Lanes Guest House
  • Restaurant
US$112
Travelocity
Travelocity
Hare & Hounds Inn(Stramshall)
Boars Head Hotel(Draycott in the Clay)
US$107
  • Restaurant
US$220
US$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubalton towersprivate bathroomhomemade marmaladecereal barshuge bathbottled watercomfortable beddressing gownsfull englishbreakfast was excellenttown centregreat hostsslept like a logplace to staydouble roomrace course
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Everything about our stay was just amazing.
I literally cannot fault anything.
The rooms are spectacular, the house is spotless.
The hosts Jan and Cris are so welcoming and absolutely fabulous.
The hot tub is especially brilliant, if you can, treat yourself to a massage!
And the breakfast was beautiful as well.
This made our stay! We will defiantly be returning!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014
Cris L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Angela and Alex, thank you for all your kind comments we are very happy that you felt relaxed and destressed in our b&b, we realy enjoyed your staying with us as we love the company of genuinely nice people and hope you both have a great future together.
Me and Cris hope to see you again soon xx

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Absolutely fab b&b, me and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights while we visited Alton towers. Not too far from Alton towers yet within walking distance of restaurants and shops etc. We stayed in the big room which was lovely, bed is massive n so comfy. We had a spa and massage during our stay and I would definitely recommend this, so relaxing. The house is lovely n breakie is great too especially the homemade marmalade. Also Jan n Chris r great hosts. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. My friends r already asking about it n I've already booked to go back in a couple of months :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cris L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Joanne and John thank you for a great review, we are so happy you had a great stay with us
again we have had such lovely people staying which makes it so enjoyable Hope all went well when you got back and we look forward to July when you return with your daughter
All the very best Jan &. Cris x

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend at Alton towers. It was an Excellent place to stay; great location, clean, super yummy breakfast run by a very friendly couple. I will defo stay here again and highly recommend it to everyone :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Cris L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you Kirsty and Rob for your kind words and great review, We are so pleased we could help make your stay special and we hope to see you in the not to distant future. Hope you choose us again when you are next in our area !
Best Regards Cris & Jan x

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed 1 night and was welcomed by Jan, shown my room and also shown the other rooms. All the rooms are decorated to a high standard and were spotlessly clean. My room to the front had a beautiful private bathroom with a Hugh corner bath and excellent rainfall type shower from the ceiling. Jan also said I could use any toiletries, shower fell etc. That was welcome as I had forgotten mine. I was offered a beer or tea, which was great after a long drove. Soon Chris, Jan's husband was home and was very friendly too and I enjoyed talking cars and motorbikes with him. I would definitely recommend staying with Jan and Chris and I will be staying next time I am near their beautiful home.

• Stayed: May 2014
Cris L, Owner at Lanes Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi Graeme, thank you so much for your review me and CRis are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future when you go on your next bike trip
All the best Jan & Cris x

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a couple of nights whilst we visited Alton towers (following the trend of most of the guests at the B&B) on the 27/05/14.

We were greeted by Cris who was extremely welcoming and had a really good laugh with us. He gave us a quick tour of the place and first thoughts were brilliant!!
We were taken to our room which was very modern (built in "mood" lights above the bed, built in radio and dimming lights) with a nice clean feel to it. There were hot drink making facilities, water and biscuits!! Always a winner. The bathroom was lovely, and they had even gone so far to provide shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste aswell... Perfect for anyone who has forgotten theirs!
I slept incredibly well in the bed which was very comfortable, felt like home. The next morning we had breakfast (full English) which was lovely, with choices of toast, cereals and yoghurts to have aswell!!

The highlight was the hottub there.... It was free if you stayed 2 nights and it was soooo good to relax there after a day at Alton Towers! Jan was even nice enough to chill a bottle of wine we had bought the day before so we could have it in there. Absolutely amazing!!

Overall Cris and Jan are incredibly nice, and always there to help their guests to their every need! Thanks for an amazing stay and we will definitely be back next year with our merlin passes!!

See you soon,
Simon and Laura

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SImon & Laura, we are so happy you both enjoyed your stay and that we could make it a little special with the hot tub. We look forward to you coming back to visit us ,hurry up and get your merl in passes as there is loads of things around here you can do with them !!!!!
Look forward to your return Jan & Cris x