inside and ask directions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stirling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Booked eight rooms (singles mostly) for us all to go to the RTTW at the National Memorial Arboretum (NMA) 4th and 5th October (20130). We were booked for two nights and although booking in was a wee bit slow it was not their fault, they are a pub and not a hotel therefore the girl booking us in was also serving pints to the customers; so no problem there. They have I think 21 rooms in this (presumably) former coaching house and there a wee rooms all over the place, kind of motel type mixed with hotel type but good. Rooms themselves (for us) were pretty small and basic, but it is a pub and the price is great. Rooms clean, and clened on both days towels changed etc and friendly staff. We had dinner on the Friday and I have to say it was the best gammon steak I have ever eaten. Between us all there were no complaints about the food and we had varying choices from a good selection. The full English breakfast on both mornings was great, hot, fresh and plenty of cereals, juices etc etc all served with a smile! Parking was also not a problem as they have a large car park to the rear and if you manage to get a room there you can park your bike (or car) at the door. There is also a beer garden at the front and the rear of the pub.Remember it is a pub not a hotel and what you get for your money is well worth it.
It is a tradition we have (Caledonia Harley Club) that we like to share a few Tequila's with our friends however on this occassion they didn't have any, the manageress wasn't keen to go get any so we had a few pints and went further into town. Their loss as we probably spent another £400 that they could have had in their till, so for that reason they have lost a point or it would have been practically perfect, however we will book again for next year; and if they read their reviews then maybe there will be some Tequila!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are a wee bit noisy as it is quite a busy main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just stopped overnight.
Rooms all have en-suite.
Got tea coffee facilities in the rooms
TV.
Breakfast was excellant.
Good variety of cearel, yogut, fresh orange juice.
Fried breakfast.
Sausage bacon beans or tomatoes eggs.
Tea or coffee.
Could not fault it at all.
I will highly RECOMMEND THE TAMWORTH ARMS

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vondarlin
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

1. We stayed in Room 21 / 17 on the 10th sept for one night on our way back from london to the ferry
Room 21 was ok (very cold)
2. We asked for the heating to be put on twice on both rooms as we had a baby and my 80 Year old father who
was freezing all nite .We rang the hotel twice and they kept saying yes we will put the heating on BUT never put it on and we rang again it rang out they never answered.
3. Room 17 Two single beds the sheets were all stained and creased and pillows were smelly and dirty. Shower was broken, Lamp was broken and the carpet was not clean...........
spoke to the receptionist the next morning she was so rude and I asked her to come to the room with me and she would not. kept saying she will check the rooms when we were gone which was not good enough. I was so disappointed on her attitude and her staring at me while I spoke......

4. As for breakfast we asked for 3 full English breakfast with tomato... On the plate was a big dob of Tomato Puree
across the plate instead of whole tomatoes Discussing presentation for a hotel..... The waitress was so grumpy for 3 of us 3 people had to serve us without a smile and chat.........Did not even say good morning... did we enjoy our stay or was everything ok looks like they wanted us out. As for the Bar it could do a big clean...

Room Tip: Check the room before check in make sure its clean and shower working and its warm....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family