“Awesome!!!”

Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Brilliant stay with excellent friendly staff and a must have stay in the Royal Ascot suite.
Breakfast was delicious and the atmosphere and the helpful team could not do enough.
True excellence.

Thanks you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy Y

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were lucky enough to have the most beautiful weather on our most recent visit to Pennyhill Park. Due to our previous stays we always go with high expectations of our trip and once again it lived up to our expectations
We stayed in a newly refurbished room which was elegantly furnished, spacious and extremely comfortable with a large well equipped bathroom. The renovations had finished in the spa since our last visit and we really noticed the improvements. The soft furnishings soften the large areas and everywhere looks welcoming and warm. As it was such a beautiful day we lay outside by the pool which was understandably very busy with people making the most of the lovely weather. My only slight criticism is that the service was incredibly slow for drink orders but I am guessing that it was unexpectedly busy and so perhaps there were not quite enough staff working. Additionally we visit the hotel for peace and relaxation and small children in the pool screeching rather spoilt the calm. Besides this we had a lovely day and thoroughly enjoyed the other facilities.
We had a pleasant dinner in the Brasserie and a great nights sleep followed by a wonderful breakfast. Pennyhill truly does offer a fabulous breakfast selection of great quality food that is well worth getting up for.
I am always sad to leave Pennyhill and am already trying to work out when I can next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We come to Pennyhill as a couple whenever we feel like having a really chilled and relatively healthy weekend. This is because the spa & pool area is lovely, especially since the outdoor space has been revamped with an outdoor pool and has plenty of space for sunbathing! It feels like you are away from everything and have space to relax and think.

The grounds are pretty, the spa amazing - the treatments feel like a real indulgence & the therapists are lovely, the gym is also a real selling point as its spacious with plenty of modern machines and lots of space for weights etc. They have a good selection of gym classes with nice Personal Trainers too, you can tell its good as lots of locals choose to use the gym.

The dining options slightly limited (if you stay for longer than 2 nights) but both restaurants/ options are great - the Latymer tasting menu is a real treat and fun experience - especially for a romantic evening, the Brasserie is a good everyday option and the breakfast/ lunch buffets are excellent - there is so much choice!
One thing I would say is that if you are coming for a super healthy weekend, it is a little bit of a struggle to find truly healthy dinner options - the spa has a café but the food isn't great & atmosphere lacking in comparison to the restaurants - plus the salads are only questionably "healthy" e.g. Caesar Salad. I don't think this is a big downside at all though, as I'm sure most people come here to indulge rather than be super healthy anyway! Plus I did not complain about the delicious cupcakes you find in your room on arrival (and again, the amazing desserts at the buffet..!) We also went to a local curry house for a treat, which was highly recommended by the staff. The bar at Pennyhill is also great, cocktail list is extensive and the bartenders nice.

I could go on about the many reasons why I love Pennyhill, but I think the real main reason we always have such a good time here is down to the lovely staff. They are all incredibly friendly, they go the extra mile to look after you and it always sticks in my mind how much difference they make to the experience as a whole!

If you are looking for a weekend away as a couple, or maybe somewhere to come for a special occasion lunch with family, I would highly recommend Pennyhill Park. We will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky16_green
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at Pennyhill Park Hotel for the bank holiday weekend break last Sunday. On entering the grounds of this luxurious country house hotel and spa, I was completely taken aback by the idyllic and peaceful setting of this venue.

The hotel staffs were very friendly and courteous. Suite was very spacious and tastefully decorated. Had nice relaxing Sunday lunch and wonderful dinner at the Brasserie restaurant. Unfortunately we were not able to get a booking at the Michelin starred Latymer restaurant on this occasion, but hopeful to visit again and enjoy dinner and this fabulous well talked about restaurant in the near future… Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the ambience of the Brasserie restaurant, which made up for it.

The restaurant had a very good wine selection to go with it too. The waiting staffs at the restaurant were very attentive and polite with a warm and welcoming smile on their faces, which was delightful.

Next day I booked myself in at the Spa for a “Reflexology” treatment and “Cocoon Wrap” treatment which were both simply “out of this world”... quite room with relaxing atmosphere & candle light. The Spa building was spectacular and one of the best spa facilities I have visited in a long time to come having stayed at other country spa hotels…

I thoroughly enjoyed the Jacuzzi at the pool area, steam room and relaxing in the quiet room after treatment. They also have beautiful outdoor open swimming pool for family and warm outdoor Jacuzzi too.

The lunch served at the Spa restaurant was fantastic too, not to mention the very tasty fresh smoothies being served. We spent the entire Monday morning and afternoon at the spa and left the hotel that evening.

I would most definitely recommend the Pennyhill Park Hotel to anyone looking for a truly relaxing spa break. It’s a perfect place for someone who needs relaxing break, alone, with their partners or family and look forward to visiting this place again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've read a couple of recent reviews, giving Pennyhill a poor rating and I have to say that I'm astonished. I returned to Pennyhill for a girls spa break and I couldn't fault it. The staff were attentive everywhere - reception were warm and welcoming, the bell boys chatty and couldn't do enough and the spa staff were lovely too. It was my friend's first time at the hotel and she was absolutely blow away - she will be returning with hubby and clients! High point of the stay was dinner and drinks in the Ascot Bar and Brasserie, with our waiter in the Ascot bar (Marcin) keeping us throughly entertained. The room had traditional decor - but for me, that's the beauty of staying at Pennyhill. It's a bit like Quality Street as you never know what type of room you will get! The beds were lovely and comfy and I could have spent hours under the shower. If I could stay at Pennyhill more often, I would - unfortunately I'd have to sell one of my children! However, I will be back again. Brilliant place.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I think we must have been allocated one of the worst rooms in the hotel, as it looked out onto the carpark and it was very dated in decor. The reception were not friendly at all, and the man there seemed more suited to working as an air host for Ryanair than a supposed 5 star hotel.
There were obviously not enough staff to cater to the amount of guests staying in the hotel which meant the service was poor. There were however a couple of staff members who were lovely at the pool area. I genuinely feel astounded that this hotel has been rated with 5 stars, considering that the staff were not attentive or friendly and anytime you asked them for something it was visibly a huge inconvenience.The food in the Brassie was not anything other than ordinary and I felt like I was in a school cantene. The worst thing about this hotel is the inconsistency, if you have a great spa facility, the hotel should match that standard. And even if some areas in the hotel do then all of it should.

4  Thank Eloise F
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Eloise, thank you for your review can I ask you to contact me personally to discuss the matters raised.
I look forward to speaking to you. Kind regards Julian
My direct line is 01276 478426.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. Superb hotel and rooms, extensive high quality spa facilities, excellent food (dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea) and brilliant & very attentive service. We could not fault our stay in any way. An ideal base to enjoy Ascot races (as we did), Wentworth etc. A big thank you to Laura Strathern (Guest Relations Manager) and all the staff at Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spar for making our weekend such a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear David, Thank you so much for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the special birthday celebrations. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to Laura.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Kind regards Julian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!