My best friend came over from Ireland so I treated her to a relaxing night away and we weren't disappointed. This charming hotel is easy to find and very peaceful. The gym, pool and spa facilities are available for use so we made the most of our time there. The gym and the spa are perfectly adequate but the pool was a lovely surprise as it is a good size for a swim. The shower facilities at the pool are fine but I love to have proper shampoo and condition available for use rather than hair and body shampoo (to avoid the frizz), but that's just me.
In the early evening, we were looking forward to a cup of tea in the bar but were astonished that the cost was £4 for a pot. We couldn't actually find anyone to serve us though so took ourselves back to our room to use the complimentary tea service in there.
For dinner we booked into the Linden Restaurant. The food was very tasty and presented beautifully. The food and the wine list were on the pricey side though so be prepared to spend. Our meal came to £90 for two including wine by this was two courses but it was well worth it and I would recommend having a meal here. The breakfast was also very good quality with plenty of choice.
The room was clean and comfortable and we both slept very well. I would definitely recommend for a good value getaway or if you need somewhere to stay in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey