“Fantastic Guest House”

Hatsue Guest House
Hatsue Guest House
Ranked #2 of 7 Camberley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013

An extremely charming little oasis amongst the hustle and bustle of Camberley. The room was immaculate and very well equipped with TV, DVD, free wifi and bottled water and Hatsue was a perfect host. It is 10 mins walk from the Old Staff College, RMAS so is perfect for a base to attend a function. We had a lovely stay and would happily visit again, it's excellent value for money and very professionally run.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris C

Reviewed 15 July 2013

A great little Japanese run guest house.
Worth mentioning are the nice selection in the rooms inclusing hot chocolate and bottled water, a fridge in each room with a freezer compartment and a DVD player and DVD library.
very unintrusive and more hotel-like. Breakfast is great the omelette was japanese style i.e. slightly swwet which i really liked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank samrad999
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our second stay at Hatsue Guest House and it was just as good as last year. The owners, Hatsue and Michael, were very accommodating and made our stay a real pleasure. Great breakfast and plenty of places to eat nearby - only a minute's walk to The Atrium in Camberley town centre. Rooms are very clean with comfortable beds and quality bed linen. We have already booked again for next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I only stayed there for 1 night. But I was very impressed.
First impression: quite easy to access from the railway station, the house looks really nice from the outside, although you do not see the garden at first.
The inside is tastefully decorated and gives one the sensation of peace and quiet. The room I had (no 2) was quite large, nice and sunny - facing the garden. I have to tell you: I woke up (after a peaceful night) to the singing of the birds, and I really felt like the day that just started was going to be a happy and energetic one.
There were a lot of useful things in the room: tea set, toiletry set, fridge, that were a nice surprise for me.
Breakfast was a bliss! I received a small questionnaire when I arrived, to fill in for the breakfast, and I usually do not have a lot in the morning, but I selected a boiled egg, tea, and yoghurt from the list. When I came down in the morning, the breakfast room was set, and there were all the needed things for a quiet and enjoyable breakfast. The owner brought me the toast, tea and egg - which was actually fresh from their own hens (that one can see in the back of the house, but only if you really try :)). A delight!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Miruna E
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My girlfriend and I recently spent a night here as we were travelling to attend a ceremony at Sandhurst. From the outset we were greeted by one of the friendly owners and were settled in our room within a matter of minutes. When I say room, I should say suite as we not only had a large ensuite bedroom with doors opening out onto a beautifully manicured garden, but we also had our own separate kitchen had we wished to use it. The bed was large and very comfortable, the flatscreen TV enormous had we wanted to watch TV, and there was enough space in the room for us both to get into our glam rags without tripping over each other or the furniture. The following morning breakfast was fantastic, the chickens in the garden generously provided the eggs, and the remaining items were equally delicious. I also had a very enjoyable chat with the owner that I hadn't met the day before. In all, I can wholeheartedly recommend staying here, places like Premier Inn or Travel-lodge pale in comparison to the warm welcome, great rooms and fantastic breakfast that the Hatsue Guest House has to offer.

Room Tip: While the room beside recption is fantastic and has it's own kitchen attached to it you should b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Virologue
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I Stayed here for a night as I was late booking my room when my friends commissioned from Sandhurst. I was expecting a basic B&B but what I had was a lovely hotel experience with a nice en-suite, well equipped room and good breakfast the next day. All in all, very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tremma_12
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I spent one night here while visiting friends and was very impressed. The room was spotless, the bathroom was too. It was at least as good as many high quality hotels I have stayed at.
Conveniently close to town it was nevertheless very quiet (personally I think this is very important) and the breakfast was perfect - luckily I don't stay there often or I would put on a few pounds.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 105MikeS105
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camberley
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Camberley
Travelodge Camberley
#4 of 7 in Camberley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Hatsue Guest House? Share your experiences!