“16th may 2014”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Pizza, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Come along to the Dapple Grey offering a great atmosphere, exceptional levels of service and quality food from our Two for One menu and Specials Board. You can also choose a delicious stonebaked pizza from our fantastic Pizza Kitchen, all the classics plus some exciting specials. We have a fantastic outdoor area where you can relax and enjoy a cold drink in the great British weather with all the family! Our children's play area will keep the little ones entertained and for the chilly days we have an under 5's Kids Zone inside. We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Service: restaurant fairly quiet, service very good and prompt.
Food: I had the liver and bacon, beautiful tasting, that hot the assumption was that it was microwaved but it was very tasty. Portion size only disappointment, liver is not expensive and there was very little liver on the plate, however it is a 2 for the price of 1 and you get what you pay for.
Wife had mushroom pasta garlic bread and was very satisfied with the dish.
Drinks: I'm happy at any Marston pub, Hobgoblin on draught great, wife had large wine which was a bit pricy.

James P, General Manager at The Dapple Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest

It was great to read your feedback and many thanks for your comments.

I am pleased that you found the service to be prompt and very good, even when quiet we still aim to deliver a high standard.

Apologies for your disappointment with the portion size, I will be addressing this with my head chef immediately.

Many thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation and we weren't disappointed. Polite and prompt table service for everything. Great food and very well priced too, all in very well looked after surroundings. Will definitely be coming back :)

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you came on a recommendation and you were not disappointed with your visit.

I will be passing the comments onto the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ok so let's start with the dapplegreys exterior.
The pub is in an idea location for both visitors and locals right off one of the main thoroughfare roads.
It's well lit and easy to find and only a stones throw away from hotels. The pub is about a five minute walk to the town centre which is perfect to start or end your night.

The bar is very clean outside and has seating with umbrellas. It's a well maintained pub and is ran under he marstons brand.

We were initially greeted by a gentleman at the door and we asked to find our own table as we were not sure of we wanted food.

We sat down to order drinks with one of what seemed to be three staff attending to us at our table.

The pub runs a fantastic buy one get one free on all main course meals which was brilliant as here were four of us! We ordered 3 curries and 1 jacket potato
(which was on the snack menu)

The food was prepared quickly and the atmosphere is fantastic inside. The staff are very attentive and are more than happy to help with any request.

Cons:
My jacket potato came out well presented but the beans were a little burned on the outside where they had melted the cheese on the top. The butter was inside the little square packet but completely liquid due to the heat.

The staff:
The staff were excellent, and I ate all of my jacket potato and I did mention it was burned on the top with the beans. They gave me a free desert and took it off the bill as well. Now most pubs wouldn't have done this as I'd actually eaten it all but there was no question about it. That took me by surprise actually.

Our four drinks and food for four came to around £47.00 in total. This obviously isn't the cheapest of pubs when you compare it to weather spoons just up the road however the service is 100% better at the dapplegrey.

Would we go back? Yes we would. We intend to return rather soon. We would recommend this pub to anyone visiting Uttoxeter too!

Pictures to follow.

1  Thank DexxTravels
James P, General Manager at The Dapple Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for leaving your detailed feedback for your visit.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and found us very welcoming. I am also very pleased to read that even though a minor con in your food, that we resolved this sufficiently for you.

I would like to personally thank you for your very kind words and I shall be passing these comments onto the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very recently came to Dapple for a dinner as we were quite big group of 10-15 people,what a disappointing experience!! Firstly we were not welcome at all, as that fact left a bad impression in all of us. The food was just alright except the broccoli which was looking terrible and obviously dark and undercooked-bad presented and funny as joke the plate was full with...water??
that's fine so far but I cant really get and accept the fact that,one of the waitresses ,was ignoring me(in general al of us),without any reason.Well it was obvious she was in very bad mood and if you let me describe that she was looking in very poor condition-in other words-inadequate,but you have to agree with me that was not my fault at all....I am not fuss but what I and the rest of my group saw especially with the ignorant one is.....no second chance !!

p.s thank you for your "great service"

5  Thank Jjoshua A

Dear Guest

The whole team is very sorry to read that you had such a disappointing visit with us, and we would like to express our apologies profusely to you and the other guests.

A full investigation was launched after your previous comments were posted, the one which was taken down off the site, due to the bias and unacceptable attitude in which it was written.

As it seems you are determined to get your point across, I will let you know that upon the findings of the investigation, all team members were briefed and have undertaken further on-going coaching.

As again you have decided to use trip advisor to raise your comments and not contacted myself personally, I feel that you must be addressed by this means as well, as it's the only form I can use.

You have stated 'no second chance' and that is disappointing but I respect your decision, it's a shame but I can not force the issue.

As for the: "p.s thank you for your "great service" comment, I think that speaks more in volumes of the sarcasm and immaturity of your comments than anything else, but you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Have visited this pub restaurant twice and have had enjoyable meals both times. On the most recent visit the service was very good and for the price the meals were of a reasonable quality. Its 2 main courses for the price of 1 deal make it good value as the main courses would otherwise be overpriced. There is a good range of meals available on the menu and the deserts are very tasty. We would certainly visit again.

James P, General Manager at The Dapple Grey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for coming back to visit us again, and I am very pleased that to read that you found the service to be very good.

I am also delighted to read that you found the food to be of good quality and tasty and the price reasonable.

We most certainly look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards