We arrived on Friday late afternoon, treating us for a romantic break from hectic London. The arrival was unpleasant as the team was flat out with late departures, arrivals, function guests etc. After 10 min wait for a luggage porter to show us to our room we gave up and reconnoitred ourselves. The idea of theming your rooms after botanical names is cute but unpractical - no logic for the non Alan Titchmarch minded guests, also, signage is not very much found. Given that you have a lot of - very friendly and accommodating housekeeping staff - you have to admit, that Pine Tree, Palm Tree, Pear Tree can be easily misinterpreted. No joy with Arrival.
The room was functional, well equipped, the most elaborate shower I have seen short of Las Vegas (themed and multi-led light settings). No mini-bar though - I don't like to have tea with warm milk in the morning but waiting for Room Service to deliver???? Needs improvement
The Fine Dining Restaurant - Latymer - was exceptional, the only question I have - why offering only 2 tasting menus, I rather prefer a smaller selection - selection is the keyword here. The sommelier is brilliant, charming, well versed and very competent in matching food and wine - worth the money and certainly the 2 Michelin stars!
Breakfast was brutal - buffet style and loud, it felt more like a mess-hall, same as the Spa...hence my title: the pool and recreation facilities are vast, a ton of treatment rooms ( our treatment was nice and the therapist pleasant, but nothing exceptional)- because this place is like a factory on weekends! Too many people running around, the out-door pool has 120 odd sunlounges - goodbye romantic togetherness...unless, you like this kind of brake ( like a cruise ship).
All in all a nice break, excellent food and welcoming staff members, but chose your time to relax and romance or party wisely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments, afternoon tea in the Ascot Bar, lunch and dinner in The Brasserie and is a perfect venue for weddings, conferences and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park, An Exclusive Hotel & Spa Bagshot, Surrey