Drayton Manor Hotel
Plough & Harrow(Tamworth)
US$97
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Tamworth Central(Tamworth)(Great Value!)
US$52
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Gungate(Tamworth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,817 results
All reviewsthomas themed roomthe grillfat controllercharacter breakfasttheme parkpark ticketsthomas landmy sonstay and play packagethemed roomswelcome packpresidential suitetrain tablesthomas fanschildren's entertainmentbunk bedshotel restaurant
997 - 1,002 of 1,817 reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2014

we recently stayed at drayton manor as a treat for our four year old. We stayed in a thomas themed room which he loved. The room was lovely and it was clean, brilliantly done for kids! The staff at the desk were lovely and because we had a very early start due to travelling the hotel let us check in an hour before we were due to. The breakfast the next day was also thomas themed so we were taken into a seperate room which made it feel special, with a big screen showing thomas the tank dvd, i thought it was brilliant! The only bad point is phone reception/wifi...paying £242 for one night i feel that wifi should be readily available as it is nearly everywhere now.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

I am happy to see my reception staff were able to get you into your room before schedule after an early start. It is nice to see you enjoyed your character breakfast and I hope you get chance to experience it again in the near future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Loved this hotel were fab with the kids and had rooms for all our family close to each other. Lovely park and evening entertainment.

Only negative was the breakfast, (morning with Thomas was great) - ordinary breakfast was like an afterthought and didnt liek myt screaming toddler.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry the standard breakfast was not what you expected but I am happy to see your family were all allocated rooms in close proximity. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night ,with a 20% off and park tickets for the family ..
I'm used to staying in 4star and 5star hotels ...
Room service was perfect ,staff efficient and polite
No complaints at all ...
Ok it's not the Dorchester but for the money it's superb ..
Highly recommended for a family trip away ...

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Xstore

With our stay and play rates you can get some really good deals so I am glad you made the most of that opportunity. I will circulate your feedback to our staff who I am sure will be happy. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel rooms nice, handy for the park & helpful bar staff. However a massive wait at breakfast time for simple things like mushrooms & fried eggs. Dissatisfaction expressed to be met with no apology & actually quite rude staff. Food ok once it was cooked but it meant that none of us got to eat breakfast together.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank HayleyCole

I am extremely sorry you were met by rude staff and the food took a while to arrive. I will pass this feedback on to our restaurant manager for him to take up with his team. Otherwise I hope you enjoyed your stay and would consider us for a future visit. Thank you for taking time to review your stay.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just returned from this hotel with hubby and 2 children. Very disappointed!! On arrival, queue for check-in was ridiculous and the whole process very long winded which was the main problem. Have stayed in many hotels before and check in has never taken this long. I had even checked in on line prior to arrival ... Pointless!!! I had booked a family room with one double and a sofa bed for 2 children. The room actually had a double and a single camp bed, no sofa in sight. Returned to reception to inform them and was told I was wrong. After some insistence I was told 'maintenance' would come and look. 45 mins later no sign of anyone, had to go back to reception where i was told they're on the way. 20 mins later duty manager came and looked surprised and said didn't know how that bed had got there, should be a sofa bed, which she would sort out. We went out to play area with children and to our surprise came back to find another camp bed in room!! No sofa bed!! A camp bed with metal frame which my son really banged side of head and ear on and was very distraught!!! All of this is not good enough when you pay £186 for 1nights stay, you at least expect the room you've paid for!!! Add to this the chaotic breakfast scenario and whole thing a let down. We found all of the staff most miserable and quite rude!! We had in fact stayed at the Premier Inn in Stoke the 2 nights before and I have to say everything about it was excellent and even the children preferred it!!! Half the price aswell!!!

2  Thank libbyjosh

I am sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. Check-in is usually very good so I am disappointed to see this was not to standard and will be re-visiting this with my team. I am also unhappy to see our Duty Manager did not do more to resolve this when you were at the hotel. You have bought to our attention many areas to investigate in order for us to improve the service we offer so thank you for your feedback.