“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
herts
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here on business for one night I was dreading it being school holidays I thought it would be very noisy. There was lots of children staying but were very well behaved no loud noise. The room was great a very comfy bed a really good size. The bathroom was massive with heated towel rail. Thr room had a iron and board in it. I had my meal in the grill restaurant across the road I thought it was very expensive 18 pound for sirloin steak I'm glad my company was paying the breakfast was the best I've had the food was lush I ate at 06.30 it was very quite and the staff very friendly. The big let down was the drinks price I'm glad I only ordered a coke as it cost me 2 pound for half a pint or its 3.50 for a pint of coke I would like to bring my son hear for the park but would make sure I bring drinks with me and eat away from hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank far-to-hot
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I'll share your comments with the team.

We do continually review our pricing to ensure that we are competitively priced and I'm sorry that you found our pricing expensive.

Please look out for some of the great value offers we have on, including our new themed kids buffet which is very reasonably priced and i'm sure your son would really enjoy.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Phil Brampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited the hotel in September 2013, and were HUGELY impressed. It is immaculately clean everywhere and its modern décor makes it even more impressive! Reception staff were extremely friendly and checked us in quickly and efficiently. Couldn't fault it! The room was stunning even being just a standard room so I cannot begin to imagine what the suites are like! We ordered room service which was VERY yummy! and Breakfast had everything you needed from cooked breakfast to cereals. We got a great park and hotel deal, and despite the horrible weather, had a great time! Besides, having got muddy and wet in the theme park we were able to come and relax in style! Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grace Z

I really appreciate your positive feedback and i'll share your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Wragby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Drayton Manor Hotel as a late booking to use the park for 2 days. We booked the presidential suite and oh my god! What a fantastic room to stay in, actually room doesn't do it justice, it was an incredible space with the biggest and most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in, I even lost my 8 year old in there it was so big! Bathroom was huge and beautifully decorated, and had the feel of a top end hotel. The breakfast was excellent and they were able to supply really good quality gluten free bread for me. Staff were attentive and really friendly. We also loved the bonus play area out the back of the hotel. Can't wait to return!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debs-and-Evie

Great comments thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Presidential suite, we are very proud to have them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Having been to Thorpe park and Alton towers we thought we would try Drayton manor with our 13 year old daughter . Deal of room breakfast and park entry was excellent and so we booked. Hotel easy to find and reception great although the carousel must get annoying for the staff. Check really smooth all details correct. Room was clear and spacious for three adults expect a some bed as third bed but was a rollaway camp bed which was just big enough for our 13 year old daughter . The only down side was no pillows on third bed and no extra cups or amenities like tea coffee for a third person did remember towels. Duvet was a double folder into a single cover which was rather heavy and moved about in cover and meant daughter had to fight with it on regular basis.

Bar was nice and service really good prices not bad either. Was nice to be able to sit out on deck.

There was no menu's in the room but they did have a table with a member of staff taking bookings Menu was nice and we eat in restaurant. Did have a little trouble ordering as made a couple of choices only for waitress to come back and say kitchen had run out ( mid week and not busy) was a little annoying. Also staff little in experienced and forgot plates for shared starter.

Breakfast was good nice choice although hot buffet not maintained well and eggs were over cooked.

Overall though would recommend a stay here however it's not a place for non families as lots of kids.

The park was good although you get in at 9:30 as hotel guests and nothing opens till 10:30, and some of the rides were not open with no prior notice until you get into the park.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

