“Best Take-away Chinese so far.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food, Asian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best Take-away Chinese so far.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Sadly,I live outside delivery area or I would have their food twice a week..maybe more!
I was visiting Tamworth and was looking forward to a Chinese from a place I ate from a couple of years ago. Luckily I checked the health rating and found the other place was inspected 2 weeks ago and received a zero...no way I was going there again. Swallow had a 4 rating so went there and so very glad I did.

The young lady taking orders was very pleasant and welcoming. I noticed when I entered that the full kitchen could be seen from the counter and looked very clean and well maintained.Obviously they had nothing to hide. Both the chefs came forward to greet me with a big friendly smile and welcome.

I ordered 2 giant spring rolls. Usually this many bean sprouts would put me off,but combined with the meats other ingredients,they were so tasty and unlike any other I have had.
Egg foo yung with kind prawn...amazing. The portion looked to be a good dozen eggs. It was massive and not stingy with the prawns either. So good to eat!

Chicken with cashews was first class with tons of big chunky and very fresh tasting chicken. Sauce was just enough to enrich the chicken without covering up the flavour.
Kung po beef...usually I stay away from this dish as the beef always seems chewy from other places. Not here....big thick slices of tender and very well seasoned beef. Sauce heat just right and vegetables nice and crunchy.

Th owner/chef kept coming out and updating me on how long my order would take..the spring rolls took some time to cook due to size and the owner advised she wanted them to be perfect and crispy for me. The prawn crackers were the best I have had too.

The best word to describe the food here is clean. Everything tasted fresh and different and perfectly seasoned. So many places seem to give several dishes out that all taste the same.
The friendliness of all the staff shows me these folks care about the customer and the way it all tasted shows they obviously have some pride in their restaurant.
And due to the large portions, I have some left for breakfast even after having several plates of goodies throughout last evening!! Great value.

HUGE PLUS..Did not have the long lasting unstoppable thirst that I usually experience after c
Chinese food and noticed that MSG was not heavily used. That explains why the dishes all tasted like they should.
Couldn't recommend the Swallow any higher. Just need to move them closer to home!

• Visited November 2013