Lakeside Continental Hotel
The Ely Hotel(Camberley)
US$96
US$147
Premier Inn Camberley Hotel(Camberley)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Sandhurst Hotel(Camberley)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Frimley(Frimley Green)
US$64
Travelodge
US$399
US$148
US$138
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a group of 11 for a family gathering. On arrival they mixed up all our rooms and despite letting them know in advance that we would have a 4 month old baby took several hours locating a cot. We went to our room and made a cup of tea which had bits floating in it from the kettle.

The restaurant was so bad it was funny in the end. There were only 2 waiters on so they came across as pretty rude - probably because they were rushing about. Just plonking the food on the table - definitely no smiles involved. The fish arrived about 5 minutes before the steaks then the steaks were all a little on the rare side. One of the party sent his back as it was very rare and he'd asked for medium. The rest of us were ok and actually did enjoy it. However the sent away steak came back looking exactly the same the second time so we sent it back again specifying medium. The third time it came back having been obviously microwaved and looking like a lump of roadkill due to the number of times it had been chopped up. Given it was a 20 pound piece of fillet this was not really good enough so we left it and refused to pay for it. As there were only about 5 tables of people I'd hate to see it full!

Breakfast in the morning was a similar affair with the same 2 'happy' waiters from the night before still on duty. We waited a long time for tea/coffee before finally going to the waiter to ask for some, there was no toast and when we asked for some were advised they'd run out of white bread. My husband found a hair in his mushrooms.

The cleaning staff were very friendly and cheerful.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

What a strange experience. I think the neon lights should have been a bit of a give away. The staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed the food but the quality of accommodation was rather shabby and very "Faulty Towers" esque!!!!!

Room Tip: no idea! I think you need to expect basic!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I did wonder when I entered the lift, if it was a mistake going here. The lift doors chundered open and closed after a few minutes of trying and after a bit of a wait and loud whine, I eventually reached my floor. Needless to say, it was the first and last time I used the lift.
I fancied a bath after a long day travelling, but with no plug available, I enquired if I could have one. I was asked to double check and phone down, which I did. A guy invited himself in after this, just to tripple check I was telling the truth, and informed me thay did not have a spare, and that he couldnt get me one from another room, but tomorrow, I might be able to change rooms, to one that did have one. I only wanted a plug.

Not being able to have a bath, I turned on the TV, that was actually a new flat screen to give them credit, but the only available channels were the BBC channels, as these were the only ones it would pick up, on digital TV. I decided just to mention this, as I knew this was unlikely to change after the plug incident.

In view of the room, it was a good size and clean but a complete throwback from the 60's. The picture on the wall had a huge crack in the glass through the middle, and there was a large chewing gum stain on the seat.

It was about £80 a night, but I have stayed in nicer hostels to this. I did get a plug in the end and one of the receptionists was helpful. Its not a terrible place, just not value for money. It needs a complete revamp. Make up your own decision, ive attached a couple of pictures.

Room Tip: There's supposed to be some revamped rooms somewhere, find them!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Wow, had a great deal on laterooms.com £120 for 2 nights and from the start, absolutely fab.
Spotless, huge bed
Large room
Bath & shower
Breakfast was an extra but as I don't do breakfast, not really a problem
Simple but very tasty bar menu - steak one night and steak and ale pie the 2nd
Can't wait to come back to try the curry, fish and chips
Staff very pleasant

Room Tip: gotta try this place - much better value than premier
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

As someone that stays in hotels Monday to Friday every working week, I feel I am in a good position to guide a good/bad hotel when I see it. The room rate was £80, so I was not expecting much, but what I found was even below that.

The room was ok, but the decor old and tired, however the bathroom was new and clean, with a good shower. The bed was very soft, as were the pillows, not always good.

The free wi-fi was very slow, and to cap it all they block many sites, with web sense software ..... This was a first!

Service in the bar/ restaurant was exceptionally slow, I ordered salad with grilled chicken, the chicken had been par boiled then grilled so was horrid. Breakfast was a buffet style, with many of the items cold, as were the plates.

I would not choose to stay here again

• Stayed: September 2011