“Fantastic place to visit”
Review of The Sculpture Park

The Sculpture Park
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Churt
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to visit”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I visited the Sculpture Park for the first time last year after a friend recommended it. It's probably one of the most enjoyable places I've ever visited. If you like sculptures then this is definately the place for you...if you like wandering through the woods then this is the place for you too. I've never seen such a diverse range of art displayed in such beautiful surroundings before - just a great day out and worth every penny and the worn out feet.

Visited June 2011

Liphook, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“wonderful,interesting venue”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

all in the open air so go when the weather is good.
No cafe etc-pity

Hants UK
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit if you are in the area”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I visited as a parent-helper as part of a school trip. I am not an art fanatic by a long way. All 5 children I was supervising in my group greatly enjoyed their visit here, and all of the parent-helpers I spoke to also enjoyed their visit, such that we all plan to visit again with our families.

The park is fairly compact - probably about the size of a couple of football pitches, situated in woodland on the side of a hill, with some ponds/water features at the bottom. A series of paths zig-zag the park, with sculptures of all shapes, sizes, genres, materials and standards and the like every few paces. Additional exhibits are set in the trees or on the water. The park itself appears to be well maintained, and is kept clean.

Facilities there looked a bit on the thin side - for example there were no toilets apparent on site and I did not see anywhere selling refreshments (not that I looked) - but there is a pub immediately opposite. Also there is no information about each sculpture along side it (e.g. who made it, when, etc) - only a number, so I am guessing that a guide is available containing such information.

There was a small entrance charge (£6) but was in my opinion is well worth it to go somewhere a bit different with a bit of culture in the fresh air. I look forward to going back!

Visited May 2011