“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Camberley B&B and Inns
Warrington, United Kingdom
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

On arrival I was late best laid plans down the pan we could still access our rooms. When Jane arrived home she came in to greet us lovely lady very pleasant made me feel welcome. We not only had the use of the room with a fridge we also had use of kitchen/dining room. This is a great asset as we did not have to get takeout, the breakfast that was free with the room a good selection available. bathrooms are shared there are two toilet and shower. My young granddaughter age 2 was very comfortable with the surroundings loved the view out of the dining room window beautiful garden also the sky package she loved childrens programmes later in the evening films for us. There is a wooded military area a little further up the road we had a lovely walk and the following morning myself and my daughter went for a run. The shopping centre Aldi, Lidl, Tesco extra is only 5mins away. Looking forward to our next stay in June. Thank you Jane, A big thank to your housekeeper who waited an hour for us to arrive i rang the number for the b/b the lady gave me information to let myself and family into our rooms

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jusaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I highly recommend Abacus B&B - I had a great stay there. Jane is really kind and helpful and made my stay very relaxed (especially as I was starting a new job at the time) The kitchen is a rel bonus and means you don't have to live on take out, and the sky package meant the evenings were spent watching great movies.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruth S
Coimbra, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed there with my husband last weekend and it was really nice. We got the house just for the two of us - I don't think it would have been equally good if there were other people using the shared bathrooms as well. You have to take a road with a sign saying it's a military property and go a little further, it's a little strange but the area is pretty. Be aware that you have to make your own breakfast (that's why it's available at any hour!) but there are several choices of cereals, jams and bread. The room was a bit small, but clean and tidy. We had a nice view to the backyard with the woods, but the daylight in the morning was rather annoying (the blinds didn't block the light enough). There's a Tesco near by where you can buy food and cook at the hotel if you want to. We had to arrive at 10pm and Jane had no problem with it, wich was excellent. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at Abacus B&B on a number of occasions whilst working at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. Jane is welcoming and friendly. Each of the rooms has a fantastically comfy bed (and bedding). I love the fact that there is a fridge in my room with juice, milk, water and breakfast options. Each room has wifi, sky and great quality TVs and a DVD player. I was a little uncertain about the shared bathrooms initially - but there are 3 bedrooms for 2 bathrooms and I have never had to wait or bumped into anyone else in the communal areas.
Suffice to say, when I am coming to work, this B&B is my first point of call. Many thanks Jen

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane H, Owner at Abacus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thanks Jen for a super review and for staying at Abacus.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at abacus for 4 nights while working away. As I arrived I pulled up dark unlit bumpy road and was worrying and soon as I got there I was made welcome and at home when I met Jane the owner. Shes so welcoming and kind. She showed me where around and the b&b was so clean with fully equipped and stocked fridge with variety of breakfast choices that was available at any time. Then to my room that was clean with everything you need hair dryer towels dvd player nice warm comfy bed, fridge, tv sky hd and movies, table and 2chairs if you dont want to eat in the kitchen. B&b was like a home from home leaving door unlocked to go out for fag. Stayed alone as young girl and felt so safe there. Would love to visit again to see jane and the dog. Maybe he can have some chicken from me again :)

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane H, Owner at Abacus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thanks Lucy. It was great having you to stay. Red loved the chicken you gave him. Yum, yum.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed one night 19/09/13, Jane was very welcoming and showed me around and where everything was. The room and the whole place was very clean and tidy. Quiet location and would stay again next time I am there on a business trip.......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Spotlessly clean, crisp cotton sheets, everything except a full English breakfast which I frankly not want when away from home on business. This is not a fancy boutique B and B. It is a home from home (but cleaner an quieter!). Why on earth would you choose a grotty hotel over this?. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camberley
Premier Inn Camberley Hotel
#2 of 2 in Yateley
Days Inn Fleet M3
Days Inn Fleet M3
#3 of 4 in Fleet

Been to Abacus Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!