“Absolutely Amazing!”

Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Recently stayed here for my Wife's 30th birthday for a one night spa break… from the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more helpful.. was up upgraded when we arrived and the room was fantastic. due to my wife being 36 weeks pregnant she did find the room a bit too warm, so a visit to reception we were soon upgraded again to the most fabulous room (silver birch) with a bathroom you could only dream of! a special thanks you to "Rachael" front of house manager who couldn't do enough for us. Dinner was incredible and the spa was truly fantastic.. Looking forward to coming again soon! A*****

Room Tip: Silver birch (amazing bathroom!)
1  Thank Dean S
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Dean, Thank you very much for your fantastic review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I have passed on your thanks to Rachel. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's impossible to really convey how welcome this break was to my wife & I, it being the very first time she & I had spent alone in nearly 2 years... the short trip from our home in South London made Pennyhill Park an obvious and convenient choice.

The management at Pennyhill Park went above and beyond in terms of service, and we couldn't have been happier with our room (bar a couple of small snags that were due to its recent refurbishment). We benefited from being one of the very first to try the new "teardrop" bath in our "snowdrop" suite - just fantastic.

The spa is spectacular - beautifully laid-out and very well equipped facility where, again, the service was impeccable and the experience everything we could have hoped for.

A bit of a cock-up in the kitchen during our 2nd meal in the usually excellent brasserie was swiftly and satisfactorily dealt with by the wonderful waiting and management staff - really turning a potential negative into a resounding positive... a model in customer relationship management!

I very much hope that my wife & I will not have to wait another 2 years for such glorious solitude, and I am sure that when that time comes again it'll be back to Pennyhill park for us!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alex, Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you both back and as you say we hope it's sooner rather than later. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had a really lovely girly time at Pennyhill during our pamper stay last weekend, on the 8/9/10th June.

We were so lucky with the weather , as it was hot & sunny the entire time.
We didn't want our break to end.

This is a great location outside of London that offers :

A 5* luxury residence with beautiful rooms, stunning grounds, incredible service, delicious Michelin 2* dining , and a super luxe spa with indoor & outdoor facilities.

My last stay was with our team last February 2014, which was also fabulous .
On this occasion my friend Claire & I were celebrating her graduation & my belated birthday .

I'd like to personally thank a few key members of the Pennyhill team who went the extra mile for us during our stay.

Thank you so much to Laura at Reservations for upgrading our room to "Troon" , an absolute delight, with our welcome chocolate treats.

John & Stephen from the concierge team who were really friendly & helpful.

Doris at breakfast as she always brightens my day & no one should consider starting their day without her !

George at The Ascot Bar, the best mixologist there is. he gave me a hot toddy back in February which cured my bad cough & allowed me my first full nights sleep in months !

Clare & Grace in the Spa who really gave their best in regards to the massages that I had booked.
They were really excellent .

Claire & I will definitely be returning for another Spa Day before this autumn.

I just wish I lived a little closer, maybe a Bagshot or Ascot resident as I would certainly treat myself to a annual spa membership.

If I could only check in to Pennyhill every weekend..........
I can dream ........

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your visits to Pennyhill and have experienced our restaurants, magnificent bedrooms and the wonderful spa. I have shared your thanks with the team and we all look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent service and level of detail on all matters. From the welcome to the attention to detail, an excellent place to stay, eat and relax. The hotel might not justify the price without the Spa - many of the purpose built modern hotels have bigger rooms with more mod-cons - but then it has the excellent Spa so let's not be picky...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We decided to come here for a joint birthday / relaxing weekend away and were not disappointed. It was an expensive weekend, with a meal at the Latymer on the Friday and also at the Brasserie on the Saturday, spa treatments, drinks, lunches etc.
The spa is excellent - even the changing facilities feel opulent. The various pools were not overly busy despite being there on a beautiful weekend in June. It feels like this hotel is built around the spa facilities, despite the restaurant having 2 michelin stars, a 9 hole golf course and shooting facilities to name just a few other reasons for visiting.
I guess most weekends there will be weddings being hosted, so be prepared to share the more communal areas such as the main bar area with a real mix of guests.
The Latymer was surprisingly not as busy as I would have expected - worth exploring the tasting menus.
There were a few families around, and children are certainly not unwelcome, however the majority of the guests were couples or groups (mostly there for the spa or for weddings).
Definitely recommended as a weekend away.

Room Tip: I think the rooms seem to be well spread across the estate - it largely depends on the purpose of yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and experienced the spa and restaurants that we have at Pennyhill. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My Husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a weekend at Pennyhill Park. It was truly memorable and I have nothing but praise for the Staff and service received. We were made to feel that we were the only couple that had ever celebrated an occasion with them. They literally could not have done more to make our stay so special and memorable. The staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We were invited in an email from Pennyhill Park to comment on our stay and choose a staff member who stood out for us. This was impossible to do as every member of staff did their job impeccably. The grounds are fantastic to stroll around and the spa changing rooms are luxurious and to be experienced. The food is fantastic and the bar area has such a lovely atmosphere in which to relax after dinner with a coffee. We didn't wait an unacceptable amount of time for service, but even if you did, in such a chilled out and relaxing environment what else would you be doing. All in all we cannot praise this haven highly enough and cannot wait to return in the not too distant future. Thanks Pennyhill Park.

1  Thank 268Sue

Dear Sue
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary and thank you for choosing Pennyhill Park to host your special occasion. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Luxuriously comfortable surroundings, beautiful views, great hospitality, if you have a fancy car it would be safe, excellent fine dining, there was not one thing that I could dislike... I dont play golf, but my American buddy did and said he would come back time and time again. A place where you can dress to impress, I loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards Julian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!