“The friendliest B&B you will ever stay at.”
Review of Lanes Guest House

Lanes Guest House
Ranked #1 of 8 Uttoxeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Now I stay away from home quite regularly so I've seen my fair share of hotels and bed & breakfasts etc but Cris and Jan make Lanes B&B a cut above the rest. From the second I walked in I was made to feel like I was home. The accommodation screams 5 star quality and comfort and Cris's cooking is worthy of a Michelin Star whilst Jan 'supervises' with effection as you share the stories of the day with a glass of wine in hand. When the three course meal has settled you're invited to take a dip in the glorious hot tub followed by an exquisite all over body massage. After a good nights sleep in a very clean and comfortable bed you're ready to tackle the new day feeling like a million dollars. Exceptional service from an exceptional couple.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Dave,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the wonderful review you have given us.We love meeting nice people like you and really look forward to your return in the not to distant future.It was a pleasure to have you join us in our home it was a very enjoyable evening for us to
All the very best Cris & Jan

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Bob and I stayed here over the weekend, it was a present from our daughter, with a day at Uttoxeter races. We arrived early not expecting to be able to book in, however we were met at the door by Jan and Chris who told us to come in as our room was ready. We were instantly made to feel relaxed and welcome, we were shown around their beautiful home, it was immaculate with amazing decor, our room was wonderful with a huge king size bed, it had everything you could need , tea and coffee making facilities, biscuits even bottled water, in the drawers there was a hairdryer, straighteners and styling brush and in the wardrobes were towelling robes and slippers all for guests to use, the ensuite bathroom was pristine and was stocked with shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste etc. It was more like a 5* than a B and B. There was even a hot tub downstairs if you wanted to use it. The breakfasts were great, and I have to say that the marmalade made by Chris's Dad was the best I have ever tasted. Jan and Chris are a lovely, friendly couple and nothing is to much trouble for them. We cannot recommend this wonderful B and B highly enough and will certainly book again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Bob and Pamela, thank you so much for your wonderful review we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you come and visit us again when you come back to the race course and maybe bring Emma next time.
It is so nice to welcome nice people into our home and we hope we made your stay a memorable one.
We look forward to meeting you agin soon Regards Cris & Jan

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The owners Jan and Cris, made me feel very welcome and relaxed right from arriving late after a long journey. The room and facilities including the breakfast was first class, even though I did not use the luxury spa. Nothing was too much trouble and made me feel right at home! I will certainly not hesitate to stay with them again with my family as Alton Towers is only 6 miles down the road! The bathroom which I had sole use was excellent especially the large overhead shower. I recommend them highly for staying away on business!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Geoff, a bid thank you for your kind words we are so glad we could help make your stay on business enjoyable and we both look forward to when you come back with your family for Alton Towers.
We hope the boys liked the gift you took them home !
Look forward to your return Cris & Jan

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Diane and I stayed with Jan and Cris over the week-end and had a great time. We felt at ease immediately as we were shown around and we could see the house was immaculate! Decor is great, especially those sculptures! Took the plunge ( literally) and spent a while in the hot tub. My aching back/hip just melted away and I would recommend this therapy to all who visit. Finally, great breakfast and try to grab the last of Peter's marmalade while it lasts. Yum yum!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you David for your kind words and great review, We are so pleased we could help make your stay special and we hope to see you in the not to distant future. And we are pleased you enjoyed the hot tub. Hope you choose us again when you are next in our area !
We hope all goes well with your op Best Regards Cris & Jan
(PS Peter has given us some more of his home made marmalade so were okfor a while ).

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had an overnight stay with Jan & Cris while visiting our Daughter who lives in Uttoxeter. Another Daughter had previously stayed with them after finding them on Trip Advisor and recommended them to us. All the reviews are spot on - Jan & Cris made us very welcome, a lovely friendly couple. The house is immaculate, very comfortable with everything you need and more. Breakfast was very good - and the Marmalade!! Has to be sampled 5*.
All in all - a B & B not to miss. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much Tina for your fantastic review, it is having people like you that make running a bed and breakfast so enjoyable and we hope to see and your family again in the very near future.
Our Best Regards Cris & Jan
(PS Peter is so pleased you loved his marmalade)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I travel a lot with work, and as a lone female guest, I prefer the less formal atmosphere of B&B. A lovely warm welcome from Jan when I arrived.
I stayed in a single room, which still had a double bed, and although not en suite, had the use of a large bathroom including toiletries, robe and extra towels.
I found The Lanes to be warm and clean with comfortable beds and large rooms, well stocked with a wide selection of hot drinks, water and biscuits.
I didn't have the evening meal, on this occasion but was given clear directions into town including where I could park, a great choice available for breakfast.
I will now be a regular visitor and intend to try the spa and a massage on my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Heather,So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the wonderful review you have given us.We love meeting nice people like you and really look forward to your return in the not to distant future.It was a pleasure to have you here and the next stay hopefuly you can plan for a bit of relaxation as well as work.
All the best
Jan and Cris .

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at Lanes B&B for a one night stop over in February whilst traveling between business locations. Jan and Chris make you instantly welcome on arrival and the house is spotless. The rooms are large, comfortable and well facilitated. I had both the evening meal and breakfast both cooked to perfection by Chris. All in all a very impressive establishment and I will be staying there again on my next trip South.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jan L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi Dave, thank you very much for your kind review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay we try to make people feel at home when staying in our home especially after a hard days work.
We look forward to you visiting us again soon. Best regards Cris & Jan