My husband and I normally stay in Gatwick Airport in the Sofitel or the Hilton because they are on site. But this year we stayed at Trumbles because we were with other people who wanted to stay there. We have been converted. From the moment you walk through the door it is the start of your holiday. Julia, co-owner, greeted us at the door and made us feel right at home. Much more personal than a big hotel. We stayed in room no.1 which has a very comfortable bed promoting a good nights sleep before the long day of traveling ahead. The view from the room is of countryside, but then you can see Gatwick Airport in the far distance, but you can't hear it. The room was lovely and big. You get a kettle and mugs, not silly cups and saucers. The hairdryer was fine and did the job. The bathroom is massive too. There is a lounge to sit in and a massive conservatory. There is no bar but if you bring a bottle, they provide glasses and an opener. I made tea in my room and brought that down as I don't drink. Breakfast is served in the conservatory which was lovely. The tables are set nicely. They give you a list for breakfast the day before and you tick what you would like. My father-in-law asked for an extra egg and they duely obliged. I am a vegetarian and was given the option of two Quorn sausages to go with my breakfast, which was marvelous. Transfers to and from Gatwick at certain times of the day are included in the price. I suffer from panic attacks when being in other peoples vehicles and mentioned this to David, Julias' husband, who drives the transport, and he drove really slowly and carefully and made me feel really relaxed, which is a big help before getting on a plane. He also remembered this on the return journey,which we thought was really lovely. It was a lovely start and end to our holiday. David and Julia are a lovely couple and we felt that they couldn't do enough for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trumbles, the perfect start or end to your holiday. Located in peaceful countryside, yet only 10 minutes drive from Gatwick airport. Rooms are spacious and all have en-suite facilities. 24hr Courtesy Transport TO Gatwick, Courtesy Transport FROM Gatwick 06.00 - 23.00. Holiday parking available at a small daily charge - no charge for parking whilst staying at Trumbles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Trumbles Guest Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trumbles Guest Hotel Charlwood
- Trumbles Guest Accommodation Charlwood, Surrey