“Very Deaf aware hotel and staff”

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
“Very Deaf aware hotel and staff”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for my sons 4th birthday and we had a great time.
My partner and I are both Deaf and the staff accommodated this brilliantly. They provided vibrating alarms in the room prior to check in, the tv in the room had subtitles and they have a loop system at reception.
Room was clean and comfy, the mattress in the sofa bed would have been too thin for an adult but for a child it was fine. My son had a good nights sleep.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would definatly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. You will be pleased to know we have ordered a new type of mattress for our sofa beds to make them extra comfy for future visits. I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately this will be our last stay in this hotel. When booking the room we had to tell a little fib about the age of our eldest, our interconnecting room (stay & play) cost £283 for 1 night, my eldest is nearly 17 & when putting in as an adult the price of the rooms rocketed to £425 for the night. Rang the hotel to be told an adult supplement is added! My teenager can't even book the room on her own, smoke, drink, vote or even learn to drive yet but can be charged an extra £140+ to get in the park, sleep in the bed & have breakfast! I was under the impression we were paying per room not per adult? I found staff to be uninterested whilst staying too, we had zero interaction with them & the nightly entertainment for kids is a joke 2 hrs that's it, why isn't is on all day especially in bad weather? Breakfast was shocking, everything tasted the same. Rooms are nothing special could get the same at a budget hotel probably half the price as well, considering 4 of us were in 1 room only 2 cups are provided. It looks great on the photos but it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I cannot comment in detail as to why the changes in rates we as they were, as I am unable to correspond your Trip Advisor review with your booking at our hotel. I will however speak with the team who structure all of our rates, to ensure any costings reflect fair value for money for our guests in the future. Thank you for your review which has identified areas we can improve for the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights with my family purely for the theme park. Hotel boasts of being 4 star. Unfortunately, it still has a long way to go until it can achieve it's 4 star status.

Our rooms had a lot of dust on the table and side cabinets.
The bin in the bathroom had soiled tissues from previous guests. Wifi was free for 30 minutes only, after that you incur charges.
Beds were made but just lacked that freshness.
Breakfast was appalling, even though it was inclusive in our package, the portion sizes were very small and we often had to get breakfast from the theme park as the hotel would be out of either croissants or pastries.

The only positive was that room service was very efficient and the lady taking my room service order was really nice and helpful.
Although their room service menu is limited and pricey.

I would stay here again purely for the sake of it being a stone throw away from the theme park.

Stayed April 2014
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Let me firstly apologise for the shortfalls in our service during your stay with us. Can I please ask you to email me personally at frontofficemgr@draytonmanorhotel.co.uk listing the issues you experienced throughout your stay.

Kind Regards,
Matt Loughrey
Front Office Manager, Drayton Manor Hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was a belated birthday present for my 5 year old son. We had a unreal time my son and daughter had a brilliant time. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The restaurant was brilliant staff were attentive and polite. Some of the best of food I have ever eaten in the many places I have eaten I would put this top 2 easy only beaten by a rick Stein restaurant.

The caractor breakfast we had because we were in a Thomas themed room was excellent, only let down the fat controller was not there. Good variety of food was on offer.

I would sum this break up as excellent, would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Godber27
The Fat Controller sends his apologies for the morning of your character breakfast. He was busy tending to important business in the land of Sodor. I am happy to see all other staff behaved themselves and contributed to an enjoyable stay for you and your family. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
Larkhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel in early April for our grandsons 5th birthday and to visit Thomas land.
My daughter and her family roomed on the first floor and my wife and I were allocated a room on the third floor.
The rooms were clean, spacious and well appointed with large bathrooms and good quality showers. The rooms had sufficient storage areas as well as safes, trouser presses and wall mounted TV's. Tea and coffee were available, although the small kettles provided were slow to bring to the boil.
The hotel itself is bright and welcoming, with friendly, helpful staff.
There is a large play area at the rear of the hotel and decking with seats and tables at which to relax.
On the first night we ate at the Grill Restaurant opposite the hotel and at the park entrance. The staff were friendly and the choice and quality of the food was very good, as was the service.
On the second night we ate in the hotel. Although the rest of my party were happy with their choices, I found the steak and ale pie rather 'peely wally' and undercooked. That said the rest of the meal was acceptable.
Our day at the park was really good and my grandson had a great time. We all did.
The only complaint in the whole trip were the uncomfortable mattresses on the beds. Both my wife and I, and mu daughter and her partner found sleep hard to come by.
All in all this is a great hotel for visiting the Park and if we were to do so again we would have no hesitation in choosing this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay. I am happy to see for the most part you enjoyed your time with us, though I will mention the bedding issue to our senior team as it can make or break a guest's stay. I do hope you will stop with us again should you visit Drayton Manor Park in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Brought our two young children here recently, and the service on reception put me off straight away, the girl didnt tell us anything, we were clueless after checking up, she was pleasant enough but just not really helpful. I dont feel like the hotel caters well enough for families. Me and my husband couldnt find anything on the menu we could consider eating for tea and it was very pricey, so we went to the grill inn across the car park, to be fair there was a great kids menu available at the hotel and the breakfast was excellent. The evening bar was small and there was nothing to do on a night time, we ended up going back
to our room at 7.30pm. Could not have stayed more than 1 night. The other carosel bar was closed due for a private function, annoying! The foyer in the hotel was freezing we had to sit in our coats whilst waiting for our room to be ready. The hotel was clean but i just didnt feel like it was good enough for families. Drayton manor was very good for the kids.

• Stayed April 2014
I am sorry that your welcome was not a warm one, both in terms of temperature and my staff. I will address both of these areas with my team. However I would like to think this is not usually the case. We take any negative feedback seriously and I will share the points you have raised with other managers in our hotel. Thank you for your review.
West Kirby, Wirral
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The first time my wife and I have managed to get anywhere since the birth of our youngest. We travelled with two other families and had a brilliant time. The hotel was great, clean and fresh rooms, not massive but more than adequate. Good shower and bath, massive TV for keeping the kids entertained in the morning too. Reception were amazing (one lady in particular) in getting us a different room for our co-sleeping kids so we had a bit more space with a sofa bed, despite it being Easter weekend and fully booked. Sofa bed wasn't great, but acceptable.

Unbeatable value with 3 park tickets and an overnight stay with a really nice breakfast for £120 (approx) - even accommodated all 11 of us for dinner together (we booked dinner in advance, but breakfast they sorted too).

Only qualm was staff at dinner were forgetful - one started our drinks order and just walked off in the middle of it :/ - breakfast too, asked how many coffees and teas we wanted - walked off and returned with them after we'd finished. That's rubbish and needs addressing.

Park was great for the kids (4yrs) Thomas Land, loads of fun. Deffo go back!

Room Tip: You can make dinner reservations in advance, for no cost and the food is pretty good :)