“great day”

and up
Drayton Manor Theme Park Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Tamworth
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a great day at Drayton manor on Sunday, granddaughter loved Thomas land, plenty of rides and not a long wait,, we booked tickets on line and made a good saving compared to paying at the gate,, will definitely visit again,,

1  Thank nigel a

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have just returned from an extended weekend break with my family to Drayton Manor Park in Tamworth. We booked from Thursday to Sunday and the weather shone on us for the four days.. This wasnt our first trip to see the park, and nor will it be our last. I have two boys (2 and 6 years) and there was something for everyone. When we arrived on Thursday, we tried to do Thomasland first and see what we can fit in after, but because the park isnt that big and the rides are quite close together, we found that we were about to do most rides (queues permitting) within the first day. This didnt deter us from booking a second day (for a reduced price!!) which meant that the boy, my wife and I could enjoy the rest of what this park offers. The staff were very friendly and always accessible should you need them, and the park itself had a friendly "family" feel to it. We felt that we could let the kids off to play on rides, the zoo and playpark without feeling like you were constantly guarding them. There is no road traffic whatsoever and the only thing you may find on the roadways is a scaled down train which passes through the park at 30min intervals. The kids and adults, really loved the rides, with a good variation to suit any height, age and ability. On the weekend we were there, they were opening a new ride -Air Race- and the buzz was noticable, with boy band "the Vamps" arriving on Saturday. It was nice to see they were investing in new, up to date thrill rides rather than installing rides and relying on them to last for decades. The park was clean and well maintained. We will be trying to book again next year.

3  Thank 111111MarkH
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with a 3 year old and there was plenty for him to do to keep him amused all day however if you are going with older kids that like big thrill rides there are only a few and won't take up a full day and with the prices for tickets you expect to be busy all day.

1  Thank Sarah_Jane510
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

brilliant day out with kids. love the zoo... lots to do here. food is good. love coming back all the time never get boring

2  Thank louiselawson78
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I book a family room way back in January and explained that we were travelling from Scotland with my young austic son and asked for priority check in rather than waiting til 3.00. This was agreed and a few days before heading I phoned again and was promised that our needs would be honoured with a note on our booking for when we arrived. We arrived and the staff were very defensive of their check in times and even with explaining that we had been travelling since 5 am we didn't get our room til after 1.00 pm after having to go through the same story.

After a long day the thought of having a bath was my way of relaxing to find the plug was faulty so not only did I have to shower so did my son who isn't used to showers.

The staff in Thomas Land were not friendly and clearly not child friendly either. The Fat Controller too was rude! He pointed out that is not his name! The service to eat both in the hotel and in the park was very slow so again not child friendly when you have a hungry young child.

I had planned to visit next year and drive through myself but after this visit I will not be going back.

The money paid for the overnight accommodation was not worth it.

6  Thank Jigjit