“I wouldn't go again”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We (a party of 3) attended today and requested the carvery, which at £10.99 for two courses we thought was very reasonable. The soup (tomato) was very watery and quite tasteless with our mains to come we dismissed the starter and scratched down to 'well you get a lot for £10.99' - when we collected our meal - you get the smallest slices of meat, a skill to the carver who obviously has been told to slice as thin as possible, some of the vegetables were cold and some were not there at all, when I inquired I was told that they would be another 10mins and there was very little gravy - the veg that was there was not enjoyable and the mash potato to two of us tasted like smash. We won't be visiting again, their only saving grace was the waitress who was helpful and apologetic.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the attached Premier Inn for a couple of weeks back in May. The restaurant can get busy with families attending the nearby Alton Towers theme park, particularly at weekends, bank and school holidays. Although a busy restaurant I found the staff to be very helpful and considerate to a solo visitor on business. In particular Clare who went the extra mile to make my relatively long stay a pleasant one. Holly, Tara, Kelci and Eddie also deserve a mention for their attentiveness. I regularly stay at Premier Inns up and down the country and generally eat in the attached or linked restaurants. The food was of a good standard and indeed what I have come to expect in this chain. I would have no objection, staying at the attached Premier or eating in this restaurant on my next visit to the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely awful - it started with the service first which was probably the worst I've ever experienced. The waitress forgot to bring milk with the coffee ...forgot to bring vinegar for the chips, was too interested in flirting with the young guys at the next table to bother with anyone else, ..oh and forgot the mustard, and basically the microwaved vegetarian lasagne was stuck so hard around the edges I couldn't get it off the plate. The steak my husband had was like eating tasteless shoe leather ... The fried egg was rock hard and overall a dreadful experience. I will never go there again... Stupidly it was my second time and I should have learned from the first experience when the chocolate Sunday tasted so dreadful, was like eating a mouthful of sweetener. There are much better places in Uttoxeter to eat - do not bother with this place ... Oh and I'm feeling rather unwell this morning as I am typing this.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure what some people expect from this pub. It's a chain pub that serves generally good pub food. We ate lunch where we both had chicken and bacon sandwiches, were very nice, just what we expected. Dinner we both had curries, very nice they were and dessert was oreo pie which was amazingly tasty. Service was good, waiter had a laugh with us over tennis, food was reasonably priced and tasty. It's a pub not a fancy restaurant and it's doing its best to cater for the masses of park tourists. Give it a shot. Were glad we did.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good location for dinner and breakfast if you stay at the adjacent Premier Inn. Pleasant pub that offers a good choice of dishes but don't expect "haute cuisine" food.
Fast service and good value for money.