All reviewshot tubdapple greyalton towersprivate bathroomb and bhomemade marmaladebottled waterdressing gownscereal barshosts were lovelyfull englishplace to staydouble roomcomfortable bednice pubtown centrerace course
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had an overnight stay with Jan & Cris while visiting our Daughter who lives in Uttoxeter. Another Daughter had previously stayed with them after finding them on Trip Advisor and recommended them to us. All the reviews are spot on - Jan & Cris made us very welcome, a lovely friendly couple. The house is immaculate, very comfortable with everything you need and more. Breakfast was very good - and the Marmalade!! Has to be sampled 5*.
All in all - a B & B not to miss. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so much Tina for your fantastic review, it is having people like you that make running a bed and breakfast so enjoyable and we hope to see and your family again in the very near future.
Our Best Regards Cris & Jan
(PS Peter is so pleased you loved his marmalade)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I travel a lot with work, and as a lone female guest, I prefer the less formal atmosphere of B&B. A lovely warm welcome from Jan when I arrived.
I stayed in a single room, which still had a double bed, and although not en suite, had the use of a large bathroom including toiletries, robe and extra towels.
I found The Lanes to be warm and clean with comfortable beds and large rooms, well stocked with a wide selection of hot drinks, water and biscuits.
I didn't have the evening meal, on this occasion but was given clear directions into town including where I could park, a great choice available for breakfast.
I will now be a regular visitor and intend to try the spa and a massage on my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Heather,So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the wonderful review you have given us.We love meeting nice people like you and really look forward to your return in the not to distant future.It was a pleasure to have you here and the next stay hopefuly you can plan for a bit of relaxation as well as work.
All the best
Jan and Cris .

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at Lanes B&B for a one night stop over in February whilst traveling between business locations. Jan and Chris make you instantly welcome on arrival and the house is spotless. The rooms are large, comfortable and well facilitated. I had both the evening meal and breakfast both cooked to perfection by Chris. All in all a very impressive establishment and I will be staying there again on my next trip South.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi Dave, thank you very much for your kind review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay we try to make people feel at home when staying in our home especially after a hard days work.
We look forward to you visiting us again soon. Best regards Cris & Jan

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here with a couple of friends to go to the races. Should have reviewed earlier but time passes so fast. Think we enjoyed our stay in the hotel better, Jan and Chris couldnt do enough for us and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was fantastic and couldnt reccomend this place highly enough, you would have to stay there to appreciate it. We had a try in the spa and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences. Location is great for races and Uttoxeter itself where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. Thanks for making our stay so great. Dave, Kath, Pam and Malc. x

Room Tip: The front bedroom is lovely. But they are all nice and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Dave, Kath, Pam and Malc a great bid thank you for your review you are all very kind. We hope you come back to stay very soon as we loved having you here in our home . You need to come back to win some big money next time, hope to see you all again soon Best Regards Jan & Cris x

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked a trip to the races for a surprise for my boyfriend and stayed over at Lanes B&B. I must say, I was over the moon with the whole trip :) Jan and Cris could not do enough to help us and even dropped us off at the races (with a stop off at Tesco), to prevent us having to walk in the cold. We got back and spent a lovely few hours thawing out and sipping champagne in the hot tub. I had a relaxing massage from Jan before our 3 course dinner was served. The food was amazing, delicious and very filling! And the wine was flowing. Well worth the money and excellent service throughout our stay. The room was beautiful also, massive double bed and spotlessly clean throughout the B&B. The room has everything we could possibly need for our stay, dressing gowns, slippers, shampoo, toothpaste, curlers, straighteners, the list goes on.....
Breakfast was equally as nice although we were still full from dinner, we gave it a good go! Lots of choice too - full English, cereal, fruit, yogurts, cereal bars etc.
There was everything we needed and more, been telling everyone about our wonderful stay, would recommend Lanes B&B to anyone. Thank you for making it so special
Love Trev & Beki xx

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Hi Trev & Beki, it was a pleasure having you stay in our home and a added bonus that you both realy had a lovely time during your stay. Also a bonus you WON at the races and a bonus for Cris as Trev being a chef said he loved the meal, Cris was over the moon with that !! it made his day. We do hope you return soon as people like you make our B&B so enjoyable
Again a big thank you for your very kind review Jan & Cris xx
PS hope your operation goes well we will be thinking of you x