Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Bagshot Hotel(Bagshot)(Great Value!)
US$89
Agoda.com
US$63
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Camberley Hotel(Camberley)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
US$63
Travelodge
2,221 results
All reviewsascot barengland rugbyafternoon tealatymer restaurantpenny hill parkice roomchanging roomsjunior suitehuge bathroomcourse tasting menuindoor poolmichelin starfour poster bedbirthday treatunderwater musicsconesevery member of staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Pennyhill Park. We were very lucky and found the Secret Escapes deal, one night stay in a deluxe room, with dinner and breakfast included.
We arrived at midday on the Friday to make full use of the spa facilities. The spa was really amazing, I've been to a few spa's in the UK but none of them come close to PHP. We had the best day relaxing in the spa. Our deluxe room was lovely. So cute and unique. We had dinner in the Brasserie which was very nice and a couple of drinks in the Ascot Bar after (lovely cocktails) Breakfast the following morning was great, lots of choice and very yummy. The grounds are beautiful to walk around and we were very lucky with the weather on the Saturday, it felt like we were on holiday abroad not in Surrey, England.
Our plan was to spend the whole day in the spa on the Saturday and to lap up the sunshine in the outdoor hot tubs, but unfortunatley due to a family emergency we had to leave at lunchtime so our stay was cut short.
Thank you for a wonderful stay - PHP is a really special place and we hope to return again in the future to finish off our perfect weekend the right way! We have been talking about it non-stop to our friends and family and have recommended it to everyone we know :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Lolly
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and that you will be returning to us soon. I'm sorry you had to leave early but hope that we will be able to come back for another relaxing weekend. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple of nights at Pennyhill Park Hotel for what was supposed to be a relaxing break but we didn't get a wink of sleep. Our room was situated at the end of a corridor by a staircase and at night, we could hear everyone walking past chatting away, it was as though they were in the room with us. This went on till the early hours and was worse by the second night.

At check out we complained at reception and the unsympathetic young lady at reception merely responded "Oh, what a shame!". It's a shame that I didn't book the Premier Inn up the road where I would've been guaranteed a good nights rest.

I definitely will not be returning or recommending Pennyhill Park Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
8  Thank Liyastuck
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for posting your review but I am of course very sorry to hear of your disturbed nights sleep. I know that you are in discussions with our Guest Relations Manager but please do call me on 01276 478426 Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a magnificent building, surrounded by mature trees, creating a feeling of calm and tranquility. The staff are courteous and friendly; the rooms a good standard and comfortable. My only quibble is that nearly everything was slow - lunch, room service and reception.
The pool is big enough for a good swim, although crowded with lessons and club members in the afternoon. Treatments in the Spa need to be booked well in advance as they could only fit a half hour late in the afternoon.
Breakfast is the best part - a Macdonald Hotel stamp of quality!
i hope to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. Our Spa treatments are very popular and do need to be booked in advance along with lunch and dinner so that we can ensure that we deliver the service that you expect.
We very much look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for one night during a conference. Initially things looked good, attractive grounds and building. Obviously there is a little disruption with some building work taking place but that'd fine as it shows that they are investing in the property.

The staff were friendly and the food was really rather good.

However, it went downhill when I went to my room. With the exception of the fantastic wet room, the quality of the fixtures and fittings was sub-par compared to the public areas of the hotel.

The room was too warm on entry with a portable radiator switched on, plus there was a large floor fan next to the TV which all looked like an afterthought. The night light was not securely fitted to the wall, trying to find somewhere to put the kettle whilst my laptop was on the desk was impossible. Additionally there were a number of water stains on the desk which whilst not a major issue perhaps indicated a little lack of care.

The side tables were also quite small and a lot of room was taken up by the telephone, light switches and lamp, again not a major issue but it does complicate things when you try and find your glasses in the dark!

However, the bed was very comfortable and the quality of the linen was exceptional.

Overall if you were not paying a premium price then I would say Penny Hill Park was really rather good, however at £300 a night I would say it was not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank hebby

Dear Hebby
Thank you for your review following your stay with us. Your observation regarding the room and the layout of the facilities is much appreciated and our Housekeeping team will address these immediately. I am so pleased to hear that you found the bed exceptional and the food really good. We do often have special promotions and packages available on our website which include spa treatments and food allocations as part of the package which our guests do find to be of great value. I hope that you will consider returning to us in the future. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spent yet another utterly superb weekend at PHP last weekend! Everything about this hotel we just adore! Trust me...we have stayed several times now and each time it just gets better and better! Each time we go, there is something else I havn't seen before and it always feels like a new experience! The management and staff make every effort to make their guests stay first class and nothing is too much trouble! This time we noticed new carpets, fabrics and furnishings...which goes to prove that they never rest on their laurels in endeavoring to remain the BEST!!
We stayed in a beautiful room called Muirfield, which was upgraded for us, which had its own private little courtyard garden, overlooking the vast fields. Cupcakes were in our room on arrival AFTER we had just had an excellent cream tea! Delicious!!
Spa, food, staff, gym and service is second to none! Special thanks to Daniel at front reception who greeted us upon arrival and was very professional and made all the guests feel very welcome, we noticed, as do all their staff.
When me and my husband retire ( we hope to while we still young!) we are going to live there...if only!!
We hope to go again this year and every year...can't get enuf!
Anyone reading these reviews and wondering whether to visit...I urge you to stay in this terrific hotel...it would put Alex Polizzi's head in a spin!!
Thanks again to Mr Tomlin and all your fab staff!
Ian and Marcia xx

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian and Marcia
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am so pleased that the team looked after you so well again. As you say we keep updating aspects of the hotel so that there is always something new to experience. We have totally refurbished our Drawing room and created a Screening room, redecorated the Spa and added new rugs and furnishings and we are continually updating our bedrooms so that they are of the highest standards. We are just about to re-open our extended outside pool area as well which will be an amazing place to spend the summer days. We look forward to seeing you again this year. Kind regards Julian