“Brilliant night stay!”

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We got to the hotel early as we wanted to check out the place, we were pleasantly surprised! The staff on reception were great Cara helped us check in and talked us through the food package she was a big help. There was entertainment on the evening from 5-7pm for the children in which they could have face painted, play games and play with bubbles (our 3 year old loved it). There is also quite a big play area for childrne out the back of the hotel!
We also purchased a childrens welcome pack which was a Thomas DVD, Toothbrush, Bubble Bath and some colouring books so good value.
Our room was spotless! The beds were a bit thin on the mattress side but we slept and thats the man thing!
2 minutes (if that) from the park entrance.
Breakfast was amazing!
We were really happy with our stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank siobhan m
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Drayton Manor Hotel. I am happy to see you all enjoyed your time and hopefully we will see you again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked 2 interconnecting rooms for 2 nights. The cost was on par for what I expect to pay for a 4 star family suite.The rooms are spacious. Full air con. Freeview. The beds were uncomfortable. The rooms were reasonably clean but there was a previous guests deodorant under the bed and the hotel feedback forms hadn't been changed so were already completed, it always makes you wonder what other corners were cut when the room was cleaned.
It's very noisy, lot's of running up and down the corridors and shouting from other guests and their children. We were on the ground floor facing the bar's outdoor seating and kid's playground and as there were no net curtains you have to keep the curtains shut if you want privacy.
They charge for wifi which considering the cost suprised me...I don't usually have to pay for wi-fi.
The breakfast was good. A buffet with a good selection of hot and cold food.
It's overpriced for the quality of hotel you get. Usually for the price tag I paid here I would expect a nicer room that wasn't reminescent of a motel, free wifi, proper cleaning and better book in facilities.
What you pay for is the 2 minute walk to the theme park entrance which was a saving grace.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank enceladous

I am sorry to see you had a few housekeeping issues throughout your stay. I will inform our Housekeeping Manager so they can address this with their team. Thank you for your feedback through which we can improve areas in our service for the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on our return from Alton Towers. Drayton Manor Hotel is of a very high quality. The rooms are stylish and the bed was really comfortable, something which couldn't be said for our previous bed!
The restaurant food was very, very good and a much needed change from chips and deep fried items. We had lamb and pork which were both delicious. The hotel was trialling a children's buffet option whilst we stayed and this was perfect for our fussy daughter although she could have done with going up more than once.
The hotel provided two hours of children's entertainment which our daughter loved.
The atmosphere, although full of families, was relaxing and just what we needed after a long day at the theme park.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy you feel we are of high quality. This is what we are trying to achieve every day so it is good to see this being recognised. I hope you are able to visit us again in future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

booked into family room sofa bed not suitable for older children. Went to reception who changed rooms for us to 2 double and this made our night stay much more enjoyable. We loved the theme park then ate in the grill which wasn't a very pleasant experience food terrible service terrible.money reimbursed.

Room Tip: beware sofa beds very small not suitable for 10 yr and 8 yr to share
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to see you had an enjoyable time with us for the most part but I will let the Grill Manager know of improvements that could be made. Next time you stay you could try our Parklands Restaurant within the hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My family stayed for 2 nights in a Thomas themed room. The reaction on my 2 year olds face was worth all the expense. This aside the hotel has a bit of an identity crisis. Our room was ok size but a double bed , bunk beds and a cot made the room snug. The bathroom/ wet room was almost the same size as the rest of the room. The hotel is 4 star and has added touches of luxury- room service, safe, iron and ironing board. The staff all extremely smart but unfortunalty the service does not match the shiny exterior. Most staff are not very knowledgeable, we was given incorrect info more than once by different staff. Check in was painfully slow, especially when you have excited children "wowing" every few seconds. Don't eat in the restaurants as 1 left us waiting 10 minutes for a high chair- forgot us so we walked out the other the chef was unable to cook a steak on 2 occasions so we had to have burgers instead. Breakfast poor selection , mass produced and over cooked. Staff very smart and nice though. All this aside my 3 children and hubby loved the theme park and we would return but probably stay nearby instead of here

Stayed: August 2014

I am sorry to see your check-in experienced did not get you off to a good start when you stayed with us recently. This is usually one of our strongest areas so I am disappointed this did not meet your expectations as well as other areas. The areas you have highlighted are usually high points for many of our guests and with this in mind, I would encourage you to come back to the hotel instead of staying elsewhere. If you do stay again please let one of our team know of your last stay so we can make sure everything is perfect for you and your family. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here as my son is Thomas mad and it was very convenient for Drayton Manor. Check in wasn't great, we were asked to pay before we checked in which i had never been asked to do before anywhere and i didn't like, especially as they had my card details to secure the room to start with. We stayed in a presidential room which was great and i really recommend. The bed was huge and had it not been for my baby being restless i'm sure we would have had a fabulous nights sleep. The characters around the hotel were great and my son loved. The breakfast was average, eggs very rubbery and the cooked breakfast was not great. They were fully booked the night we stopped though so i imagine catering for that many people isn't easy. Overall though we had a nice stay and loved Thomasland so i'm sure we will return in the future.

Room Tip: We were in room 344, very quiet and gorgeous room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Our check-in process involves our guests paying for their room in full at check-in stage via card or cash. If you want to settle your bill at the end of your stay you are welcome to leave a credit card open, but we do still authorise for the amount plus an additional £50.00 if you leave your card open. I hope this helps should you stay again in future which I hope you do. I am happy to see you enjoyed our Presidential room. They are special. I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Been to Drayton Manor a few times now and looking forward to returning again this October. 1st time we were just b&b but dont make this mistake. For the little extra you pay for DBB I would highly recommend for the plain and simple reason that the food is of a great standard and a good selection. The hotel has a really nice modern feel and all the staff make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback following your stay here at Drayton Manor Hotel. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and I do hope you are looking to come back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!