“Hell”

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On arrival I was 'greeted' by a miserable receptionist who couldnt answer alot of my questions and kept refering to a colleague in the office behind her and kept giggling which was very unprofessional! She then gave me my room.key which didnt work in the lift. I eventually got to my room which I was greeted to an awful eggy smell, after taking no more than a few foot into my room a shockingly came across womens dirty underwear in the corner of the room, I immediately called receptions but there was no answer.. After dropping my bags and making a run for it, I decided to go for dinner to take my mind off it. Walking passed reception and noone to be seen. I carried on into the restaurant where I was greeted by a young girl called kate, I told her about my ordeal in the bedroom and she just laughed with no apolig but said she will pass it onto management. I was then seates and ordered the most expensive and unfilling meal. I decided to go back to my room taking a bottle of decenylt wine and hit the hay.

The next say I went for a regrettable breakfast where to find a waitress dropping spaculars and then putting them back on the hot plate. The milk was warm and bread was dry. I then went to the bar asking for a hot chocolate which was made with left over frothed milk as I watched her make it.

What a rubbish hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I'm sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay.

I find some of the issues you've highlighted quite shocking and am quite confused as to why, when such blatant service standards have not been met this wasn't brought to our attention whilst you were our guest.

If you would like to discuss this issue with me then please contact me at the following address.

Kind regards,

Phil Brampton
01827 285 551
operationsmgr@draytonmanorhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here with our two grandsons on a visit to the theme park. Got an excellent price on the Internet prepaid with a days park tickets. Reception staff very friendly,helpful and informative. Room very clean ,warm with good view. Bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels etc. our request for extra cups was met within minutes. Breakfast was plentiful good quality and hot , it was busy with lots of children but not over noisy or chaotic at all. This has to be down to the staff who were very busy clearing tables,helping guests and also taking time to have chat etc. there was entertainment for younger children during the evening which I cannot comment on as our two are too old to enjoy it. They did however take advantage of the half an hours free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which may be a little noisy for those with younger,children
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We're pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with a 2 year old and a baby, fantastic hotel, staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was to much trouble
Themed rooms are well worth the upgrade my little boy loved it and the family room which we stayed in for the 2nd night also very comfortable. There was room for a sofa bed and travel cot.
Drinks and restaurant prices quite expensive but no more than any other 4 star hotel.
Would certainly stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014

We're pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and it's always great when our guests recommend us to friends and family so thank you for that.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in April 2014 for my son's second birthday. The hotel is really well equipped for kids, with a great outdoor play area, Thomas activities in the lobby and play tables in the restaurant. Our 2 year old son was in heaven! All of the restaurants have a great choice of kids meals and still have a delicious range for the parents as well. It is located right next to the entrance of Drayton Manor, so is great for an activity break.

The rooms were comfy and clean, with a sofa, TV, fridge and all the other usual amenities. The staff were really friendly, particularly Lesley Thomas in the restaurant, who was very kind and patient with the toddlers and went well above and beyond every time we saw her.

We were very impressed with this hotel and hope to come back to stay again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah R

I'll share your feedback with the team and thank you for mentioning Lesley, she will be delighted that you've mentioned her.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We check in with no problems, given one key when clearly needed 2. Rooms where ok but wouldn't pay the money if I am honest. Room was ok just didn't look clean, floor could have been hoovered, dirty mugs, dirty bath. Restaurant is ok but chairs are dirty, food ok, breakfast was lukewarm. We went to grill inn second night and was so impressed with staff, service food I wish more places were like that & nothing was a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014

I'd like to apologise for the shortfalls in service that you experienced during your recent stay. We take feedback very seriously and I'll discuss the cleanliness issues you've raised with the relevant managers in the hotel.

On a more positive note thank you for the feedback on the Grill restaurant, i'll be sure to share this with the team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Phil Brampton

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We booked as a treat to our son who is Thomas mad so there was no option but to book a thomas themed room so when we arrived it was to early to check in but we had theme park tickets included so we used them first. The theme park really is worth going to for any Thomas fan my little boy was tall enough for most rides and loved it. So after a day in the park we went to check in and as soon as you walk in there are characters and a carousel with Thomas and Percy. Check in was very quick and very friendly staff we was given a welcome pack for our son which was really good included some Thomas slippers a DVD and magazine and some other bits. So we got to our room and even we was impressed there was track on the carpet bunk beds with Thomas on the end including a DVD on each bunk the pictures on the wall were really good. Good size comfy beds. Then the character breakfast was worth it for our little boy he loved it even if we got evacuated half way through only complaint about breakfast was it wasn't very hot. We ate our evening meal at the grill inn that was very nice and staff was very friendly. All in all we had a memorable weekend for all the right reasons. We will be back

1  Thank Hodkin1986
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback - I hope you stay again with us very son,.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Ok, so just finished 'dinner'... £9.50 for starter scallops served cold... but very quickly....Smiling staff, all about seventeen.... Surrounded, even at 2130 by lots of children charging around the restaurant. Probably not a place to stay on business in school holidays!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LakesMB

I am sorry you found your business trip interrupted by noisy children. Being a theme park hotel, we encounter such issues during half-term period. I hope you can appreciate the hotel is not always as such and return in the future. Thank you for the time you have taken to review our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!