“Excellent service”
Review of The Old Swan

The Old Swan
Ranked #20 of 68 Restaurants in Uttoxeter
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: We offer excellent food and drinks at great value prices. There are regular promotions including our lunchtime Deli Deal (Mon-Fri 12-3pm), Beer & Burger/All Day Everyday Fish & Chips and 5oz Gammon Steak (includes a free drink from a selected menu), Steak Club (Tuesday Noon-11pm), Curry Club (Thursday Noon-11pm) and Sunday Club (Sunday Noon-11pm). Those looking for great value drinks can join us on a Monday for our Monster Monday offer where selected drinks are available from £2.15 each. We have the largest range of drinks in Uttoxeter with an exceptional spirits range, regular and seasonal real ales, quality wines, outstanding real ciders and a selection of World Beers available on tap or by the bottle. Those looking for something truly individual to the pub may also be tempted with one of our Freedom lagers, Four or Pilsner, supplied by Freedom Brewery located only a stones throw away in Abbots Bromley and available in Uttoxeter only at the Old Swan.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had meal today with family,food was served quickly and was very hot and well presented,staff were excellent and checked back to see if our meal was ok.Only downside is condiments now in metal basket which comes to your table,not the best hygiene wise as not everybody washs their hands!! Cost saving im sure,would rather pay extra for meal and have sachets,otherwise very nice .Will visit again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Came here for a meal with my family. I waited patiently at the bar only to find that the bar staff were serving other people before me, this was irritating to say these least. The food arrived and was fairly unpalatable. My son and husband had a chicken burger and my daugter had a chicken and rib combo. All the chicken was dry and overcooked. I ordered a cheese and tomato pannini. The bread was dry, cheese a little scarce and the chips that came with our meals were overdone.
A disappointing visit! Wouldn't recommend!

The_Old_Swan_5367, Manager at The Old Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear customer,

Following on from your review of the Old Swan, firstly I would like to personally apologise for your disappointment.

We aim to provide our customers with the best possible standards, occasionally we may fall short of the standards we look to achieve.

I would like to assure you that your comments and observations have been taken seriously and the appropriate action taken in order to ensure we maintain our standards of service.

The efforts of the Pub team are continuing to provide the best possible experience for all our guests.

If you would like to take the time to discuss this visit with either myself or one of my colleagues we would be happy to speak with you. In the hopes of restoring your faith in us I would like to offer a £20 complimentary meals letter for you and your family to use in a future visit at The Old Swan should you be happy to call us on the number below.

Once again, thank you for bringing the matter to my attention, and for giving us the opportunity to improve.

Yours sincerely,

01889 598650

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I liked the food. I was alone but it wasn't strange...it's friendly up north! There was a TV with subtitles so I watched the news!!

Dear guest,

Thanks for the 5* review! I'm glad you had a good visit and enjoyed your time with us. We'll look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The place was buzzing as it was Saturday lunchtime . Only had coffe and cake but it was very nice and there was free coffee refills up to 2pm . Staff very friendly and polite but It was the overall state of the place which let it down. Very drab and dingy ,most definately needed a coat of fresh bright paint . Tables and chairs looked as though they had come out of a Junk shop , very shabby and old .Come on Wetherspoons spend a bit of money to spruce this place up .

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for your recent visit. Apologies for the delayed response. I'm glad you liked the atmosphere and that our team were friendly and accommodating during your visit. The coffee and cake offer really does well, so well in fact that we're looking at expanding the range of cakes available.

I'm sorry you felt the pub was drab and dingy. Without getting into the ins and outs of how the pubs are designed, by rule of thumb the colour scheme is agreed when we open the pub. We do regularly repaint the pub in the original colours as needed to keep the pub looking smart. Thank you for your observations regarding the furniture. I'm sorry you felt the furniture looked shabby. Again, we do regularly spend money replacing old furniture that is passed its use. I can assure you a plan to refurbish some of the older furniture is underway and is being phased in.

Thanks again for leaving a review. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon for coffee and cake!

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Popped in for a coffee with a friend on Saturday lunchtime...hive of activity and pleasant staff...second cup of coffee was free and we could have had have as many as we liked as long as it was before two o clock...which was a pleasant surprize...the carrot cake was really nice...

The place itself looked sad and neglected with old tatty tables and chairs.....the whole place looked a bit dingy and a lick of paint would not have gone amiss....such a shame for a Wetherspoons in such a good position...