We recently visited Pennyhill Park, I had visited before about 5 years ago but had forgotten just how amazing this spa hotel was. On driving up the tree lined driveway we were met with a feeling of complete tranquility. The grounds are immaculate. Check in was quick, smooth and easy - the receptionist was very friendly and smiley. We were shown to our room by a very informative and friendly bellboy which was a lovely suite, beautifully decorated with a lovely few of the grounds and outdoor pool with a tv in each room including the bathroom which my husband was very happy with as he could watch sports even in the bath!
As we were celebrating my husbands birthday we were greeted in the room with a lovely personalised chocolate cake and a handwritten greeting card, I thought this was a nice and thoughtful touch and continued the feeling of a small hotel feel even though it is actually quite large hotel.
All areas of the hotel including our suite, the communal areas, restaurants, bar etc were beautifully decorated and again just like the grounds immaculate.
We visited the spa on both days and wow, everything about this place was amazing from the numerous pools, to the outside area, herbal sauna, ice cave and much more. There were lovely touches such a free apples and waters and the changing rooms were great with hair dryers and ghd's, endless supply of towels, robes and slipper with staff always on hand to help.
My husband thoroughly enjoyed his massage, saying it was one of the best he had ever had. The sensory room was a great find, 5 waterbeds and just candles in a cosy room was a brilliant place for an afternoon nap.
We took dinner in the Brasserie which was very enjoyable and they were very accommodating even though we were 25 minutes late. Dinner was served at a nice pace and not rushed with helpful and friendly staff - our waitress was fantastic - I cant recollect her name but she was a young girl with brown hair, she was extremely informative and helpful when we were making our selections. The food was a grill affair, starters we took a terrine and a feta salad special - delicious. The main course however was the star of the show - beef fillet with bbq jacobs ladder and sweet potato fries, gorgeous and just the right size. we managed to squeeze in puddings of a chocolate panacotta and a creme brulee, again well presented and tasted great. Good wine selections and we were able to finish our wine in the ascot bar which was lovely as they had a pianist.
We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay and cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments, afternoon tea in the Ascot Bar, lunch and dinner in The Brasserie and is a perfect venue for weddings, conferences and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park, An Exclusive Hotel & Spa Bagshot, Surrey