“brilliant stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“brilliant stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we stayed at the premier inn because we were going to splash landings at alton towers ..we went to the restaurant at 4.45pm and got our two childrens meals and deserts for free because we ordered before 5pm. The room was clean and didnt hear any traffic once the window was closed, breakfast was lovely and again kids eat free with adults breakfast purchased would definitely stay here again..you also get 30 minutes free wifi,

1 Thank 332Lins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I visited this hotel at the end of March this year with my partner and other members of my family (all in our late teens/ twenties). We stayed on a Sunday night because we were visiting Alton Towers the next day and it was perfect for that short stay. We arrived shortly after check in on the Sunday and the lady on the desk was very polite and helpful- she was able to tell us where everything was in Uttoexeter in case we wanted to go out for the evening.
The only bad thing really was that as it was a Sunday everywhere seemed to shut at 4pm so there wasn't a lot to do until the next morning when we went to Alton Towers.
The room itself was clean and nice enough, we booked three rooms in total and they were all together which was handy. I liked that there was a full sized bath as well as a shower in the bathrooms as not all hotels have these, especially not budget ones.
The only thing I could fault about the room was that the window was quite grimy but for £29 per room for the night I can put up with a dirty window!
Overall the room was good value and the two members of reception staff we came into contact with during our short stay were both very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay again as it's much closer to Alton Towers than the drive from home and it's worth it for the price (as long as you book far enough in advance).

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to a service station so if you're staying in the week and want a lie in...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here for a short break to Alton towers with my husband and children. the hotel is secure, 9 miles from Alton towers and offered us a decent place to stay for 2 nights.
It wasn't perfect but then again no budget hotel is going to be.
Positives - the Table Table restaurant is located next door if you want a heart breakfast to start your day, great location for going to Alton Towers, good car parking facilities, reasonably priced, not too noisy, friendly receptionist at check in.
Negatives - Broken toilet seat, the room gets too hot of an night time and no air conditioning (in my experience I think this is a common problem in Premier Inns) and my husband and I saw a rat run across the front of the building and when i reported the problem to reception they were aware and told me this was a problem of the hotel being in the countryside!
I didn't sleep so well but not sure if this is because of the pillows or the extreme heat. Overall the location was brilliant for where we wanted to be.

London
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Took the 3 kids to Alton towers and stayed over at premier inn.
Was advised on arrival that rooms were v hot and that 2 fans were in the room
Spent the evening with the door open and the window the 2cm that was allowed. Tried turning the fans off to sleep but it was unbearable do had to sleep in what sounded like a gale!
Slept (not sure I did) - facing the fans, on top of the duvets - which did mask the sorings that were trying to stick into my ribs. Boys had the double bed as it was nearest the fans. They slept the wrong way up to get the slight benefit the fans provided.
A good night sleep I did not get and I wish I'd read the reviews before I went because this is obviously an ongoing problem. It was not a hot day (20degrees max)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This particular hotel exceeded my expectation. Just 20-30 mins drive to Alton Towers, the hotel's location was very handy. The family room was spacious and my two kids loved their small beds. The only issue was with the temperature of the room which was uncomfortable without opening the windows for fresh air. Their was a fan which i thought was circulation hot air around. Overall i would recommend this place to anyone doing their business around that area.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have stayed in a number of Premier Inns over the last few years and up until last week I have to say we have never had a bad experience.
However, the Premier Inn at Uttoxeter did not live up to my expectations.
The check in staff were friendly and the breakfast service was good too ... but the rooms were unbearbly hot, and I mean unbearably hot.
It was 20 degrees outside on the day we arrived, yet our room was 28 degrees - and it stayed at this temperature throughout the night.
The hotel are clearly aware of the temperature issue and have sheets that you can get from reception to use, rather than the duvets. However, you only realise just how hot it is when you're in bed and can't sleep. So, why not put the sheets in the bedrooms already - rather than expecting guests to have to ask for them?
Neither myself, my husband nor my 2 children slept at all on the first night - I would have checked out rather than spending another night there but due to the Summer holidays there was no availability at any other local hotels.
We did get a refund for the first night and the hotel did swap out the fan for a quieter one and provide us with sheets for the second night - but even then it was still unbearbly hot (27 degrees).
I was really disappointed with the hotel and won't be staying again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

As always it met all the usual standards clean and comfortable with helpful staff only downside was it's one of the older ones and has no air con and even with two fans and sleeping under a sheet it was like sleeping in a sauna so did not sleep well at all so very nearly had to implement the good nights sleep guarantee but my partner wouldn't let me but if you go when the weather is cooler then you will have a pleasant stay

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vegasdreammakers
Vicki S, Manager at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Premier Inn, Uttoxeter
Your comments will be used to make improvements where possible
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us at Uttoxeter and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Alton Towers Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
White Hart Hotel
White Hart Hotel
#2 of 3 in Uttoxeter
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel? Share your experiences!