“Great Experience”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This particular hotel exceeded my expectation. Just 20-30 mins drive to Alton Towers, the hotel's location was very handy. The family room was spacious and my two kids loved their small beds. The only issue was with the temperature of the room which was uncomfortable without opening the windows for fresh air. Their was a fan which i thought was circulation hot air around. Overall i would recommend this place to anyone doing their business around that area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have stayed in a number of Premier Inns over the last few years and up until last week I have to say we have never had a bad experience.
However, the Premier Inn at Uttoxeter did not live up to my expectations.
The check in staff were friendly and the breakfast service was good too ... but the rooms were unbearbly hot, and I mean unbearably hot.
It was 20 degrees outside on the day we arrived, yet our room was 28 degrees - and it stayed at this temperature throughout the night.
The hotel are clearly aware of the temperature issue and have sheets that you can get from reception to use, rather than the duvets. However, you only realise just how hot it is when you're in bed and can't sleep. So, why not put the sheets in the bedrooms already - rather than expecting guests to have to ask for them?
Neither myself, my husband nor my 2 children slept at all on the first night - I would have checked out rather than spending another night there but due to the Summer holidays there was no availability at any other local hotels.
We did get a refund for the first night and the hotel did swap out the fan for a quieter one and provide us with sheets for the second night - but even then it was still unbearbly hot (27 degrees).
I was really disappointed with the hotel and won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

As always it met all the usual standards clean and comfortable with helpful staff only downside was it's one of the older ones and has no air con and even with two fans and sleeping under a sheet it was like sleeping in a sauna so did not sleep well at all so very nearly had to implement the good nights sleep guarantee but my partner wouldn't let me but if you go when the weather is cooler then you will have a pleasant stay

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vegasdreammakers
Vicki S, Manager at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Premier Inn, Uttoxeter
Your comments will be used to make improvements where possible
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us at Uttoxeter and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Marske By The Sea
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in Premier Inns before, but this was the first time here for two night Alton Towers Break. Room itself was very good, everything we needed, only negative it was a very hot day and 21 plus degrees in the room but couldn't have the window open due to the noise from main road outside. We tried the fan but noisy and with the air hot inside didn't really do any good. The bathroom itself left alot to be desired, very outdated, dirty old grout, stained worktop, shabby skirting boards, and marked paintwork could do with a complete makeover! On a plus, ideal for Alton Towers, great breakfast on both days, very comfy beds and lovely staff

sunderland
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 8/8/14. Chose the hotel simply because of it's proximity to Alton Towers which my wife and I visited the next day with our young son. We arrived quite late and so so ate in the attached pub which was pleasantly surprising as the food was nice. Staff we're very polite and friendly as was the receptionist I the main building (Bronwyn) who gave me some AT guides and wished me a pleasant trip and visit to AT.
My only gripe is precisely the point made boy other travellers namely room temp at the hotel. Very warm and the 2 fans we were greeted by in the room served only to circulate the warm air. It didn't stop a good nights sleep but may have a degree or two warmer so I can totally understand others comments on this subject.
Knew what we were getting here and we'd stay again for a visit to AT.
Breakfast was nice too. Wasn't great but decent quality, plenty of it and it set us up for the busy day ahead.
Shout up if any questions.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chumpySunderland
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Premier Inn, Uttoxeter
We will use your feedback to make improvements where possible
We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Uttoxeter
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a budget hotel which is ok for short stays.
The rooms are clean and the staff were ok.
However the room temp was extremely uncomfortable as there was no air conditioning and a supplied fan was filthy/full of dust. There is also some road noise from passing traffic but it is bearable.
The hotel is about a 15 - 20 minute drive to Alton Towers and a handy 2 minute drive into Uttoxeter town centre where ther are a few places to dine/eat. There is also a Starbucks, BK and Subway next door.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Premier Inn, you really do know what you are going to get, in regards to the rooms, I stay in so many its like a home from home. I never normally review them, because they are a chain, once you stayed in one you could be anywhere. It would be like reviewing MacDonalds! Anyway I thought I would review this one as the only real difference between one PI to another is the staff, and I thought the staff here needed a mention for being genuiely helpful and polite and a pleasant to deal with, right down to the "Take Care" as we left... well done team!

Room Tip: We had a room facing toward the car park and the wondow was open and the noise from the A50 was rela...
2 Thank WayneHansford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Alton Towers Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel? Share your experiences!