“Perfect!”

Bel & The Dragon
Ranked #1 of 2 Churt B&B and Inns
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just what we were after. Fabulous setting, decor and atmosphere. Friendly, helpful staff. Gorgeous food. Complimentary whisky, vodka and nespresso machine. A real treat and will definitely return. Loved the quirky touches and the relaxed feeling.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Angela F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 12 March 2014

As a hotel reviewer, I am rarely in a position to say I can't find fault but with this place, I was bowled over. Affordable, well thought-out and charming. I also liked the care that had gone into restoring the inn - it has all the creature comforts, without compromising on the feeling of homeliness. I'd go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madeleine S
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Would love this place to work as it is my local and have given it three goes. but no more as all visits deeply disappointing. If this is to be regarded as a restaurant, (given the prices assume this is the aim,) far greater attention needed to quality on all levels, delivery, service and ambience. There has been an excellent renovation of a tired building, completely transformed, I hope the owners follow this through to delivering the menu equally well. Staff are delightful but appear to lack experience. I would revisit for a lunchtime sandwich style meal as I work/walk locally but that would be all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tessa672
Hindhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Completely in love with this place. Amazing service and excellent hospitality. Family run with a group of incredibly friendly staff. Accommodation, quaint and kitsch, still provided maximum comfort and care. Lovely details such as vintage books in all the rooms, which were named after literary figures from Austen novels, and beautifully thought out interior design. Very clean and high spec modern bathroom. Although expensive, well worth the price! Complementary damson vodka was a plus as well! Food was of a high quality, and there was a lot of it! Extremely welcoming environment, multiple lit fire places and very warmly decorated. Wonderful restaurant/bar lay out, allowing maximum amounts of eating and drinking. I would not of stayed anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Callum C
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Bel and The Dragon is a very relaxing, attractive place with the most welcoming atmosphere. The room we had, Bertram, was extremely comfortable and the bathroom and the products provided were luxurious. Underfloor heating in the bathroom was much appreciated. Mike was the perfect host, very hospitable and friendly and truly enthusiastic to make your stay a memorable one. I'd recommend sampling at least one of the cocktails on offer in the bar. We were unable to have an evening meal due to our late booking and a large party already booked in, however if breakfast is any gauge of quality, it shouldn't be one to miss. The best scrambled eggs ever and the warmed bread drizzled with olive oil was just delicious. It was also refreshing to have such a big 'window' for breakfast; 8am - 11am. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Bel and The Dragon in Churt for a weekend away. Getting out of the hustle and bustle of London, Bel and The Dragon provided us with a lovely country location but with a 'London standard' of food and service. I was delighted with the friendly welcome we received upon arriving and the ongoing helpfulness of the staff both in the B&B and the restaurant. The rooms were clean, tidy and of a good standard. Our evening meal was peaceful and I don't think I have tasted beef quite as good as the Rib of Beef we had as our main. All in all a brilliant spot for a sneaky night away, so much so, I have just booked another visit during the summer!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The restaurant here was recommended to me by a customer and I stumbled across their accommodation by accident when looking at the menu online. I am glad I did, as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very welcoming on my arrival, i was offered complimentary coffee amongst other surprises and shown to my room. It was spotless, decorated very tastefully with a luxurious feel, the bed was huge and very comfortable. Stayed for dinner and breakfast and I was just as equally impressed with the food and dining service as I was with the room. I will be returning for sure and couldn't recommend this place highly enough. Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Churt
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Farnham House Hotel
Farnham House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Bel & The Dragon? Share your experiences!