“I Like it JUST did not like dust” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drayton Manor Hotel

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
London, United Kingdom
“I Like it JUST did not like dust”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Hotel is very close to the theme park very amazing when you have kids.
the staff was very friendly and the rooms was Fab the sofa bed was already out for my eldest son to sleep on. Beds was comfy and good selection of tv programmes. the kids liked the fun room and there also was a face painter.

the shower was AMAZING very powerful. i didnt enjoy breakfast the eggs tasted very terrible didnt even taste like egg and the dinner prices was so expensive but Mac D's was far so i had no option.. I woke up to find dust on my sons face from the headboard was not happy at all! room really needs a duster

had a fridge and lots of biscuit and tea in the room
overall i had a nice time there and at the Theme park.
My kids enjoyed the big park behind they had fun with Nature.

Room Tip: level one was quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I have informed our Housekeeping Manager of the dust in guest bedrooms and she has put this to the top of her job list. She has asked I apologise on her behalf for this downfall in the quality of your room. I am glad however to see the majority of your stay was trouble free and hope this small hiccup of ours would not deter you from returning in the future. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just returned from our weekend at Drayton manor, staying in one of the Thomas themed rooms. This is the 1st time I have written a review, and felt I had to give my experience if this hotel.
Arrival- the hotel Loby is full if Thomas parafinalia. We spent a good time in the Loby before we even went to the room. Check in was quick and efficient. Our son was given a Thomas welcome pack that had a DVD, book, pencils and colouring book and other craft items and a little pair of Thomas slippers.
Hotel- immaculate! Everywhere! Which is remarkably considering it's a child friendly hotel. There was no mess anywhere!
Staff-couldn't be friendlier. So helpful, my son wasn't feeling well on arrival and one of the staff went and found a wine bucket for us to take to the room "just in case"
The room- well all I can say is wow! Train tracks on the floor, scenery painted on the walls, brilliant. A Thomas bed with cuddle cushions and Thomas blanket. My son didn't want to get out. The beds were very comfy indeed, there was a huge flat screen tv for the main bed with all free view channels, a built in DVD player in each bunk bed. The room was very spacious. A seperate dressing area, a table and chairs, powerful hair dryer, iron and board and tea, coffee facilities and fridge.The bath room was roomy too! Double sink, deep bath and wonderfully smelling tolietries.
Food- we ordered room service, unfortunately the chips come undercooked but the chicken and burger was very nice. The chips were changed with no fuss at all.
-breakfast- we had the character breakfast with our room price which is hosted in a separate area to the dinning room. The breakfast menu was vast! Lots and lots of options, they even cooked a boiled egg and poached egg extra for us. Then the characters came in who spent time on each table, there was Thomas episodes playing on a big screen and the room was Thomas themed. The characters spent an hour with the children, enough time for photos with "the fat controller".
The hotel- there is no doing this is a Thomas themed hotel, every where you go there is Thomas. My son spent the whole time amazed by everything he saw. I was so impressed with the hotel I felt I had to write this review. We can't wait to go back again!
Only negative point was the price for snacks £2 for a small bottle of coke and £1 for a bar of chocolate, but my advice is just take your own and use the fridge in the rooms.
Well done Drayton manor on the wonderful hotel, you made our sons dreams come true.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am thrilled to see we are your first review, and for all the right reasons! I will definately be sharing your comments with our staff here at the hotel. Thank you for letting us contribute to making your sons dreams come true. Hopefully we can add to this experience with many visits in the future - who knows! Thank you for your review.
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in with family (2 adults and 2 children) after a visit to the Theme Park. Check in was fine although, staff didn't ask us to set up credit on room to pay for extras. This caused an issue later on.

We booked a Family Room on the ground floor which was clean and modern. Wifi is only provided for 30 mins complimentary then payment required. We felt this was poor. Hotel is generally ok but needs attention to detail on Service.

We made a reservation in the restaurant for 5.30pm but when we arrived, the booking wasn't in the diary. Luckily we could get a table. When we went to sign the bill to the room, we were unable to do so as the credit facility hadn't been set-up, so we had to retrieve our credit card from the room. The food and menu is good, although both starter and main course was just warm, certainly not hot, when it arrived. Prices are average for a UK hotel. For a 2 course meal for the kids, it's £7.50.

We asked at 4pm for the sofa bed to made up with bedding for the children. After dinner at 7pm, the bed was still not made up and the reception staff had to help, which disturbed our evening in the room.

Breakfast was good with lots of hot and cold choice. The Staff in the restaurant in both the evening and morning were very helpful.

There is a good little park area at the rear for children. This was a nice touch.

On the day we left, the room key expired at 10am despite the check-out time being 11am. This involved another 2 visits to reception to sort it all out. We asked why the time couldn't be amended and no clear answer was given.....(?)

We booked this via a 3rd party website as the direct prices from the hotel were at least £50 more. We felt the hotel probably trades well as it's got the Thomas and Friends theme and is near to the park. However, it lacks attention to detail in certain areas and we probably won't return. The children did enjoy their stay all things said.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MRDT
I am really sorry for the issues you had in your stay. I will be addressing the relevant areas with my team. Thank you for your feedback which will help us to improve for the future. Our wi-fi charges have now been changed accordingly to suit both pleasure and business needs.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely couldn't have asked for more. Modern, immaculate, perfect. Friendly staff, great breakfast. AMAZING price. We were very much Off-Peak so I wonder if this would be the same during Peak Season.
Great facilities for us and our toddler, without us asking they had made up a sofa bed AND a cot so he had the choice. Lovely bathroom, it was like we were the first people to ever use it!

Just brilliant, would definately go back and doubt we would be disappointed if we paid extra for the Thomas themed room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am positive you would experience the same level of service you recieved during your recent stay. I have passed your nice comments on to my manager who will circulate them to all departments to read. Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February as visiting friends in Tamworth, well placed hotel very good value , food and drinks are reasonable would come again, didn't go into the theme park but looks a great place for the family , hotel was spotlessly clean .
Breaksfast was good quality .

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your review. Hopefully next time you will be able to fit a day in the theme park into your plans! I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I brought our 2 children here , and booked the play and stay Thomas themed room . We had a fantastic time on the rides and then went back to our room . Our kids were thrilled and loved every minute of it :) the room was very spacious and fun to be in . Gonna book to stay again in May xx

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback. My team can not wait to welcome you back in a few months. See you soon!
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at Drayton Manor for our sons 3rd birthday the room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is great for little train fans. The staff always had a smile and were very approachable. All in all a wonderful family mini break.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
I am happy to see we helped make your son's birthday an enjoyable one. I hope we can join in this experience again over the coming years. Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#8 of 11 in Tamworth
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!