“Beware if you use a wheelchair”
Review of Drayton Manor Park

Drayton Manor Park
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in Tamworth
Reviewed 29 October 2010

This place needs to do more to improve accessible rides for the over 8's. I went with a teenager who uses a wheelchair and it was a complete flop for him. He got to ride on the little train that tours the park and the Thomas the Tank train. The only other accessable ride, a boat ride on the medievil lake, was closed.

They could do this in two ways: either by putting accessable cars on more rides or by having hoists to get folk out of their chair and on to the ride. I appreciate that rides like G Force may not be adapted but come on, 2 kiddie trains for a full price ticket?

Just because someone's legs don't work doesn't mean the rest of them is incapable.

Or offer a reduced price ticket? He brought 2 helpers with him and it was a very expensive day out.

4  Thank Jart_7
There are newer reviews for Drayton Manor Park

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Arrived at 10.30 when it opened and put our bag in the luggage lockers at the Toy shop desk, which cost £2. Went straight to Thomas Land and stayed there till late afternoon. Adults can accompany the children on most rides, which makes it more fun. The best ride was the Troublesome Trucks rollar coaster, even a thrill for the older people. When it started to rain a bit the inside play area was just the ticket, one of the best setups we've been to, but you can only stay for 30 mins.

We took sandwiches and there was plenty of seats to use to sit down and people watch.

Our 4 year old could also go on plenty of the main rides, but we didn't really have time, only went on the Carousel and the Black Revolver ride (a bit too fast for him). The 4D film was worth a look but I we weren't sure the glasses were working correctly, maybe needed to be cleaned.

We arrived in a taxi and planned on taking the bus back to Tamworth but couldn't find the bus stop so had to call for a taxi, which cost £7.50. Will have to sort this out for next time.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I went ere with a few friends with the opinion its not as good as Alton towers, but I usually visit theme parks to be pushed to the extreme. However this time I went with the view just to have fun, and it was great. We spent a hour around the zoo and went on all the smaller rides, I couldn't believe how few people were there as it was a Saturday and half term week the longest we que's was 10 minutes, which is great when you considering other theme parks you que over two hours for the big rides. I loved every second the park Beijing a bit smaller meant we could have a slow walk around instead of rushing to get everything done. It was great XD

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Made sure we stayed nearby and arrived first thing in the morning. We have a mix of kids so the older ones went on the traditional theme park rides while our younger one loved Thomas Land. Went midweek in October and was very quiet. Staff told me that school hols and summer very busy (and presumably weekends). Thomas Land still looks new, but other areas looked a little worn. Luckily little queuing for rides. Forgot how pricy the entry was but everywhere in the UK the entrance fee for landmark attractions seems to have risen dramatically since I was last here over a decade ago. We packed alot into the day and only left at 5 PM. could have gone back a second day if we had time. Food was okay at cafeteria right at the end of park (looked alot better than the fast food outlets dotted throughout the park anyway).

Our two year old is still talking about thomas land so it was a big hit with him.

2  Thank casandlisa
Reviewed 15 October 2010

drayton manor was loved by all my kids and myself. great rides not massive queues although i would advise to go from opening till finish if your paying the ridiculous prices they seem to think they can charge. dont get me wrong its great but the average family is ok 2adults 2 kids but adding on a 3rd child or fourth can be very pricey. i just think if they lowered there prices they would get people returning more often, id also advise taking sandwiches etc as the food outlets are very dear.staff were wonderful and helpful worth a day out but have a loan first

1  Thank melanieWestMids