“If your not a famous celebrity do not expect to be treated well”

The Spa at Pennyhill Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Bagshot
More attraction details
Owner description: Blend together 45,000 sq. ft. of pure relaxation with unrivalled five star facilities including eight indoor and outdoor pools (one with underwater music), a thermal heaven heat experience and treatments that are just as 'feel good' as they are effective and you have the most perfect spa experience you could wish for. Recently voted Best Spa for Luxury 2015 by The Good Spa Guide.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“If your not a famous celebrity do not expect to be treated well”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I found the property stunning and the facilities excellent. However the staff were sloppy and times down right rude! We were not treated with respect and when we voiced our concerns we were asked to write it all down in a report. It was absurd I do not work for them so why I was preparing a detailed report about the actions of their staff was ridiculous. Then to make it worse the staff member whom I complained to who should of course been able to remember what I said to her. She then decided to show all the other staff what I had written, as I was a full member of the spa I found this very inappropriate. I was also told off for singing while I had a shower. Again terribly rude disrespectful people.

7 Thank theone333

Guildford, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a super treat day out. Not cheap as the treatments are at the high cost end of the scale but they are also at the excellent end too. Not everything was working when we were there but it certainly didn't spoil the trip. The pools are gorgeous and the outdoor bit fun.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was looking forward to a nice birthday treat, but ended up being a bit of a disaster. Wife and I arrived with 3 month old baby hoping for a nice break and introduce the baby for a swim. However on arriving at the spa we are told it is an adult spa only :(. Not mentioned in their website (not that i could find).... apparently mentioned in a confirmation email in the small print After we had booked.

The suite we had was very nice, however the cot that was offered never arrived and at 10:30pm when we got back to our room, we couldn't be bothered to ask again. Also the room had been turned down ....great, until we looked where the top blankets and cushions had been placed.....on the floor in the corner of the room.....nice and hygienic...not!

We stayed on a Sunday, so had the Sunday buffet lunch....it was OK nothing special.....lunch at Harrods is ten times better. The manager of the restaurant was very nice and attentive when he was around. However the restaurant was large and seemingly understaffed.....our small table became full of empty dirty plates and took the waiters several reminders to clear them away. 5 star prices but 3 star service.

I had planned to play the nine hole course and my wife take the baby for a swim obviously we couldn't so left early on Monday morning.

I did write an email of complaint and received a 20% discount off future bookings, but as they were running a larger discount online when we booked....it was a pretty much meaningless offer. Why they won't simply state on their web page that their spa is an adult only one is beyond comprehension.

Very poor customer service in my opinion.

5 Thank Emdr888
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best spa experience ever”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place for a relaxing day. The staff friendly attentive and knowledgeable. Never had such divine changing rooms and all the trimmings you get luxury dressing gowns and towels and those little extras like apples to help yourself too. Wonderful spa we stayed 3 days and spent all of it at the spa what a wonderful time and didn't want it to end. Can't wait to go back next year!

Visited September 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointing Spa day”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Compare to what me and my partner experienced several time with The Grove, Penny Hill's spa is rather a big disappointment considering it is 5 star hotel. They should train their therapists more. I mean, the therapists don't know how to release the knot. We used a treatment called 'De-stress Hot Stone Massage' - they only used the hot stone for 5 minutes. If anyone has gone to The Grove, they will agree The Grove greet people differently, they really try to understand what I went through and what I need and they give me time to settle before the treatment begins. Lacking those details really change the whole experience. This will be our last spa with Penny Hill.

5 Thank Chloe C