“Stay and play”

Drayton Manor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We had a fantasic stay at drayton manor hotel. The room was lovely, the staff were very helpfull, the meal at the grill was great and reasonably priced and breakfast was lovely too. Defo going back next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine K
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

I am happy to see you had a good time at our hotel and Grill Inn restaurant. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a standard room with three beds. All was very clean and comfy. Had two great nights sleep in our room.

Visited drayton manor theme park on our arrival day. Our cases were stored in a locked room for us until our room was ready. Check in was smooth and easy (only criticism is the lady who checked us in was a bit miserable and bearing in mind this is designed to be child themed I was quite surprised at her attitude!).

My son LOVED the entertainment between 5 and 7pm. He is 5 and was off busy and smiling for the full two hours whilst we sat on a terrace in the sun watching him with a drink or two! We then enjoyed dinner in the restaurant there on both nights. All the food was good (inc a BBQ buffet).

This is a lovely hotel to stay at if visiting drayton or Alton towers and is comfortable, clean and well air conditioned. I'd definitely recommend staying and would consider staying again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank chev40

I am sorry to see one of my staff was a bit moody at check-in. This is very out of character for any of my team so will try to address this immediately. I am happy to see your little one enjoy the entertainment that was provided. I will let the entertainment team know and I am sure they will be happy. It is good to see you would stay again and our staff are looking forward to welcoming you back next time. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If I could have given a zero for my rating I would of I really don't know where this hotel has gets its 4 stars. My list of complains is to much to list on here. One of my main problems is housekeeping or lack of the beds have no mattress covers which for me is a must you think about all the bodies that have previously sleep on the beds. Head of housekeeping did come up but was extremely rude they couldn't put covers on both beds because they only had one so the had to double sheet. the dust in the rooms was thick in places. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly the sheets had holes in them. We also had problems with dinning in the Grill ( although food was o.k.) Breakfast the next morning was awful our tea cups were dirty, we was asked if we wanted Tea or Coffee, which was brought to us slammed down on the table with no milk or tea spoons and breakfast its self I recommend you to stay to the cereal and toast and you might be alright. Don't ask to speak to a manager as the hotel doesn't. have one.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel.
2  Thank Willsy4

I am really sorry to see you had these issues during your stay. We always have a dedicated Duty Manager on site which, is issues such as these were bought to their attention, would have been happy to speak with you at any time. Thank you for your feedback through which we can address areas for improvement for the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

new hotel 2 minutes away from theme park. Very child friendly. Fast efficient check in with an entertainer to amuse the children while waiting, even though there was a queue we were seen to very quickly. Absolutely wonderful customer service from reception staff and, as we found ,from all the staff in the Hotel.
we had a standard room which was clean and fairly spacious . We had a fold away bed for our 6 year old but there was still plenty of room. Good sized bathroom. The beds were comfortable. The blackout curtains were great .
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good with a children's buffet offering a good selection of foods and not just chicken nuggets. I found the food of a good quality and quite reasonably priced for a hotel. The waiting staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful which could not have been easy at times as it was a busy service with lots of over excited children to cope with, yet not once did I see a smile slip. It was the same during the breakfast service the following morning which made me wonder how the staff managed to be so very cheerful at that early hour.
Unfortunately the fire alarm went off just before midnight. Luckily it was a false alarm. The situation was handled very efficiently and we were all back in our rooms as soon as possible. There was a letter of apology from the Manager under our door the next morning but it was beyond his control, I would have been more worried if the alarm had sounded and nobody bothered.
I commend Drayton manor Hotel as the best child friendly Hotel I have stayed in and certainly the best Staff. I think some other Hotels could do with adopting this Hotels customer Service attitude as really it can make or break a stay. well done Drayton Manor Hotel, we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Philip B, Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will certainly share your positive feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back to drayton manor hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Phil Brampton

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We got to the hotel early as we wanted to check out the place, we were pleasantly surprised! The staff on reception were great Cara helped us check in and talked us through the food package she was a big help. There was entertainment on the evening from 5-7pm for the children in which they could have face painted, play games and play with bubbles (our 3 year old loved it). There is also quite a big play area for childrne out the back of the hotel!
We also purchased a childrens welcome pack which was a Thomas DVD, Toothbrush, Bubble Bath and some colouring books so good value.
Our room was spotless! The beds were a bit thin on the mattress side but we slept and thats the man thing!
2 minutes (if that) from the park entrance.
Breakfast was amazing!
We were really happy with our stay!

2  Thank siobhan m
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Drayton Manor Hotel. I am happy to see you all enjoyed your time and hopefully we will see you again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked 2 interconnecting rooms for 2 nights. The cost was on par for what I expect to pay for a 4 star family suite.The rooms are spacious. Full air con. Freeview. The beds were uncomfortable. The rooms were reasonably clean but there was a previous guests deodorant under the bed and the hotel feedback forms hadn't been changed so were already completed, it always makes you wonder what other corners were cut when the room was cleaned.
It's very noisy, lot's of running up and down the corridors and shouting from other guests and their children. We were on the ground floor facing the bar's outdoor seating and kid's playground and as there were no net curtains you have to keep the curtains shut if you want privacy.
They charge for wifi which considering the cost suprised me...I don't usually have to pay for wi-fi.
The breakfast was good. A buffet with a good selection of hot and cold food.
It's overpriced for the quality of hotel you get. Usually for the price tag I paid here I would expect a nicer room that wasn't reminescent of a motel, free wifi, proper cleaning and better book in facilities.
What you pay for is the 2 minute walk to the theme park entrance which was a saving grace.

2  Thank enceladous

I am sorry to see you had a few housekeeping issues throughout your stay. I will inform our Housekeeping Manager so they can address this with their team. Thank you for your feedback through which we can improve areas in our service for the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on our return from Alton Towers. Drayton Manor Hotel is of a very high quality. The rooms are stylish and the bed was really comfortable, something which couldn't be said for our previous bed!
The restaurant food was very, very good and a much needed change from chips and deep fried items. We had lamb and pork which were both delicious. The hotel was trialling a children's buffet option whilst we stayed and this was perfect for our fussy daughter although she could have done with going up more than once.
The hotel provided two hours of children's entertainment which our daughter loved.
The atmosphere, although full of families, was relaxing and just what we needed after a long day at the theme park.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Elizabeth M

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy you feel we are of high quality. This is what we are trying to achieve every day so it is good to see this being recognised. I hope you are able to visit us again in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Tamworth
Holiday Inn Express Lichfield
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!