“Pre and post wedding”

Drayton Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Absolutely fabulous room with my own garden for night before wedding. Excellent meal - lashings of champagne, attentive and authentic staff - didn't 't want to leave! Hearty and wholesome breakfasts...will go back!

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely - bridesmaids enjoyed the facilities as well
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki H

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My Partner and I recently stayed at the Drayton Court Hotel as we were attending an event at Drayton Manor. The reception by the landlady was lovely she made us feel really welcome, along with complimentary Tea and Coffee accompanied by home made fruit cake (delightful). The room we had was number 19 and while it was small it was spacious enough for what we needed it for. It was comfortable with a lovely bathroom, extremely clean and pleasant to stay in. The hotel itself was in a fantastic location, there was lots of parking, the whole hotel was immaculately clean. The Breakfast was lovely, with toast, yoghurt cereal full English and tea/coffee nothing requested was too much bother. If you are looking for a gloriously quaint hotel to relax in and feel at home then the Drayton Court Hotel is the one for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have stayed at drayton court hotel for two nights this week on business,the staff are like one big family,nothing was too much trouble, STEAK PIE, out of this world. Thankyou for makeing my staff a very welcome one. Mmmmm I have got to say it again STEAK PIE. Also the warm welcome on arrival was nice,my room was clean and plenty spacious. Breakfast was delightful,all meals were of a very good standard and very tasty. My overall experience was very enjoyable,warm,friendly,with excellent service every step of the way. I felt my stay was seen to on a personal level, and not just a number,thankyou again

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank steakpieman
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

On arrival the staff were very polite and helpful. The rooms are quite basic. The decor and layout could be better, although for an overnight stay more than adequate. The food portions are generous and well prepared. The walls are quite thin, noise from the corridor or neighbors clearly audible.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Spencersboy
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stay in Hotels each and every week in the U.K and often dont remember one from another just part of my working week . I loved this Hotel Warm and Friendly I felt at home relaxed and welcome Kate and Her team Did me and my wife proud ! A big thanks for Making our stay one we enjoyed this lovely Hotel is full of charm and well worth a visit. Home cooking and friendly staff a rare treat. Thank you very much Roy Kingsley (Community Network)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roy K
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We chose to stay at Drayton Court Hotel as I wanted something a bit more small, friendly and individual than any of the big hotels around the area of my wedding at Middleton Hall in early March 2013. I have to stay I am 100% happy we made the right choice.

From the initial meeting to discuss our requirements they couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, it was an easy process to hold a number of rooms in my name whilst our guests decided if and when to book, a few hiccups in a couple of our guests bookings were very quickly sorted out and everything else went smoothly.

I (the bride) and some of my family/family friends stayed the night before and again we were welcomed warmly and offered help with everything from reprinting the wedding readings I had somehow lost!! to booking taxi's to take us out for a meal at The Green Man in Middleton.

On the morning of the wedding the hotel could not have been more helpful to all of us, they really helped to make sure everything went smoothly with make up artist, hairdresser, florist, photographer, cars etc turning up, finding us the perfect areas in the hotel to have our hair and make up done and didn't mind us taking over part of the lounge area as it had the best light for make up! They were just brilliant thinking of things we hadn't, asking if there was anything else they could do. I honestly don't think we'd have got out on time as calmly as we did without all their help.

The bridal suite is a beautiful room and very quiet and comfortable, used it for some photos in there on the morning and was lovely to come back to bubbly and strawberries laid out for us at the end of the whole day. Breakfast was really good too.

Completely recommend to anyone especially any brides thinking of using this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea_Martin_13
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel is privately owned and run which is reflected in the excellent service, delicious home cooked cuisine,fine wines and attention to detail in all things.
The location is handy for Drayton Manor and Finsbury Water Park plus Lichfield and Tamworth are short car journeys away as are Birmingham and Solihull. There are several National Trust properties to visit in the area and a lovely Arboreteum,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamworth
Drayton Manor Hotel
2 mi away
The Gungate
The Gungate
#9 of 11 in Tamworth

Been to Drayton Court Hotel? Share your experiences!