“Our wedding :-)”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
cannock
“Our wedding :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

I arrived to a lovely lady on reception who helped me with lots of different things.. too many to note.. Then both myself and daughter got to our room WOW rm 143 presidential suite with balcony... Havent got the words it was gorgeous and made our wedding morning of 2 hairdressers, makeup artist, 6 bridesmaids, photographers a breeze with so much room. Then we go to our wedding held in the Tower Lounge this was beautiful and riding over in the golf buggy was so much fun... Park staff were also fab on our journey down into park for photos (made something happen i didnt think possible) all my men in tails went on the Maelstrom :-D it was so much fun. While we were having fun my guests were bein looked after with reception drinks and canapes (which were yummy) and i hear it was very relaxed.. Then onto Hamilton suite for wedding breakfast.... Amazing all staff went beyond doing there jobs.. The food was served with staff wearing gloves all in correct manner it was beautiful. Then a personal touch from the chef who sent me out a indoor firework it was a fabulous touch and made our day. Also the chef poppin in to say hello in his 5 minute break and i know how busy this guy was with it being there busiest weekend in the grill inn and another function. Then the fireworks Wow... fabulous.. guests loved them... all in all i havent got one bad comment it was perfect even down to our car alarm goin off from 2 am but staff didnt want to disturb us... Big thanks go to all staff especially Louise, Brian, Laura, Jayne, lady with long blonde hair in ponytail with glasses serving our meal... EVERYONE .. it was a risk having our wedding at a theme park but i think everyone should get married here it was ace... just an all rounder amazing weekend from the arrival to departure.

• Stayed November 2012
Gerry R, Guest Relations Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
I am so glad that you had a special memorable day and that our team went a long way to contributing. We are very aware how important and stressful your wedding day can be and I am pleased our team went a long way to making the day as stress free and memorable as possible.
I have passed your comments on to the team and widh you all the best for the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Beverley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I travelled on Thursday / Friday during the October half term week with husband and 6 year old son.

We arrived around 10 am on Thursday. We had pre booked tickets and collection at reception was quick and easy. We were told that we could check in from 3 pm onwards, but nothing more was mentioned. We enjoyed our 1st day at Thomas Land.

We ventured back to the hotel at around 5:15 pm. The check in desk had a massive queue which to be honest we did expect at this time due to the park just closing. However, it was rather annoying as to begin with there was only 1 member of staff at the check in desk. After a while, another member of staff began checking guests in and the queue started moving. The staff on reception are extremely friendly. We were informed and I quote to go 'straight to the restaurant with our suitcases to book a table as they are getting extremely busy'. Why we were not told this in the morning I'm not sure.

We went directly to the restaurant where we were categorically informed by a member of staff there that there were no tables available until 7:45 pm. We were asked which restaurant we wanted to eat in, and we said either, whichever had a table available first. We were again informed that 7:45 was the earliest available time, and that both restaurants have the same booking system. We felt no choice but to book it and wait.

We went down to the bar (within the restaurants which are next to each other, in the same room) about 5:45 pm. I again checked if there were any earlier tables, and the answer was no. After waiting for over an hour and a half with my hungry 6 year old son, we began wondering why they did not seem over run or busy. In fact half of the tables became empty at about 7 pm in both restaurants. I decided to ask again about 7:15 pm if there were any tables free yet. It was a different member of staff this time (seemed like senior staff), who responded with ' yes there has been tables free since 5:30'. Needless to say I was quite annoyed!!! When I explained what I was previously told, she could not understand it. All I can think is that the system of booking both restaurants on the same sheet of screwed up paper (which staff just seemed to scribble on, in no particular order or strategy) is a complete shambles. They really need seperate booking systems for each restaurant.

When the food did arrive, it was of a very good quality in our opinion. But having had to wait so long spoilt it a bit.

Our room was good. Nothing more to say really, just what I expected. There was only one problem. The air conditioning system in our room was so loud it kept me awake most of the night until I decided to switch it off. Didn't bother me too much as the temperature was ok in the room.

Breakfast was lovely. Lots of choice, and the buffet was hot enough, which is what a lot of other hotels fail on.

If I did return to this hotel, I would expect the restaurant to be more organised! If it wasn't I would be taking it up with the hotel manager!! Not happy with that aspect of the hotel at all. Be warned!! Make sure you double check and keep asking if you're told to wait for a table!!

4 Thank Tracey302011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
Please accept my sincere apologies on the breakdown of communication on booking a table within our restaurants. For your future reference, we do have an online booking system with a link attached on your confirmation e mail. This allows our guests to book a table in advance as our restaurants do get extremely busy.
I have passed your comments on to the restaurant management team to review and improve.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to review your stay, as it is through comments such as this we can improve.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

During school brake we went to spend a couple of night in Drayton Manor as is the home of Thomas the Tank, and our son loves Thomas. We book the Thomas room that was really nice. When we arrived we asked at the reception at what time was our breakfast with characters and the receptionist said that because not many people booked breakfast with characters that was cancelled. But we paid extra for that! Later on we went back to ask for our money, but then they corrected themselves saying that it will be a breakfast with characters. There were also some activities in the evening for children, but again the receptionist didn't have a clue what was the activities of the day. So it was a bit of a hassle there. The day after we had breakfast and went to enjoy our activities in the park and when we came back our room wasn't done...!
Anyway we have had our breakfast with the Fat Controller and his assistant Mr. Percival, and they were amazing! Really professionals. Very magical. Well done guys! You save the days!
Cheers

1 Thank ThealphaM
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
Please accept my apologies in the poor information you received about our character breakfast and kids entertainment. I have passed your comments on to our Front Office Manager to review.
However, I am thoroughly pleased that you found the characters enjoyable and in particular that your children enjoyed them.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

we took our 5 yr old daughter away for the weekend....chester zoo followed by drayton manor them park.....as its a longdrive we thought we'd stay at a couple of hotels to make it a nice break...decided upon the drayton manor hotel for ease and convenience. of which it was perfect. Hotel itself is lovely and new, modern and clean with friendly helpful staff...nothing worse than walking into a hotel room and not finding a remote...easily sorted though by reception. Only slight let down was the quality of food, i wasnt overly impressed which was a shame especially as it was a tad pricey (dont mind paying good money if the food warrants it) ....if i go again i will try the grill inn restuarant.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
I apprecaite you taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
Please accept my apologies that our food offering was not to your liking. I have passed your comments on to the kitchen team to review.
Kings Lynn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Entertainment was top notch, me my husband and two boys stayed in the hotel wenesday night after a day in thomas land we went over for entertainment and it was BRILLIANT! we was thoroughly entertained by Bobo the clown he was fantastic. he kept the kids entertained so easily with punch and judy, colouring, games, music, dvds and read thomas books to them. the kids loved him and it really was top class entertainment and i will be staying at the hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
I am glad extremely happy that our kids entertainment was enjoyed by you and your family. We are aware how important it is to keep our "little guests" happy and entertained and am pleased that we satisifed on this occasion.
I have passed your comments on to Bobo and I hope to see you when you next visit
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We recently attended a Wedding Reception at Drayton manor Hotel and spent the night in a beautiful double room there.The Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was superb, both at the Reception and at Breakfast (lots of choice) the following morning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words in relation to your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
I am especially pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and I hope to see you return in the near future.
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We recently stayed for 2 nights, with our teenage son. The decor and standard of the rooms cannot be faulted, and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We opted for the "Dine, Stay & Play" package which included park tickets, bed, breakfast and three course evening meal. Could not fault the food, which was delicious, but would have been really pricey if we had not had it included in the package. We were there for a family break, but as well as other families there seemed to be a lot of single guests who appeared to be staying on business or attending conferences also held at the hotel. For us this did not pose a problem, but all the families with young children running around seemed to annoy some of the business guests. Compared to somewhere like Alton Towers which is aimed at families and children, Drayton Manor's hotel could have had more of a "fun" theme, but then I suppose this could alienate the corporate business that they are obviously also aiming for. This is what I mean by a split personality - it seems to be aiming at two very different markets and doesn't hit the spot perfectly for either. The lifts also need to be reprogrammed! When we were vacating our room we got in the lift on the 3rd floor, along with another party who also wanted to go to the ground floor. However, the lift kept stopping at 2nd and 1st floors and then going back up to 3rd becaused someone else had called it. Everytime the doors opened, we kept seeing the same people waiting to get in, and we had to keep telling them that we hadn't yet got down to the ground! After about 4 attempts, we finally got to the ground floor. It was actually quite amusing, but for anyone in a hurry it would have been very frustrating. Overall though, we loved our stay and wouldn't hesitate going back again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#8 of 11 in Tamworth
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!