My girlfriend and I spent three nights over the Valentines weekend at the Frimley Hall Hotel. As soon as we arrived at the check in they didn't have the booking information that I had when I booked online, so I had to show them the confirmation email I had on my phone. I had also booked some surprise spa treatments for my girlfriend for each day of our stay, which the receptionist then read out and had spilled the beans about, so there and then the surprise was ruined. Later that night we went to the Linden restaurant for dinner, the menu is limited however, the food was good. Once in bed there was a constant noise coming from the extractor in the bathroom which you couldn't turn off and therefore having to close the door every night before bed.
Day two of our "relaxing" weekend away we were rudely awakened by a phone call to the room we were staying in at 6am to let us know a car (that we didn't order) was waiting for us outside! It took us a while to fall back to sleep, especially from the shock of an unexpected loud phone call so early in the morning and also because of the ridiculously soft mattress that sagged in the middle like a poorly made cake.
Day three, house keeping were keen on servicing the rooms everyday which we were fine with apart from when we refused on this particular morning as we wanted to sleep in because we were exhausted and the weather was rubbish, I thought they would have enough time to service the room while we were out having breakfast and at the spa having a treatment but we felt quite harassed when we received a blunt letter slipped through the bottom of our door from the house keeping manager about us refusing to let them clean the room first thing in the morning.
Upon checking out its a good job I checked the bill as I was hit with a bill just under £200 more than I had anticipated and of course I got the manager to cross reference with the booking with the confirmation email on my phone and the receipts from the restaurant and bar, they had charged us for meals and drinks on a day we had gone out for the day, turns out someone else who was staying at the hotel had knowingly signed receipts to our room's account (but had not printed a name) for food and drinks, which made me question the hotel's security and professionalism as to why they hadn't checked the signed receipts before presenting us with the final bill. The manager did apologise, removed the food and drinks we didn't actually have and the discretionary service charges (which I obviously wasn't going to pay anyway) and discounted two breakfasts' which I was happy-ish about but I would have preferred that everything had run smoothly and feeling relaxed instead of leaving annoyed and irritated.
The rooms and public areas are dated and could do with a revamp, we had to recharge our card keys at reception every time we wanted to get into our room because they never worked which was tedious and particularly annoying because it was a bit of walk from our room to reception. There wasn't much to do in the hotel and overall quite boring considering their location, they might have had something more to do round the hotel. The spa was ok, I had a decent "full" body massage at the spa, but my head and feet were hardly touched, I've had better massages for a cheaper price, it defiantly could have been better for the price they charge. Overall it was overpriced and disappointing. I shan't be returning and I therefore wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey