“Great stay for Alton Towers trip”

Meadows Way Guest House
Ranked #2 of 8 Uttoxeter B&B and Inns
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay for Alton Towers trip”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked this guesthouse for a one night stay as we travelled up for 2 day trip to Alton Towers. When we arrived we were met by the manager who was very helpful. We booked a family room. The room was more than adequate for our stay. There were twin beds, a double and a single. The beds were very comfy! The hotel was only 15 mins from Alton Towers which is why we choose it, and was pleased with our stay. There is a local pub and other restaurants close by so didn't have to walk to far for food! The breakfast in the morning was fab! My husband went for the full fry up and the kids ordered bacon sarnies! We were made to feel very welcome. The only downside was the shower wasn't great, so didn't spend too long in there! I would however recommend this hotel to others.

1 Thank Rebecca H
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Rebecca H

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review.... I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff... We always try to look after all of our guests and we do ask them to write an honest review.. As your opinion can be an invaluable reference for other customers who are thinking of staying with us, for this reason we really appreciate the time that you have taken for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your comment is very important to us to improve and better ourselves.

You may be interested to know that our Spa Facility is now fully open so next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

Uttoxeter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bridlington
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Granddaughter and I with our 2 yorkies were welcomed on arrival by the owner Jim " with a big smile " We were shown to our room " no1 " The twin room was spotlessly clean and cozy , with fluffy towels on the beds and nice touches like sweets and biscuits. " not dog biscuits " We had the full English cooked to order by the chef " Andy " and the full English it was. It set us up for the day at Churnet valley railway, for the 1940s weekend. All in all Excellent value for money. We would recommend to anyone. Once again Thanks to Jim and the staff.....Glen.

3 Thank glen S
Dear Glen

On behalf of myself and all the staff of Oldroyd Guest House and Spa, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Staffordshire.

You were a pleasure to look after and your honest opinion can be an invaluable reference for other customers who are thinking of staying with us, for this reason we really appreciate the time that you have taken for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Once again Very many thanks

Oldroyd Guest House and Spa
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in room 4. The atmosphere was pleasant, the rooms were clean and the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed a delicious breakfast on both mornings,which was served quickly and with no hassle.
I would definitely recommend Oldroyd Guest House as a place to stay especially for those travelling to visit Alton Towers as it is only a short drive away as well as having nearby access to public transport and while evening meals are not provided, there are many pubs, restaurants and a supermarket only a short walk away.
We will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam T
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Hello Adam T

What a super review .. I don't quite know what to say .. I have show your review to our staff and told them that they should all feel very proud ..

Seriously though .. Reviews as good as yours make me feel quite humble and you have given us all a real lift ... and of course they are very good for our business .. For which we are very grateful..

We look forward to greeting you again in the future

Very many thanks

Oldroyd Guest House & Spa
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at this B & B for 2 nights, we had the four poster bed room. Very clean & tidy B & B throughout. the staff were all very pleasant & breakfast was lovely, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We also had some family members stay who had the family room, also very clean & tidy. A further family member was staying elsewhere but he was allowed to join us for breakfast at no extra cost. Cannot fault anything about this Bed & Breakfast. Thank You very much.

Room Tip: our room, although on the front was perfect.
1 Thank Penny B
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hi ..

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review.. I am very pleased that you liked Oldroyd Guest House and that you were happy with our service ..

You may be interested to know that our brand new Spa Facility which has a large hot tub, a Sauna and a steam room as well as a relaxation area... is now fully open So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a night at the oldroyd guest house as a weekend break with the view of visiting alton towers. We were welcomed on arrival and shown round our room and the spa, both of which were spotlessly clean and tidy. I would highly recommend booking the spa for the extra £10 is great value. A good breakfast the next morning set us up for a day at Alton Towers which is only a 20 minute drive away.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Hi

Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review..

I am pleased that you thought Oldroyd Guest House was a nice place to stay and that you were happy with our service .. and that you enjoyed your stay with us .. Please be assured that I have passed your nice comments on to our staff

You may be interested to know that our Spa Facility which has a large hot tub, a Sauna and a steam room as well as a relaxation area... is now fully open.. So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costumes ..

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

What a Cracking place, a real gem. Lovely friendly staff and a nice warm greeting on a cold and wet night. But the location just couldn't be better, only a 5 minute walk from the Uttoxeter Racecourse and only 200 yards from the town .. We stayed in a lovely double room that was well set out and all the little touches like sweets, biscuits and free Wi Fi made it all seem very special, we had a lovely en-suite bathroom and lots of fluffy white towels. The bed was just sooo comfy we had a struggle to get up but we were glad that we did as the full English Breakfast was just fantastic.. There is lots of free parking and the Gardens here are a real treat. They even have a Spa in a Swiss style chalet, Jim the owner showed us around and we shall certainly book to use it next time we go to Uttoxeter

We will certainly be back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Frenchie 263

Seriously .. Reviews such as yours make me feel quite humble, but you have given us all a real lift ...

We look forward to greeting you again in the future

Very many thanks

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I'm turning 40 and have a few things on my to do list. My plan was to go to Alton Towers on my own so I can go on all the rides without compromise. Since moving to London I don't need my car, so I'm selling. This is one last trip to remember :)
I was greeted very warmly and shown around. Everything was explained..you know all the small things you forget to ask. When you travel alone there is nobody to check with. My room was more like a mini chalet with a front door and on suite. It was warm,cosy and pretty.
The location is good and I went to the town (5 mins walk) for dinner. Lots of choice of restaurants and then I went ice skating (10 mins walk) next to a 24 tesco. There is a big Brantano shoe brand shop so I got a few bargains.
I watched the flat screen tv up on the wall from my bed which was luxury! Eastenders until I dropped off at 1am. Up early for breakfast (included) which was filling and well presented. The owners are friendly and there is attention to detail.. I loved the pictures on the wall..
It was a lovely much needed break and I would recommend a stay here. Hurry though as it was full last night :)

Room Tip: There is no fitness or pool...the website wouldn't let me remove them My room is 14 and a kind...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hi Rohini74

Well what can I say ??. Very many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review...I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff...

You may be interested to know that we are planning on building a fitness facility over the next few months which we hope will complement our Spar .. So next time you come don't forget to bring your bathing costume and your Gym kit ..

Uttoxeter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel
#1 of 1 in Draycott in the Clay
Bank House Hotel
Bank House Hotel
#7 of 8 in Uttoxeter

Been to Meadows Way Guest House? Share your experiences!