“Friendly staff, but a long wait on food orders”
Review of The Racecourse

The Racecourse
Ranked #46 of 66 Restaurants in Uttoxeter
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great food and drink served by people who really care
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend visited on a Saturday evening whilst returning from a day trip to Nottingham.

It is part of the Table Table restaurant chain.

Pros:
-WiFi free for 30 minutes (registration required)
-Ramp access at entrance
-Clean and well-maintained premises
-Young and friendly staff - Joe who organised our table and Maddie who was our waitress were particularly polite and helpful.
-Plentiful seating from tables for 2 up to tables for 8+. High chairs for toddlers.
-Waitress service, so food orders taken at table.
-Wide range of food options including starters, light bites, salads, classics, fish, sides and grills. Sundaes and puddings for desserts. Sunday lunch. £4.99 daytime deals available Mon-Fri 11:30-6. Kids menu. I ate a Chicken & Ham Pie with jacket potato and peas.
-Coffees and liqueur coffees, plus bar drinks.
-TV on wall (showing ITV1 during my visit)
-Drawing games for children.
-Clean and spacious (men's) toilets.

Cons:
-Parking limited as shared with an adjacent Premier Inn hotel
-35 minute wait on food
-Premises understaffed. However, they were all very professional.
-ATM - £1.75 withdrawal fee
-Christmas display a bit early considering I visited in early October

Notes:
-There's a BP petrol station, plus a Subway, Burger King and Starbucks Coffee adjacent to the pub restaurant/hotel.

There are newer reviews for The Racecourse

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Horrendous meal here. I wouldn't feed my cat what they served up.

We booked a table after the races for 25 people. They did not sit us all together and the food took over an hour to arrive.
The people who had the carvery said it was worst carvery ever - cold and chewy meat !

All in all and awful experience and I would never step foot in the place again !

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Came here with friends after a trip to Alton Towers and decided to eat at tabletable....worst mistake ever!
First of all we were ignored when we first arrived, it took over 5 minutes for us to be seated.
Waited 10 minutes for our drinks, which was a bit slow as it wasn't very busy. Out starters came very quickly and were very nice. Once we finished our starters it took the waitress over half an hour to clear us and that only happened as some of us were about to go outside for a smoke. As the waitress was clearing our starters she said our mains were ready to come out....
When our mains came out we were disappointed! The food was lukewarm, it was not up to the legal requirement! One of us didn't even eat much of the food as it wasn't very nice.
We are not the type of people to complain, but when we got our desserts one of us had dirty finger prints all round the plate. When we told one waitress she apologised and said she would get the manager who never arrived, instead the waitress who brought our desserts out came and had a go at us for complaining. We didn't want anything off of our bill, we just wanted to make them aware. Overall, that was the worst place we have been for dinner.
As we didn't know the area we had to eat there again on our second night....the food was still really bad, but the service was much better thanks to a waiter called Eddie who was always making sure we were okay. Another thing we didn't like was overhearing the barmaid talking about Eddie to some customers at the bar, and it was very nice, to us that is bullying in the workplace.
I can honestly say that we will not be eating there again, next time we are up that way we will drive around to find somewhere else to eat!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Dropped in with the family after the recent race meeting, on a Sunday afternoon. On sitting down the waitress advised that many things on the menu had run out. It wasn't even busy, probably 25% full at the most !! Not to worry, we ordered some drinks. 20 minutes later, no drinks had arrived so we hunted down the waitress. Turns out they hadn't even started the drinks. 10 more minutes and drinks turn up, but not my cider. We dont have cider on draught she exclaims, so I again I say no worry, bring me a bottle. 5 more minutes and she brings a raspberry cider, which is odd, since originally I ordered a normal cider. We dont have any normal ciders left, she tells me. Forget it. I will go thirsty. By this time, we are 45 minutes in and no sign of food, so we chase that too. Half the food arrives shortly after. Only half mind. The rest arrives just as the first lot are finishing. And when mine arrives, they forget the salad. So we chase that too. and then to top it off, we have to go and get our own cutlery. Oh and they had run out of tomato sauce too. Oh and the food was mostly dry and not too appetizing.
Summary ~ probably the worst pub you could ever visit. Open heart surgery would probably be less painful !!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The food was lovely, the waitress who served us was great, made sure all our requests were fulfilled, and in good time too, I would highly recommend this resteraunt, tasty food, not bad value, it is pub food so that's what we went in expecting and we weren't disappointed at all