“Pretty good stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Pretty good stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here as my son is Thomas mad and it was very convenient for Drayton Manor. Check in wasn't great, we were asked to pay before we checked in which i had never been asked to do before anywhere and i didn't like, especially as they had my card details to secure the room to start with. We stayed in a presidential room which was great and i really recommend. The bed was huge and had it not been for my baby being restless i'm sure we would have had a fabulous nights sleep. The characters around the hotel were great and my son loved. The breakfast was average, eggs very rubbery and the cooked breakfast was not great. They were fully booked the night we stopped though so i imagine catering for that many people isn't easy. Overall though we had a nice stay and loved Thomasland so i'm sure we will return in the future.

Room Tip: We were in room 344, very quiet and gorgeous room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Our check-in process involves our guests paying for their room in full at check-in stage via card or cash. If you want to settle your bill at the end of your stay you are welcome to leave a credit card open, but we do still authorise for the amount plus an additional £50.00 if you leave your card open. I hope this helps should you stay again in future which I hope you do. I am happy to see you enjoyed our Presidential room. They are special. I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Been to Drayton Manor a few times now and looking forward to returning again this October. 1st time we were just b&b but dont make this mistake. For the little extra you pay for DBB I would highly recommend for the plain and simple reason that the food is of a great standard and a good selection. The hotel has a really nice modern feel and all the staff make you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback following your stay here at Drayton Manor Hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and I do hope you are looking to come back again soon!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stopped at this hotel for 2 nights, it is the worst hotel i have ever stopped at.
The only positive i can say about the stay is that the presidential suite i stopped in was a nice and warm room to stop in.

The problem with this hotel is that the staff can't work under pressure as i was waiting longs periods of time for my food.

I ordered a steak, i asked for it to be cooked very well done and when it came there was blood still coming out of the steak and the food was very cold.

I manage to get all my money back has the food was uneatable.

I then went over to the other restaurant on the resort to eat and guess what the same happened again... The steak was cold when it came out and it was full of blood.

The only thing that was right with the food order was the starters.

By the end of the night i ended up ordering a pizza from dominoes which was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tarek127
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I will inform the Grill Inn Manager of the poor food quality you experienced to ensure this does not happen again. I am glad you liked our Presidential room and will take your feedback to our management team to address with their teams. Thank you for your review.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a one night stay, with two grandchildren.
The hotel is lovely, very bright, bedroom was very clean with all the expected amenities of a 4* hotel.
The breakfast buffet was great plenty if hot & cold choices, with attentive staff & refilled tea & coffee.
The only slight downside was the service in the restaurant for the evening meal. Three of us had the outdoor BBQ, which was brilliant, but my grandson had to wait more than 30 minutes for his chicken nuggets to be served, even when we had asked a further 2 times. The staff on reception were very helpful & the goodie bags given to the children on check-in were a nice touch.
We will go back, but maybe will try somewhere else to have our evening meal!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am happy to see my reception staff were helpful and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will take up the long wait on chicken nuggets with our restaurant manager though to avoid guests having to wait extended times in the future. Thank you for your comments and hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel soon!
Cumbria
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night excellent check in and fab rooms, staff all smart and very good service, breakfast hot and plenty of it, good play area for children. Excellent if going to Theme park. Did not eat there but the food looked nice and a lot of people eating

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. I hope you can return to the hotel again in the not-too-distant future.
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night in a presidential room.

Very impressed with the room, which was spotlessly clean, well appointed and one of the largest hotel rooms we've stayed in. Bed was very comfortable, and bathroom was huge, though the sinks were more form than function, being much too shallow to stop even a gentle flow of water from the taps from splashing around them.

I would point out, that we felt that the room is actually better than the hotel website's photos show.

It's a shame that the hotel's health and safety policy renders the balcony a waste of space, as the doors to it are permanently locked. Perhaps they could ask guests to sign a disclaimer in exchange for access.

During our stay, we experienced a number of issues.

Firstly, there was a wedding party taking place at the hotel. It seems that the presidential rooms are very close to a function room, as we could clearly hear the music from the party until around 1am. This was loud enough to prevent sleep, especially for our 4 year old. The noise was reported twice during the night, but was only turned briefly on each occasion.

The service at the bar was appalling. I ordered a room service meal (which was excellent) and went to the bar to get a drink whilst waiting. In spite of there being several bar staff milling around, it took almost 30 minutes to be served, and I was the only customer served at the bar during this time. I got back to my room just in time for food to be delivered.

Lastly, the extra bed installed in our room had not been setup correctly. This meant that when our 4 year old sat on it, it collapsed, as the supporting legs had not been folded into place.

All of the issues were raised with the duty manager in the morning, and they were dealt with in a fair and professional manner.

I have given this hotel a score of 4, based on the quality of the room and convenience for access to Drayton Manor Theme Park, rather than for the level of service provided during our stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RJThorne
I see you experienced a few issues during your stay but I am happy to see these were dealt with by one of our Duty Managers. I am sorry for the inconvenience these may have caused. Your suggestion regarding our balcony's is a very good one so I will try and get this implemented if possible. Thank you for taking time to tell us of your stay.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We loved this place! We had a standard room, not a themed one but it was fantastic, air conditioned, clean, comfortable with a sofabed for my son. We took a 2 day pass for Drayton Manor Theme Park which we just collected from reception. We've been to the park before but not stayed in this hotel. We will stay here again. It's a great base for visiting the park and seeing some of Tamworth. Breakfast is continental and cooked buffet and the staff were very helpful even in the chaotic kiddie filled restaurant. There was a BBQ in the evening as well as the usual restaurant menu and kids entertainment while we ate. There's also a play park for the kids just outside the hotel, we could see it from our room window. There is plenty parking for the hotel. Interestingly the noise from the park was minimal while at the hotel. I expected to hear more screaming adrenaline junkies but it was great.

1 Thank Katrina2121
Our hotel is located just far enough away from the theme park that it is hard to hear any screams from our action packed rides! I am happy to see you all had a good time at the hotel and the entertainment we have to offer. I hope you get the opportunity to return to the hotel again sometime soon. Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!