2,282 results
All reviews linden restaurant lovely hotel lovely grounds relaxing stay no lift following morning wedding ascot venue
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Saw this was similar price to a Travelodge /Premier Inn in the area. Room was comfortable - a little tired but that's expected of a building of this age. Dinner had a choice of only 4 main courses, food was average-good. Bed was comfy. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Probelm in the morning - boiler had broken and no hot water. Surely a note under the door when this was discovered would have prevented guests from getting a cold watershock!!. Was offered a voucher for 20% off to be sent by email but it hasnt come yet

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you, MacSpecQueen, for your review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am pleased to see that you found the bed comfy and the team to be helpful. I am sorry, however, about the hot water situation. We had a boiler failure on the Tuesday night which impacted everyone on the Wednesday morning. Could I ask you to contact me on gm.frimleyhall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk so that I can organise the voucher for you?

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again soon at the Macdonald Frimley Hall hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Awful facilities, poor food and drink, upgraded room was a joke! We found a restaurant outside of the hotel in the nearby town to eat and drink instead, avoid this place!

We complained and were offered a free trip back which we turned down, that’s how bad this place is, I wouldn’t stay there again for free.

If you are looking to unwind and relax, this is not the place for you!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you, matt0367, for your review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

Whilst I appreciate your honest feedback it isn't particularly detailed and consequently it is difficult to make any further comments. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about your feedback so that I can fully understand what happened. Please could you contact me on gm.frimleyhall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again soon at the Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Outside of main hotel looks lovely and very easy to check in. Booked a Feature Suite at £200 per night for 2 nights. First thoughts were that it was jaded but still nice and plenty big enough....bedroom, lounge, bathroom, long hallway. Bright and sunny as above main entrance so nice view of the limited grounds. However once settled in began to notice various anomalies.....bedside lampshades didn't fit properly so every time you touch the lamp it fell off, windows didn't shut properly (that's why there were so many heaters in the rooms), tiles in bathroom were cracked and corners of bath/shower silicone were mouldy, sofa really uncomfortable & old. Elemis products in room (very nice) but not replaced when used by my husband & I. Coffee in machine limited & no idea whether I was making caffeinated or decaff! Tea bags also limited & 2 milks (had to ring room service if wanted more). All in all very 'tired' and not worth £200 but pleasant enough, if that makes sense.
Staff young & no idea of customer service. Husband had Buddha Prawns for dinner & got 2 prawns lol. Complained, heard chef 'f'ing & blinding & got 3 prawns.....if it wasn't that it cost £8 for 3 prawns and salad it would have been funny!! After complaining three times eventually got the prawns removed from the bill.
Key cards to room kept locking us out. Told by Reception Staff that it was because we put them near our mobile phones.....no we didn't! Got a little fed up having to go back to Reception from the top floor every time we wanted to get in our room.
Asked for a Rum & Coke at the bar & received it in a half pint glass. Asked if it was possible to have a smaller glass & it was slammed on the counter.
Heard lots of complaints throughout our stay & all of a similar nature.
Breakfast in room first morning was wonderful however breakfast on Sunday atrocious.....bacon not cooked & everything cold & hard.
Attitude generally was pretty poor except from one particular manager who was helpful, accommodating & polite. Following a chat with said manager, who agreed with all I had said & apologised profusely, we did get a reduction in our bill. However I didn't complain for that. I complained because it does no favours for the hotel. I am polite & calm; I would not want to be on the end of a complaint from someone irate!!!
My husband & I spend a lot of time in 4 & 5 star hotels and this one fails dramatically in comparison. Such a shame as it has the potential to be beautiful. The blame has to fall directly with Macdonald - invest more time & money into your hotels & staff & reap the benefits that will follow. We wont be returning which is really sad.

Room tip: Rooms front of hotel best as sunny & in original building. Rear building modern & dark. Feature rooms best.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank babybunny95

Thank you, babybunny95, for your fair review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am sorry to see that you had such a mixed stay with us and that there were so many shortfalls in delivery. I would be very grateful if you could contact me on gm.frimleyhall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk as I would like to speak to you in more detail about your stay as I cannot pinpoint when/where you stayed.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The good stuff:
Very clean. Given complementary upgrade as there had been a mistake (mine) on booking a double room when a twin was required. The delightful Hannah on reception was kind and extremely helpful.
Lovely bedding. Thick towels- I hate thin rubbish towels.
Friendly, professional helpful staff on the bar and in the restaurant who all seemed to be working very hard.
Dinner was superb- compliments to the chefs please if the hotel reads this. It was beautifully presented and tasted delicious without overloaded plates.
Breakfast also fab and what a joy to be served a hot breakfast.
The not so great stuff which is why it gets four stars not five:
The spa attached to the hotel is okay but can't really be described as luxury (not that it was but disappointing if your primary reason for booking is the spa)
The music wasn't working so we had silence during a massage which was odd. The music in the changing room was full on 'gym work out' (there is also a gym here) but not conducive to feeling chilled for a massage. We could also hear this vibration in the relaxation room! The treatments were okay.
Unfortunately, one of the reception staff was very good at being super efficient but not very good at being empathic, having no idea how to respond to a guest when an error had been made by the hotel Head Office/Spa. I'm sure her heart was in the right place but she needs some serious training on how to interact with guests.
Overall a very nice stay and excellent value with Secret Escapes. We would stay again but avoid the Spa

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you, Erica G, for your kind review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Hannah was able to look after you so well. Thank you for your comments about the Spa and Leisure facilities and please be assured that we have taken steps to make things better.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Just a lovely day at the spa for me and my partner

The greet at reception was so lovely I think her name was Lisa?

The treatments were superb and the therapists were lovely

Facilities were nice and quiet also very clean

Pure lovely day, we will be returning

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tasha S
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you, Tash S, for your fantastic review after your recent visit to the Spa at the Hotel.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the Spa team looked after you so well!