Sorry David and Julia have meant to leave this very overdue review on so many occasions over the last 4 years so please accept my apologies, I hope I can do justice now to what has always been a very pleasant experience at the start of our holiday and at the end of it as well.
I suppose unlike a lot of the guests who use Trumbles and have a long way to travel to Gatwick to begin their holiday we live relatively close to the airport, we stay at Trumbles as it is a beautiful and peaceful country home and is a lovely start to our holiday, check in is painless and the rooms are tastefully decorated, very comfortable and in keeping with the period of the home, the only noise you will hear is the spring birds singing at this time of year.
There is also a lot of information available to help you find restaurants and shopping if you are not familiar with the area.
We have no worries regarding the car during our time away or making our flight in time as David takes care of all of that in a cheerful and friendly manor which will put you immediately at ease.
If like me you are not a great flyer and do not eat the food during a long transatlantic flight the breakfast which is taken in the conservatory overlooking the beautiful garden is wonderful, all you could possibly wish for in a breakfast is provided.
At the end of the holiday and especially after a long flight you just want to get home as quickly as possible, after clearing customs and a call to Trumbles by the time you arrive at the agreed pickup point your transport is waiting and in a matter of minutes you are back and in your car ready for the homeward journey.
We will always recommend most highly to our friends and business colleagues to start their holiday with a holiday at Trumbles, we of course will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trumbles, the perfect start or end to your holiday. Located in peaceful countryside, yet only 10 minutes drive from Gatwick airport. Rooms are spacious and all have en-suite facilities. 24hr Transport TO Gatwick, Transport FROM Gatwick 06.00 - 22.00. Holiday parking available at a small daily charge - no charge for parking whilst staying at Trumbles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Trumbles Guest Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trumbles Guest Hotel Charlwood
- Trumbles Guest Accommodation Charlwood, Surrey