The Ely Hotel
US$202
US$112
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Camberley Hotel(Camberley)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Sandhurst Hotel(Camberley)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Frimley(Frimley Green)
US$499
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubfunction roomhampshire suitebirthday partycomfortable bedwedding receptionplenty of parkingmain roadfull englishthe ground floorcooked breakfasttea and coffeestayed for one nightfamily roomyogurtlukeyateley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed as part of a 2 day business trip.
The room was No 4 on the ground floor at the back and was clean and spacious.The shower was an over bath and Very powerful.
If you are a light sleeper I would advise asking for an upstairs room as the ceiling and stairs were very creaky.
The food in the restaurant/bar area was well presented and priced and the included breakfast was very nice.
Please take note that at the time of my stay a "events" building was in the process of being built next to the ground floor rooms. This was not a problem to me as I was up early both mornings but if you want a lay in the builders started work at 8 am.
All in all I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew J
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at The Ely Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thankyou for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon. Regards, Luke Jones General Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Needed a place to stay for one night as passing through area. All the big names were ridiculously expensive and through Google found this place. Reception was pleasant and efficient at registering us. We chose to eat in the restaurant rather than hit the road again and we were glad we did. The food was sensibly priced, well presented and tasty. Had a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed followed by a fairly good shower in a spotless bathroom. Our price for the night [£69] included breakfast so we were more than happy with the service and do recommend this hotel/pub. Only gripe was that there was only one bath towel in a double room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nmpm
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Ely hotel.The room was really nice and clean.The staff and the manager were very friendly and helpful.You could really relax and feel special.We would definitely recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VeselinaMinkova
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Couldn't have asked for a better experience while dining at The Ely. Where do I begin, all I can do is sing their praises.

The outside of the building looked fabulous, as soon as I walked through the door I was overwhelmed by the friendly 'hellos' from staff and the place has such a welcoming vibe.

The menu... I was spoilt for choice in my opinion, with the normal everyday menu and the specials board I was given. I finally decided that I wasn't going to have a starter but chose the chicken fajitas for my main meal, I must say that they were really tasty and full of flavour but the wraps didn't seem tat warm when they arrived to my table which didn't ruin my meal but maybe something to look into.

The service... Staff seemed happy o help and had the customers best interests at heart. They were efficient wen seating and serving me, throughout the duration of my visit. Considering they were fairly busy in the restaurant, it didn't show in the service. I was offered a top up when my drink was running low and was occasionally asked if I wanted anything else.

I would recommend The Ely to anyone and everyone. Fantastic food, great value for money (the food portions are fit for a king) and exceptional service from all staff who served me, including 'Keri' as it said in the feed back card I was given. will be sure to visit again in the near future, purely because of the service and food I received.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 25 February 2014

tHis is our second visit to The ELy, good food,great atmosphere , came with my partner for a weekend break ,we had a nice clean and comfortable room ,tea and coffee making facilities in room ,hair dryer ,tv,.....thanks guys will be back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple