“Amazing hotel for families!”

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Swindon, South Staffordshire
“Amazing hotel for families!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

What an amazing place to take your family!

We stayed at the hotel last night and also spent the entire day in the park. We stayed as a party of 7 (4Adults - 3Children) and must say from the moment we pulled into the car park to us leaving the car park today we were in no doubt that we were welcomed by all the staff!

Our rooms were spacious and very well thought out. The only thing I would suggest is for a hotel that focuses on children so much it would have been nice if steps could be provided in bathrooms so my girls could reach the sinks (or put a low wash basin in).

We dined in the main restaurant and found the portion sizes to be perfect. The meals were fairly priced and very tasty. The wine we ordered was delayed and once I had brought this to the attention of the manager it was very quickly sorted.

The level of service we received was fantastic. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and park. We will definitely be returning next year!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for the time you have taken to review our hotel. I am very happy that the service met your expectation. I have taken your comments regarding the sink height into consideration and will see if there is anything we can do to improve this area going forward. I look forward to welcoming you and the family back to our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Wales
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Left a review following new year trip. The hotel commented on my review inviting me to raise concerns with them. I have forwarded my previously unanswered emails to address provided and still no response. Very poor in my opinion. Staff at park are fantastic wish I could say the same for after sales.

• Stayed January 2013
Let me firstly apologise on behalf of the hotel for not responding to you sooner. I am not sure why this has been the case but I am more than happy to speak with you regarding any issues you may have had during your stay. Can I ask you send me an email at frontofficemgr@draytonmanorhotel.co.uk highlighting any issues you may have had, along with a contact telephone number for me to contact you on. I look forward to hearing from you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This, I think is the most pretentious establishment I have ever stayed in. I had bad vibes before we arrived and these proved to be justified. Granted this is advertised a family hotel, but it turned out to be a playground for noisy, screaming out of control kids, whose parents seemed to have no regard for the feelings of other guests - and this was in the brassiere at 9:00 in the evening. Even the staff were embarrassed when we complained, but did nothing to help. Breakfast was also a noisy event!

Food was terrible. The dishes we ordered soup and pate, battered fish, chicken and desserts demonstrated no cooking skills at all and were very poor value for money - barely warm. I was amused when I was asked if I would like a spoon for the soup!

Room was fairly comfortable but the window was stuck open - so heating would not work until the window was 'forced' shut. This is not cheap - - well over £120 for a room on executive floor for one night. Very poor for the price and what they pretend to be

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I am very sorry for the poor experience you had during your recent stay. I would ask you email me at frontofficemgr@draytonmanorhotel.co.uk so I can speak with you about the points you have raised in more detail. Thank you.
new milton
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is becoming a yearly family tradition and off we went to see Thomas for the 3rd year running and our 2nd year at the fabulous Drayton Manor Hotel.

Kids love the Thomas Themed Room, everything very efficient and of good quality and the value for money when you work out what is include is excellent.

Will be back next year

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013

I'm delighted to hear that you had another excellent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Shropshire
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As a treat I booked the Presidential Room for my partners birthday. Wow! What an impressive room- worth every penny. A HUGE comfortable bed, double shower, luxury toiletries, robes,etc
Included in the 'deal' was a day in the park and Zoo which was great and then re-entry to the firework display at night. The firework display was set to music and is the best I have ever seen, lasting a full 30 minutes.
The breakfast could not have had more choice- everything you can think of was available. Our visit ran totally smoothly which is so often not the case these days, the staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel is smart, clean and designed to impress.
We would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a 'couples' treat and book the Presidential room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your feedback with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We went to Drayton Manor for my sons 5th birthday, & stated at the hotel on site.

We were very impressed, the staff were polite & helpful.
The food was good, my children loved the train tables, it's a shame the hotel doesn't have a box of trains for children to play with on it though. Fortunately we always have cars, so the children used them.

The rooms are modern, & actually a bit bigger than I thought they would be. The only negative on the rooms was that my sons bed, which was a sofa bed; was so uncomfortable and lumpy. In fact in the morning he told me he his back hurt!

It was a nice surprise to learn that the hotel put on children's entertainment from 5-7. Both my children loved it!

We would definitely come back!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review.

I'm really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and I will share this with the team. Thank you for your feedback on the train sets and sofa bed. I'll look in to these issues and see if there's something we can do to improve our service in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in future.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked a night in a Thomas themed room with character breakfast & entry to the park (stay & play package) for my sons 4th birthday. The room was exactly as described - fantastic for a Thomas fan & the bathroom was large & very clean. The double bed mattress was uncomfortable but the kids slept well in the Thomas bunk bed. The character breakfast with the Fat Controller was really good, & the certificates & stickers were a nice touch. Thomas land itself was great - we had a fab day topped off by a fantastic firework display. Would def come back & do it again, even though it is a bit pricey to stay in the Thomas room, it was worth it to see the look on our sons face when we walked in!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and really glad that that your son enjoyed the Thomas themed room.

I'll look in to your feedback regarding the mattress in the room being uncomfortable and I apologise for this.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#8 of 11 in Tamworth
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!