“made me happy and relaxed April 2013”

Drayton Court Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“made me happy and relaxed April 2013”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stay in Hotels each and every week in the U.K and often dont remember one from another just part of my working week . I loved this Hotel Warm and Friendly I felt at home relaxed and welcome Kate and Her team Did me and my wife proud ! A big thanks for Making our stay one we enjoyed this lovely Hotel is full of charm and well worth a visit. Home cooking and friendly staff a rare treat. Thank you very much Roy Kingsley (Community Network)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roy K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We chose to stay at Drayton Court Hotel as I wanted something a bit more small, friendly and individual than any of the big hotels around the area of my wedding at Middleton Hall in early March 2013. I have to stay I am 100% happy we made the right choice.

From the initial meeting to discuss our requirements they couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, it was an easy process to hold a number of rooms in my name whilst our guests decided if and when to book, a few hiccups in a couple of our guests bookings were very quickly sorted out and everything else went smoothly.

I (the bride) and some of my family/family friends stayed the night before and again we were welcomed warmly and offered help with everything from reprinting the wedding readings I had somehow lost!! to booking taxi's to take us out for a meal at The Green Man in Middleton.

On the morning of the wedding the hotel could not have been more helpful to all of us, they really helped to make sure everything went smoothly with make up artist, hairdresser, florist, photographer, cars etc turning up, finding us the perfect areas in the hotel to have our hair and make up done and didn't mind us taking over part of the lounge area as it had the best light for make up! They were just brilliant thinking of things we hadn't, asking if there was anything else they could do. I honestly don't think we'd have got out on time as calmly as we did without all their help.

The bridal suite is a beautiful room and very quiet and comfortable, used it for some photos in there on the morning and was lovely to come back to bubbly and strawberries laid out for us at the end of the whole day. Breakfast was really good too.

Completely recommend to anyone especially any brides thinking of using this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea_Martin_13
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel is privately owned and run which is reflected in the excellent service, delicious home cooked cuisine,fine wines and attention to detail in all things.
The location is handy for Drayton Manor and Finsbury Water Park plus Lichfield and Tamworth are short car journeys away as are Birmingham and Solihull. There are several National Trust properties to visit in the area and a lovely Arboreteum,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Check in makes you think it's a B and B rather than a hotel but its a lovely stay. I had room 2 which is the room shown on the website. Lovely and clean with a beautiful 4 poster bed. Great bathroom although shower head could do with replacing. Free wifi throughout hotel. The food was lovely nice home cooked meals and great breakfast. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming. If you are tired of faceless bland hotel chains then give this a try would definitely stay again

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Windypops1
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My name is Roberto, i booked a stay at the Drayton Court Hotel in Tamworth Birmingham UK, i was responsabile of a group of 30 people of which 12 were kids, we staid 2 days, the experience was fantastic, the welcome and the reception was just great, we felt all like beeing at home, all staff was supportive, helpfull, we had full assistance, rooms were comfortable, clean and tyde, every time we had retun to the Hotel after a walk, tea and biscuits were ready for us. Breakfast typical English bacon and eggs, toast, jam, coffe, tea.... Or continental. The comments of the group 30 people were in line with my hereby comments. Never got a complaint, and when you are in charge and responsible of a group this is the best you can ask for. Ciao Roberto

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank marco b
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I Stayed for 2 nights at the end of November 2012 in a small double room booked by my company, the staff were really nice and friendly.

The room was clean but cold, I turned the heating on full before I went to bed but I was woke up at 4.15am by a chattering noise, it was my teeth and the heating was off.

The bar was small and welcoming but you need to ring the bell 5 mins before you want your drinks. Breakfast was to order and good and served quickly when your out to meetings at 8.30am

I Was told the hotel had been refurbished but it still had an old fashioned feel to It. I have stayed at premier inn central Tamworth and Moxham hall next to the Belfrey in the past and would return to both before this If I had the choice.
when you book in and look for the reception it is actually the hallway you enter in to.

There was good Indian (Kudos Signature) and cantonese (Peninescilar) restaurants with in a 5 minute walk, the Indian was very keenly priced as there was a lot of competition in the area,

One good thing is that it is just down the road from Drayton Manor if your visiting.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I can't rate this hotel highly enough.
I spend most weeks travelling the country and staying in all sorts of hotels and this was the first place in over a year where i felt genuinely welcomed and looked after.The room was lovely, bed comfortable, shower good etc. etc.
The food was excellent - clearly home made and care and effort taken into making it right.
Attention to detail was brilliant - i was really made to feel at home. It was indeed a home from home.
I also have to thank Lynn for the constant supply of the best hot chocolate in the world!!!!!!!
Jo Brazell