Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa
US$228
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
US$86
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
US$135
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,217 results
All reviewsgarden roomevents managerstunning locationafternoon teaoverlooking the lakechristmas lunchthe main hotellovely settingexecutive roomwedding receptionsandwichesbar areastayed here for one nightwedding venuebreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed one night at this pleasant hotel which had nice rooms and was upgraded to a garden chalet. Downside was I ordered a burger and Guinness in the bar in the evening - the burger was way undercooked and the beer was poured from a can even though they advertised it as draught beer. Breakfast was very good. Overall a mixed bag, I wound not be rushing back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a garden chalet - much roomier and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Macker2014
Kevin H, General Manager at Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Macke2014

Thank you for finding the time to provide feedback here on TA.

I am pleased that we were able to upgrade you to our executive bedroom.

Whilst these are a short walk from the main hotel they are ideal when the weather is good and have the added benefit of a private patio, more modern contemporary furnishings and air conditioning.

I was sorry to learn of the issues with your burger and my bar supervisor was concerned and I believe asked you on a couple of occasions if everything was fine and you responded saying that you were not hungry.

We were truly sorry you did not provide feedback at the time as it would have allowed us the opportunity to put right a wrong.

With regards to the Guinness this is actually draught Guinness in a can.

There is a special process that takes place as you may have witnessed when the bar person poured the Guinness into the glass.

It then is placed in a special stainless steel dish that when a button is pressed turns it into draught Guinness.

It is supplied to smaller units like ourselves that does not have the facility to serve enough Guinness before it is past its best before date.

Whilst we never advertise it as draught Guinness but as Guinness surger.

Delighted to see your positive feedback about breakfast.

Would really appreciate you giving us another opportunity so please do contact me directly when wishing to stay again and we welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my one night stay at the Best western at Frensham pond. Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the bar but seeing people sat outside in the sun overlooking the pub looked very nice. We had a very friendly welcome particularly when we arrived and check out was quick and painless. The decor and fittings are dated but for a stay where you don't intend to stay in the room much it is perfect, very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Emma, it sounds like you really had an excellent and enjoyable time with us and we are really grateful you took the time to share this with the Trip Advisor community.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you here again in the not too distant future.

In the main bedroom the bedrooms are a little dated but we have our fingers crossed for a refurbishment starting early next year.

For a small supplement you may also upgrade to our executive bedrooms which are ideal in this warm weather as they have a private patio, air conditioning and more modern contemporary décor.

Do please contact me directly when wishing to stay again.

Bets wishes

Kvein@frenshampondhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were twelve adult with two children under 4.
I had booked Sunday lunch in a private partitioned room which opened out onto the terrace. Everything went very smoothly. The waiting staff were excellent. They were ready for us as we arrived, unobtrusive and immediately attentive to all our requests. For example, I realised I hadn't ordered enough wine for pre-dinner drinks. I asked for more bottles expecting a bit of a wait. The wine arrived almost immediately, ready poured into fresh flutes! Whilst having drinks on the terrace staff handed out the menus so there was no delay once we had sat down.
Waiting at table was also quick and efficient. We were surprised that the main waiter wore 'white gloves' so as not to dirty the plate! I would expect that in a top restaurant in London, but in a smallish hotel in the middle of Surrey?
Unlike other restaurants when catering for groups of 12 (I've had prior experience) we were not forced to decide on just one menu, but each of my guests could choose their own.
The menu was typical Sunday lunch, exactly what I had in mind and the price was very reasonable (£20). The drinks were equally reasonably priced.
The location, overlooking Frensham Ponds, was near idyllic - though the warm, sunny weather probably helped!
I can fully recommend this Hotel's restaurant. I've paid more than double elsewhere and received indifferent/snooty service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JOhnL4777

Dear John L

It’s really encouraging to see our diners also taking the time to leave their thoughts on their experience.

We believe that Frensham Pond Hotel has something to offer everyone whether staying overnight or just coming for something to eat.

We are all delighted to learn of your five star experience and that we exceeded your expectations.

This always is our aim of course.

We shall look forward to welcoming you all back here soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose to have my Husband's surprise 50th birthday party at the Frensham Pond Hotel, I am so very happy that i made that decision, and so were the 54 guests.

The food was amazing the staff were very attentive, and overall the cost was most reasonable. We will continue to use the Hotel for just a meal and a drink, and for any other social events that may come up. I have been assured by lots of my guests that attended that they would reccomend the hotel for functions also..

From the Events Manager to the bar staff, our experience was amazing.

CONGRATULATIONS FRENSHAM POND HOTEL

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Carol W

What a comprehensive review.

We are delighted you have made such an effort to be constructive and show that we are hitting the high standards of quality and service we pride ourselves on.

So happy to learn of your Amazing Party Experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed overnight here in one of the garden rooms. The hotel is well maintained, food was excellent and the views from the restaurant wonderful. The garden room was very nice, heating was great, just a shame we couldn't take advantage of our outside seating area due to the bad weather. Don't be put off by the appearance of the garden rooms from outside, they are so much nicer inside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sooziedoo

It is encouraging to note the fabulous feedback you have shared here with the Trip Advisor community.

So pleased to note that you had a lovely weekend.

Many customers make not so positive observations about the outside of our executive room block but as you have noted they are lovely once inside.

Pity that you did not have the opportunity to sit out on the private patio’s or make use of the welcoming air conditioning in sticky humid weather.

Thank you for your comments about the food.

We have for the past four years benefited from an AA Rosette award for good food.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again.

When wishing to stay again do please drop me an email.