2,307 results
All reviews linden restaurant lovely hotel wedding reception lovely grounds relaxing stay steam room and sauna no lift following morning ascot therapist venue
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter & I had a wonderful Spa Day, a gift from my husband, with Afternoon Tea & a glass of Prosseco included (we upgraded from a Cream Tea for £5 each). We spent time in the Relaxation Room just being quiet & drinking herbal tea & later had a swim in the pool, which was very quiet. All of the staff we came into contact with were extremely friendly & accommodating.The highlight of the day was the amazing treatments & knowledge of my therapist AMANDA. She was professional at all times & yet warm & I felt thoroughly at ease with her. Ì opted for two treatments instead of one in one hour included with our gift. Firstly I had a moisturizing facial which was so wonderful & Amanda answered my questions knowledgably. I then had the back & shoulder massage which was so sublime I think I drifted off into a calmer & quieter world, otherwise known as, falling asleep! I had filled in the registration form on entering the spa & signified I would like a medium to firm massage, which is exactly what was given. The 'knots' were teased out & every professional movement flowed into the next. When my session came to an end, I was provided with water & left to get dressed leisurely. At no stage did I feel rushed. Plenty of parking, we went on a friday, although I guess this could change day dependant. Sadly there was no spa pool & the changing rooms, particularly the wooden seating & lockers could do with upgrading, or treating. Work was being done in the room we had our Afternoon Tea, although the hotel had made an effort not to disrupt our enjoyment of the beautiful & tasty treats by putting us in an alcove away from it, the drilling still penetrated at times, In no way did this detract from our day though. Thank you husband for a wonderful bonding session with my 33 year old daughter.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Andriasandjackie
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you, Andrlasandjackie, for your amazing review after your recent visit to the Hotel for one of our Spa days.

I am really pleased to read that you, and your daughter, had such an amazing time with us. I am also really pleased to read that Amanda looked after you so well - I know she will be very pleased to hear that! We are in a process of gradually "upgrading" our facilities and the changing rooms are definitely on the list. It is great to also see that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea. There was some maintenance work taking place and, unfortunately, it isn't always possible to be quiet when work is being carried out but I am glad it didn't detract from your day.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again soon at the Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We have visited the hotel for the first time this month. The staff is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very clean and the food was delicious. We have used the leisure failities and we had a very relaxing time.
We will defenetley return at Frimley Hall soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you, 190tInatina, for your brilliant review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your first visit to the Hotel and the team, the bedrooms, leisure facilities and the food all stood out for you.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again soon at the Macdonald Frimley Hall hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely massage . Friendly staff . Pool clean and empty of people . Changing rooms are not nice . Rather dirty and cramped .
Afternoon tea was very nice . Service ok . Though did not like sitting in lounge as lots of men and a couple of women all on lap tops working and every time u laughed u got the look from the them . Felt very uncomfortable. Also as very quiet in there could here complete conversation from couple next door from there looses of partners to there complete private life . Need to sort out a better room guys . Apart from that a nice day

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you, ladymarsh, for your review after your recent visit to the Spa at the Hotel.

I am really pleased to see that your treatment was good, the team was friendly and you thought the pool area was clean. Your comments about the Afternoon Tea part of your Spa Day have been taken on board and I am sorry that you were asked to have this in the Lounge. We have recently changed the location of any Spa Day catering to the Restaurant and I think this may have got forgotten when you were with us.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The Frimley Hall Hotel was just the ticket!
With online booking and friendly professional staff looking after you, our single night stay was seamless.
There was nothing too difficult for the staff. Always with a smile they could not have been more helpful.
The impressive foyer and squeaky floors added to the ambiance. So did the rain outside.
Our room was spotless. The bed, amazingly comfortable.
Breakfast was a little crowded but a request to sit in the adjacent drawing room (set up for breakfast) proved a quiet haven and very relaxing. The buffet breakfast covered all tastes. I was impressed with the large mushrooms- so much nicer than little buttons. A man of simple pleasures!
I didn’t notice an elevator. Nor did the lady using a single crutch on the second floor.
We were dining at RMA Sandhurst which was a short taxi ride. The parking at this hotel is located around the hotel building so access can be a little fraught.
All in all a great venue particularly if you are attending RMA Sandhurst.
Two words - Staff & Comfort.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you, Ben L, for your kind review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the team looked after you so well. I am also more than pleased to see that we were able to enjoy our breakfast in comfort. Breakfast, especially at the weekend, can get a little busy but we are trying different options to make the peak times a little less "frantic"!

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will see you again soon at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel and Spa.

Kind regards,

Iain

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Saw this was similar price to a Travelodge /Premier Inn in the area. Room was comfortable - a little tired but that's expected of a building of this age. Dinner had a choice of only 4 main courses, food was average-good. Bed was comfy. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Probelm in the morning - boiler had broken and no hot water. Surely a note under the door when this was discovered would have prevented guests from getting a cold watershock!!. Was offered a voucher for 20% off to be sent by email but it hasnt come yet

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Iain M, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you, MacSpecQueen, for your review after your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

I am pleased to see that you found the bed comfy and the team to be helpful. I am sorry, however, about the hot water situation. We had a boiler failure on the Tuesday night which impacted everyone on the Wednesday morning. Could I ask you to contact me on gm.frimleyhall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk so that I can organise the voucher for you?