We're pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my sons 2nd Birthday this weekend. Lovely hotel. Very pleasant staff, but was greeted to my sons "surprise" Thomas balloon cluster in our room when we arrived, instead of the requested time and dates - cue a very annoyed me! After visiting the theme park all day on the Sunday (my sons actual Birthday!!), and returning at 5.45pm to get my son bathed before we headed out for a Birthday meal, we found our room not cleaned by housekeeping nor any fresh towels!! Trying to ring reception was a nightmare! After the phone ringing for over 20minutes at a time, then being cut off, and trying this over 3 times, they soon found a very unhappy me in reception! The reception lady was very polite and wanted to offer me a bathroom in a room that was not occupied but housekeeping flatly refused and said someone was knocking on my door immediately. This didn't happen. It took them a further 20 minutes and thus made us too late to get ready for the meal and unable to bath my son. Even then, the floor was not hoovered, or the bath cleaned properly (I came back after the meal and did it myself!)... Food in hotel restaurant was lovely. Very expensive food though so you don't get lots (was plenty for us though!). The restaurant over the car park alongside the theme park, The Grill Inn, we visited twice during our stay. Lovely pleasant staff, lovely food, but just too slow at times. You would get half a job done at a time and wait 10 minutes for the rest of the job to be completed. Following reception at the hotel storing my sons Birthday cake and having strict instructions NOT to place cake in a fridge, and it also being written clearly on the box! We found ourselves being presented with a cracked cake (that had been refrigerated!!) at the meal!! Cue me getting very annoyed, as was an expensive specially handmade cake! Thomas themed breakfasts were fabulous for the children, my son loved it and was so excited to meet the Fat Controller. The Fat Controller and Pete play their parts superbly and are in character from 8am prompt until gone 7pm after kids club! Kids club was hectic to say the least but the all the children loved it. The food, the staff and the hotel was lovely, but just a bit too laid back and slow. Could easily be graded higher than a 4* if they improved on areas such as housekeeping, following simple task instructions and stepped it up a notch. Reception manager was extremely polite and helpful when checking out. Offered us free theme park tickets and a refund on part of our stay due to the annoyances that arose. All in all though, a stunning hotel, lovely pleasant helpful staff, polite and friendly welcoming staff on reception and a beautiful hotel. Thomas rooms topped our stay off beautifully. The welcome packs were fab and even down to the Thomas and James bubble baths in our room were a lovely extra touch! Would definitely stay again, but wouldn't be so trusting with handcrafted cakes and would bring extra towels so could do things at our own leisure instead of waiting hours for housekeeping!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

We're pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

I'd like to offer our apologies for the irritants you experienced. Whilst I appreciate the reception team dealt with your situation at the time, I will follow up your comments with the hotel management team.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

On arrival I was 'greeted' by a miserable receptionist who couldnt answer alot of my questions and kept refering to a colleague in the office behind her and kept giggling which was very unprofessional! She then gave me my room.key which didnt work in the lift. I eventually got to my room which I was greeted to an awful eggy smell, after taking no more than a few foot into my room a shockingly came across womens dirty underwear in the corner of the room, I immediately called receptions but there was no answer.. After dropping my bags and making a run for it, I decided to go for dinner to take my mind off it. Walking passed reception and noone to be seen. I carried on into the restaurant where I was greeted by a young girl called kate, I told her about my ordeal in the bedroom and she just laughed with no apolig but said she will pass it onto management. I was then seates and ordered the most expensive and unfilling meal. I decided to go back to my room taking a bottle of decenylt wine and hit the hay.

The next say I went for a regrettable breakfast where to find a waitress dropping spaculars and then putting them back on the hot plate. The milk was warm and bread was dry. I then went to the bar asking for a hot chocolate which was made with left over frothed milk as I watched her make it.

What a rubbish hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

I'm sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay.

I find some of the issues you've highlighted quite shocking and am quite confused as to why, when such blatant service standards have not been met this wasn't brought to our attention whilst you were our guest.

If you would like to discuss this issue with me then please contact me at the following address.

01827 285 551
operationsmgr@draytonmanorhotel.co.uk
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here with our two grandsons on a visit to the theme park. Got an excellent price on the Internet prepaid with a days park tickets. Reception staff very friendly,helpful and informative. Room very clean ,warm with good view. Bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels etc. our request for extra cups was met within minutes. Breakfast was plentiful good quality and hot , it was busy with lots of children but not over noisy or chaotic at all. This has to be down to the staff who were very busy clearing tables,helping guests and also taking time to have chat etc. there was entertainment for younger children during the evening which I cannot comment on as our two are too old to enjoy it. They did however take advantage of the half an hours free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which may be a little noisy for those with younger,children