“A home from home :)”

Meadows Way Guest House
Ranked #3 of 8 Uttoxeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I'm turning 40 and have a few things on my to do list. My plan was to go to Alton Towers on my own so I can go on all the rides without compromise. Since moving to London I don't need my car, so I'm selling. This is one last trip to remember :)
I was greeted very warmly and shown around. Everything was explained..you know all the small things you forget to ask. When you travel alone there is nobody to check with. My room was more like a mini chalet with a front door and on suite. It was warm,cosy and pretty.
The location is good and I went to the town (5 mins walk) for dinner. Lots of choice of restaurants and then I went ice skating (10 mins walk) next to a 24 tesco. There is a big Brantano shoe brand shop so I got a few bargains.
I watched the flat screen tv up on the wall from my bed which was luxury! Eastenders until I dropped off at 1am. Up early for breakfast (included) which was filling and well presented. The owners are friendly and there is attention to detail.. I loved the pictures on the wall..
It was a lovely much needed break and I would recommend a stay here. Hurry though as it was full last night :)

Room Tip: There is no fitness or pool...the website wouldn't let me remove them My room is 14 and a kind...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hi Rohini74

Well what can I say ??. Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review...I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff...

You may be interested to know that we are planning on building a fitness facility over the next few months which we hope will complement our Spar .. So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costume and your Gym kit ..

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this facilities to spend one night before going to the Towers.
When booking my main objective was price.
I have to honestly say that I got more then what I paid for.
Great little hotel with fantastic costumer service.
The room was tidy and very clean.
Small but as I was alone, it did the job.
Although it's not a new facility, the room didn't have the usual tired feeling that some of these hotel tend to have.
Upon arrival, I was taken to my room and given a tour of it which was nice and unusual.
Breakfast was good 2. Freshly cooked with a good cupper.
If ever in the area I will def use this again.
Thanks

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi .. DJ-Nt-Nz

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review.... I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff... We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest review..and I am pleased that you were happy with our service..

You may be interested to know that our Spa Facility is now fully open so next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

Reviewed 19 February 2014

£80 for a family room including breakfast was a great deal for the four of us (room could have slept five) compared to the extortionate rates at the Alton Towers hotels. The only thing stopping me awarding five out of five was the dated and tired looking decor and carpets etc. That aside the place was spotlessly clean and very welcoming and I would not hesitate in recommending to anyone, in fact its highly likely we'll go back next year as we had such a great weekend. Breakfast was top drawer!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Willsylove
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hi .. Willsylove

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review .. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us .. We do ask our Guests to write an honest review warts and all as it is a very good way of both advertising our business and getting your feedback ..

I am somewhat at a loss to know what is meant by " dated and tired looking decor etc." as we have spent a lot of time and money de-decorating and re-carpeting most of our rooms ... to give them a warm and homely feeling and appearance .. But Olroyd Guest House & Spa is in someways like "The Fourth Bidge" in-so-far-as decorating is concerned .. As it is never-ending ... Our next project is to replace all of the Hall Stairs and Landings Carpets .. But as we have 6 Stair ways and Landings you will appreciate that this is a major ££ undertaking ..

We now have a new promotional video for Oldroyd Guest House & Spa which has just been uploaded to our webstie .. So please take a look at us on our own website where I hope that you will like what you see ..

Once again Very many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future ..

Jim "B"

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I've just returned from an overnight stay at Oldroyd Guest House and would definitely return. The facilities were clean and modern, beds comfortable and staff very attentive. Nothing was too much trouble for Jim and his wonderful team.

Clean towels are provided for use and sweets on the bed are a lovely touch. At the time of my stay the spa facilities weren't open but looked superb! There was an abundance of choice available for breakfast - a variety of cereals, fresh juice, tea, coffee and full English cooked to order using local produce.

It's location is fantastic for trips to the race course and the town is a few minutes walk away. There is also a retail park close by offering numerous places to eat.

Special thanks to Jim who made our stay very memorable and spent time explaining the history of the town and it's former residents. Oldroyd is a credit to him and we look forward to our next stay in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colette M

Hi Colette ...

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a super review... I feel almost embarrassed

But seriously, these reviews are really very helpful to our business as they are an excelent way of letting people know who we are and what we offer .. We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest review..and I am very pleased that you were happy with our service.. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff...

You may be interested to know that our Spa Facility is now complete and open .. We also have a brand New video which has just been incorporated into our web-site .. so please have a look at it on our own web site and let us know what you think

So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The guest house is ideally located in the town and a few minutes walk from the centre. We stayed because we were going to a friends Christmas party in Kingston and she had pre-booked quite a few rooms, to enabled us all to stay over, and not have to worry about driving.

We were greeted by Lisa ( I think that was her name) and Jim the owner. Beds are really comfy, nice relaxed atmosphere, everything that you would need, clean and well equipped plenty of clean towels. Wall mounted flat screen with integrated DVD Player and tea/coffee making items, really nice to have biscuits and sweets in the room, as well as plenty of tea/coffee,and Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the Guest House. The bathroom was also well stocked with toiletries, and hair-dryer in room.
In the morning the English breakfast was really good, everything you have read about their breakfast is true, great start after a heavy night partying!!!

Our room was room 2 ground floor with en-suite bathroom, was accessible from the parking lot which was a great help, CCTV coverage so your car is safe, 20 car parking area. Despite being near a main road, we didn't get disturbed at all at night. The room was clean and immaculate .

This is the first time we have stayed here, but will not be the last. Jim, the owner, made us very welcome from the first point we met him. Excellent value for money. Had a very nice stay here.

Please pass on thanks to all staff concerned including the back of house staff...

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have problems with stairs
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timeoutqueen
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Hi Timeoutqueen

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a Fantastic and Comprehensive review... I feel that I should be hiring you to look after our marketing ... Lol ..

But seriously, these reviews are really very helpful to our business as they are an excelent way of letting people know who we are and what we offer .. We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest revied..and I am very pleased that you were happy with our service..To date we have had 179 reviews writen by our guests and yours is certainly one of the best .. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff...

You may be interested to know that our Spa Facility is now complete and will be open in the new year .. So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed because we were going to Uttoxeter Christmas Market Race Meeting, we had a very warm welcome from Jim and we were able to park in the big car park before going to the races which was very handy as the guest house was only a five minute walk away. The town centre is also about the same with lots of nice pubs and restaurants, we ate at Divine Indian Restaurant which was gorgeous. We had a very comfy bedroom and a good nights sleep. The breakfast was beautiful.

We will definitely be returning when we go to the next race meeting.

Thanks very much for a lovely stay Jim,

Ian and Diane

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hi Diane

Well what can I say ?? I am almost embarrassed ... Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review...We have had 177 reviews writen by our guests over the last few years and yours is certainly one of the best .. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff... We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest revied..and I am pleased that you were happy with our service..

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The staff were really friendly and had genuine interest in why I was in the area, and if I was happy with everything. I was travelling alone, but managed to get the family room, so had loads of space, and 4 beds to choose from!! Would recommend here to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi Rob

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review.... I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff... We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest revied..and I am pleased that you were happy with our service..

Uttoxeter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
White Hart Hotel
Lanes Guest House
Lanes Guest House
#1 of 8 in Uttoxeter
Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel

Been to Meadows Way Guest House? Share your experiences!