“Change the management for more customers”
Review of Wolferstan Arms

Wolferstan Arms
Ranked #56 of 168 Restaurants in Tamworth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Short version - nice pub, very poor management

I have eaten at this pub for many years. The food I've always found to be good, especially with the 2 for 1 deal making it affordable. The waiting staff have always been friendly and polite, but this is where the experience goes drastically down hill. You have to wait a long time from placing meal orders when the pub is busy, staff are not able to answer questions as they appear to be lied to by the kitchen/management. The swearing at staff by the manager can be heard from the kitchen (he's no Gordon Ramsey). The manager does not appear to be able to deal with stress when the pub is busy and his manner with customers is truly unacceptable. On my last visit I witnessed very poor customer service from the manager with a party of around 10 customers who had been waiting over 2 hours (like a lot of the other customers that evening), because of the managers attitude the situation escalated to the point the police were called!!

I would like to visit this pub again, but not until the present manager/bully has been replaced with a competent pub manager.

2  Thank Mark H

Reviewed 14 June 2014

As we are local and have been here many times, we know it can be busy so we went at half five on a Wednesday night, we got a table although half the tables had reserved on it was almost empty and as we needed to be pick our grandson up at 7 we thought we would be ok, we had to find our own table as there was no one around and we ordered and paid at the bar as no one came to take our order, our meal came at ten to seven an hour and twenty minutes and it wasn't even worth the wait, when we asked why it had taken so long they said it was due to the change over of chef........ a restaurant this size that shouldn't make a difference, wont be going again as we keep making excuses for them as its so close to home. Other people were waiting over an hour when we left.

1  Thank Polly023
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good value for money as it was buy one get one free. However, the service was really slow, and after a wait of one hour I told them I wanted my money back, having paid on ordering. The meals arrived five minutes later. A very large party (19 I think) were complaining loud and long to anyone who would listen and were refusing to pay. They did appear to get a substantial reduction. The waiting staff were very apologetic and no blame could be attached to them. The problems seemed to be in the kitchen. Either it isn't big enough or there are insufficient staff to cope with the orders. I regret I will not dine there again.

3  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife, myself and our two granddaughters had lunch at the "nob" today as a birthday treat for the eldest granddaughter. The food was grand,the service excellent and the bill was not enormous,we enjoyed our repast.We have been many times before and will go back again before so long. keep up the good work.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

came a few years ago to this restaurant and wasn't happy how we were treated.Decided to try again with the grandchildren but sorry to say things have'nt changed.They welcome you when you arrive but has soon as you have been served [which could be anything from 3/4 to 1hour wait] they can't wait to get you out. They continually come to the table to take away plates glasses etc.My grandson had'nt finished his dinner and they were taking his plate away NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER Will not be returning

2  Thank northernbird1945