“The Castle Hotel made our wedding special”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The Castle Hotel made our wedding special”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We recently got married at the Castle Hotel on the 15th September in the Wedgewood Suite. Nikki who was the co-ordinator was brilliant throughout and was always willing to help in any way necessary. The room was amazing we had the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening party in the same room although once they moved everything round you wouldn't think you was in the same room it looked perfect. The food was lovely and so was the buffet. The staff was really friendly and Phil the MC was really professional and made things run smoothly. The bridal suite was also lovely more like a small flat if anything and my wife also mentioned the bed was really comfy which is a rarity in hotels. We also had breakfast in the morning which was also nice. The wedding package was also very competitive and worth every penny and had our perfect day. Would I recommend anyone getting married at this hotel? Most definitely Dean & Amy Harper.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DHarper81
nikki2404, General Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you Dean and Amy for your review it is much appreciated, I am pleased you had a great time and I hope we have the pleasure of looking after you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Birmingham
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Wow! We looked round the hotel back in January 2012 and fell in love with the Tudor Suite. We were amazed at the price of the amazing wedding package and booked up for Sept 20th 2013. I didn't leave Nikki alone with so many plans, requests and questions and I was given answers quickly and my ideas were honoured too! We had attended the Santa's Sunday lunch last christmas (highly recommend) and was very impressed with the food and service we received. We also attended a "mock up" wedding in March which was fab as it showed us how our day would run. We upgraded our wedding meal (and it was still a bragin) for our big day and knew it would be lovely due to having had the basic meal in the March. About 25 of us stayed the night before the wedding and I was able to dress my tables exactly how I wanted. We had a brilliant night in the Vodka Bar - drinking, singing and dancing and everyone said how comfortable they had all felt and what a laugh they'd had! We'd been let down by our wedding decor company (they just didn't show up) and Nikki and the team made arrangements for chair covers, sashes popcorn machine and candy buffet to be sorted last minute!! The breakfasts were good quality and the restaraunt very quaint. The wedding was superb! Nikki, Tim and everyone that were involved with our wedding were professional, caring and friendly. The food was superb (plenty of people came to tell me this whilst I was still on the top table) and all requirements were met with no issues. Rooms were extremely clean and comfortable too. The whole experience was amazing and we can highly recommend The Castle Hotel for any functions you may be thinking of having. We will see you at christmas for the Santa's Sunday Lunch. Thank you for everything you done and giving us a perfect day, regards Jade & Andrew Caddick

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jadelouisejarvis
Thank you Jade & Andrew, it was a pleasure looking after you all. Although you had the few stress elements with the outside contractors we pulled together and I hope you get the outcome with them that you deserve. Hopefully I'll see you at one of the festive meals this Christmas and we can have a catch up, it'll be good to see you again. Thank you
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We got married at the Castle Hotel on Friday 6 September 2013, after looking at various other venues this was the only one that suited our budget for the numbers we wanted. The amazing wedding package seemed outstanding value & in all honestly I had reservations thinking it all seems to good to be true but how wrong could I have been. After first meeting Nicky the wedding coordinator she put us completely at ease & went through everything in fine detail. I mentioned to Nicki my concerns about the rooms due to mixed feedback on trip advisor, Nicki was them kind enough to let us view some of the rooms including the bridal suite rooms of which I was also pleasantly surprised, they were all clean & tidy, some a bit dated but were fine. Our bridal suite (room 8) was lovely. On the day we had 90 daytime guests & 180 evening guests in the Tudor suite (wooden) we can not fault anything, the organisation, wedding breakfast & buffet (especially soup starter) was delicious & drinks were reasonable. Kian our master of ceremonies was absolutely brilliant & everything ran like clockwork. Everyone commented what a wonderful day they had & that was thanks to the organisation & professionalism of all the staff. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this as a wedding venue. A huge thanks to everyone, Mr & Mrs Smith.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Ksmith1982
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments it is very much appreciated.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your special day and it was a pleasure looking after you all and I hope we have the pleasure in looking after you again.
For anyone else we are always happy to help and if you ever have any concerns like Mr & Mrs Smith had with what they have read please let us know and we'd be happy to help.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had the pleasure of attending our sons wedding at the castle hotel and a fantastic time was had by all.
The whole weekend was a complete success and the very hard working staff at the castle hotel were a very big part of this.... So a very big thank you and well done to all the staff!

Our room for the weekend was in the brewery house annex across the road, the room was very clean although the decor was a little tired but that's just attempting to find something to criticise as way of offering a balanced view.
Housekeeping was very good at keeping the room very clean and tidy and the tea and coffee tray topped up, the breakfast was always delicious and plentiful and the staff very polite and helpful.
Our son and his new wife were very well looked after and the staff went the extra mile to make sure their special day was indeed a very special day.
We will be returning to the castle hotel again as we would like to see more of Tamworth

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Enigmaman15
nikki2404, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are glad your son’s big day was every bit as special as it should have been. It was a pleasure looking after all the family and we look forward to seeing you when you return to Tamworth.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Me and my husband got married here aug 10th. Couldn't fault a thing! Staff were very helpful and friendly. Especially Cian who made our day perfect for us. Room linen could be a bit better but apart from that would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kimwes
Thank you Kim & Simon for your review, Cian and his team are grateful for your comments. We hope you are enjoying married life and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I got married here 17/8/13
And the whole day was perfect! I can't fault a thing!.. All staff work were really nice and nothing was to much to ask, our room was very nice, and clean,.. And our breakfast was nice too!
I highly recommend anybody getting married here, the whole day was stress free so that we could enjoy it!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you Laura & Ben for your review. We are glad that your special day was everything you hoped it would be and we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Castle Hotel was where we had our wedding reception.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful on the day, they left me with nothing to worry about at all.

The food was more than enough for all of our guests, we had both a sit down meal and an evening buffet.

The cake which was included and I was initially dubious about, was excellent and again plenty for all of our guests.

The dance floor was extended for us without any issues at all.

All of the staff were efficient and polite and I can't thank them enough for their professionalism.

Room Tip: We had the bridal suite so this was chosen for us and I can't comment on other rooms