Well where do I start, most importantly I suppose was the extraction of funds (Twice) from my account. Luckily my wife noticed that 'McDonalds' had taken the money for an advanced booked weekend once by their central office and again by Frimley Hall. When we contacted the hotel and informed them we were asked to wait and when they came back on the phone they said that the money had only been taken from our account once. Obviously now we were pretty 'unimpressed' and asked them to check again and they came back with the same answer and requesting us to send a copy of our bank statement for them to check. The following month they then re-embursed our account with the money they had over-charged sending us an email to say we had been re-credited but with no apology!
On booking into the hotel we were ushered up to a room in the 'annex' for want of a better word and although the room was clean and comfortable it was pretty 'cramped'. We had booked in for two nights for a friends wedding along with another couple and to be honest we were all bitterly disappointed, breakfast on both mornings was to say the least an 'ordeal' waiting for ages, ordering and re-ordering, eventually recieving breakfast but no toast, tea or coffee and even when asking several staff several times on both days they just couldn't get it right - it was a complete shambles! We actually had dinner on the first night and we 'suffered' a similar experience and they actually tried to bill both parties when departing at the end of our stay for the overall cost of the evening meal!
Also a £10 credit note they had given us for booking online was never 'honoured' when we booked out, which another farce as people were queuing for up to 20 minutes to pay their bills with the 'formed' queue extending up the stairs at one time. The staff were friendly and totally apologetic each time but overal it was a total farce and they all need far better training than they had already recieved and although I give it an average rating I feel that I'm being 'over' generous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey